Top Shelf Aquatics

Deep Sea Aquatics Neo Nano 34 gal.

highonfumes

highonfumes

I plan on upgrading tanks around august and am seriously considering the Neo Nano 34 gallon by DSA. I am really drawn to the 24" x 24" foot print and shallow depth. I am having a hard time finding reviews since it is a relatively new system. Has anyone seen one in person? Even if you haven't, can you give me any impressions from the links I've provided? All feedback is appreciated. I want to make sure I get a system I'm going to be happy with. Thanks!

http://www.deepseaaquatics.net/index.php?o...&Itemid=123

Here's a link to Marine Depot's page:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~cat...y~FIAQCKCH.html

highonfumes

I hate to bump myself but I'd like to hear what other people think about this tank. Please. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen this aquarium in person and it looks very nice. I like the way the water cascades over the black pedestal thing at the back. The water returns to the sides of the pedestal into two sponge like portals. Potentially you could plant mangroves for nutrient export. I couldn't really tell how it was plumbed since the store was kept kinda dark. They had a flat pedent metal halide light over it. The back black panel looked like it was made of some form of thick glossy styrene board. Very lagoon-ish. I really like how they seem to be the only fish tank that integrate the design of the filtration system into whole tank design. I think you are limited to water level height, but I could be wrong. I wish the foot print was larger, but it should do for a couple of fishes. My gf really liked it. I may get this tank when I move. Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

I have had one up for about a year now, and love it! Its a great tank. The only problem is if you set up one you will want another one. I run a 24 inch Tek and it looks awsome.

post-42566-1260899336_thumb.jpg

actually...i've had mine up for over six months now too...i started a thread but it came all unglued when there was that data loss and then photobucket dumped half my photos and i never started a new thread. i like mine too but if i am considering tearing out the waterfall. my snails like to climb it and then it's like there's a sprinkler in my living room!

How would you do the return, if you take yours out post some pictures. Deep sea sent me some small pre-cut trim for the top edge of the tank, I had some problems with chipped glass on the edge. Post some pictures of how you did your sump plumbing, if possible.

post-42566-1260905158_thumb.jpg

i like the look of the black rim...did DSA charge you for that? i've got a tek fixture too. the waterfall is just siliconed in there and i alraedy have a threaded bulkead for the return. so i'd just tear out the tower and screw in a dual locline. i am thinking about moving in the next year or so...if i decide to do it, i will probably do it then and will take photos.

my sump plumbing is super basic. i've got (i think) half inch overflows. i've got a mag 5 return and just used flexible vinyl tubing on that. i stuck a ball valve in the return line so i could throttle back the flow. this is another small complaint i have...the flow from the tower has to be low enough to prevent splashing and alot of noise but i still waned more so i threw an MP20 on the tank. flow problem solved...wallet much lighter.

i dont have a computer at home anymore and my work has every photo hosting site blocked. i will see if i can dig up an existing pic of my sump.

while i do love my tank, i think if i were to do it again i'd take all that loot and get me a custom set up. how do you like the stand? it's plenty sturdy and i love the way the door removes but i wish it was made from solid wood!

I built my own stand, the pictures of it is not finished, I put side panels and a removable door like the original one. I spent 45 bucks compared to the 3 hundred they wanted. I may take out that waterfall at some point, I kinda like it, most of the time. The snail thing does drive me crazy sometimes. Your overflows should be one inch like your return? I run a mag 9.5, it helps stir detritis right before a water change you open the ball valve all the way. Then tone it back after your done.

post-42566-1260909082_thumb.jpg

are there doors on all sides? if so, that is genius. and i don't know why i said mag 5...i have a 9.5 as well. brain fart. i can't remember what size overflows are in there. i do remember them all being the same size and a .5 on the return would probalby not have worked...so they likely are 1 inch.

Archived