Top Shelf Aquatics

ALL ZOA ID THREAD!

nbavf6

Hey everyone. So I'm starting to collect zoos and curious what their "names" are. I want to start a thread of just zoanthids and IDing them with proper names, or most common names instead of orange zoos, pink zoos, etc. I want anyone with any questions or pictures with names to post. Good idea??

ID begins... :)

I'll start. Got these from LFS

DSC01745.jpg

And these I bought off a guy close to where I live

DSC01758.jpg

IMG00668.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

reefCrawler

ok, part of my collection, I'm not pretty sure all the names are correct..

but anyway, here is my show off, Can't help it... :)

Candy Apple Pink Paly

051209_01.jpg

Armor Of God (AOG)

051209_02.jpg

Lunar Eclipse

051209_03.jpg

Eagle Eyes

051209_04.jpg

Radiotive Dragon Eyes

051209_05.jpg

Hulk Eyes

051209_06.jpg

Blue Ice

051209_07.jpg

Peanut Butter cup

051209_08.jpg

Pink Zoot Suit

051209_09.jpg

Day Trippers?? the closest name I can find

051209_10.jpg

Bleeding Heart - closest name I can find

051209_11.jpg

Black Pearl?

051209_12.jpg

Alpha & Omega

051209_13.jpg

Green Bay Packers

051209_14.jpg

PRPE (Pink Rim People Eater)

051209_15.jpg

Monster Lips

051209_16.jpg

Flaming Rainbow

051209_17.jpg

Fire in the sky

051209_18.jpg

Fire & Ice

051209_19.jpg

Superman

051209_20.jpg

Blue Kiss

051209_21.jpg

kryptonite

051209_22.jpg

Cammiethoas

051209_23.jpg

Implosion 1

051209_25.jpg

Implosion 2

051209_26.jpg

Implosion 3

051209_27.jpg

haha, I'm in zoa fever, and there're more...

AOI, Kedds Red, Rockstar Supernova, Purple Death, Nuclear Green, Tubb Blue, 5 Color Rainbow, Blue Skies, Morning Glories, Polar Ice Cap, Zombie Eyes?,

and Some still don't know name.

Sharing my overwhelming show off, yah, I know I'm in fever! :D

DSC01596.jpg

?? i think the closest ive seen was a pucker pink. still unsure

or black pearl?

reefCrawler

You do have the fever but those are all awesome, I want some AOG so bad! But I can't find anybody local that has them!

Jake42393 My Pinks have longer skirts than the pucker pinks, but I'll see what i can find. O well I just want people to post there zoas with names and just have a thread of zoas :) cause everybody knows they are the coolest ever. haha :happy:

either whammin watermelons or eagle eye, pink cocos?? , bam bam orange, tubs blue

Are whammin more a redish orange and eagle more orange?

reefCrawler
reefCrawler

You do have the fever but those are all awesome, I want some AOG so bad! But I can't find anybody local that has them!

Jake42393 My Pinks have longer skirts than the pucker pinks, but I'll see what i can find. O well I just want people to post there zoas with names and just have a thread of zoas :) cause everybody knows they are the coolest ever. haha :happy:

Are whammin more a redish orange and eagle more orange?

Thanks, I do have some AOG frag to sell, it's posted in the selling forum.

I may show off some other collection I have later... when I get time to take some pics.

+1 zoaid.com or coralpedia.com as they have opened their ID's to all coral now.

But they dont have all of them. I just want a zoa lover thread. zoas and names.

The Propagator
FAIL

I got a name for you zoanthids sp. This naming crap needs to stop...........

COMPLETELY AGREE.

Its fugging ridiculous.

What these tools don't realize is by giving them "a cool name" they are effectively giving the collectors and vendors a license to rip you off at your request. But you can't blame them for taking advantage of a self induced cluster fruck though.

Not to mention over half of the zoanthids on Zoaid are the same damn zoanthid or paly under different lighting or photos shopped.

I have mixed feeling about that whole debate. If they had cool names, and said cool names didn't jack the price up, I'd be okay with it. Darth Maul's and Purple Hornets come to mind, not to mention all of the various "people eaters." That being said, I just found out I have eagle eyes. From two dollars a poly to 5, boom baby!

FAIL

I got a name for you zoanthids sp. This naming crap needs to stop...........

I'm sorry your so angry about a thread that no one says you have to read. I'm sorry I just wanted a thread of Zoanthids cause I think they are cool. Sorry I don't live on the threads and know every thread name by heart. Let me stop my Career and study it and you can quiz me. I just thought it would be cool for people to post their Zoanthids so others could see on one thread. So someone needs a hug and stop hating people for not knowing as much as you about threads and corals. Expand my learning by maybe helping out the thread instead of bashing it. Thanks

joel sandoman
COMPLETELY AGREE.

Its fugging ridiculous.

What these tools don't realize is by giving them "a cool name" they are effectively giving the collectors and vendors a license to rip you off at your request. But you can't blame them for taking advantage of a self induced cluster fruck though.

Not to mention over half of the zoanthids on Zoaid are the same damn zoanthid or paly under different lighting or photos shopped.

What's this? :lol:

ID these.

April8th200920090412_64.jpg

April8th200920090412_65.jpg

So Sparkly.... :haha: those are pretty cool!

I'll share one of my zoas:

Hawaiian Sticky Punch PE

peso.jpg

Those are cool. really cool. Thanks for posting.

Archived