Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kate's 90g

kate2118

A lot of you expressed interest in my 90 gallon tank so I decided to start a thread for it. This tank has been up and running for a year and a half now and its doing great.

IMG_1987.jpg

There's nothing too special about this tank. I'm saving up for a new lighting fixture so I can keep a wider range of corals. Right now its only got PC lighting which doesn't provide much light for such a deep tank.

Here's some of its inhabitants:

Ocellaris Clown Pair:

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

Six Line Wrasse:

IMG_2005.jpg

PJ Cardinal:

IMG_2015.jpg

Female Lyretail Anthias:

IMG_2029.jpg

Juvenial Yellow Tang:

IMG_2026.jpg

Scooter Blenny:

IMG_2021.jpg

And the Coral:

Scoly:

IMG_1990.jpg

Kenya Tree:

IMG_1991.jpg

Frog Spawn:

IMG_1995.jpg

Shroom Rock:

IMG_1997.jpg

Hammer Coral:

IMG_2008.jpg

GSP Frag:

IMG_2009.jpg

Button Polyps:

IMG_2010.jpg

Brain:

IMG_2011.jpg

Orange Ric:

IMG_2012.jpg

More Frog Spawn:

IMG_2016.jpg

Blastos Frag:

IMG_2019.jpg

ENJOY!

That is one awesome tank. I love the pictures that you took. What kind of camera is that taking those pictures. Once again nice tank and keep the pictures coming.

Bruce

Thanks Gerber.

I purchased this tank as a gift for my mother so it resides in her living room. That's why it took me so long to post a thread for it. She calls it "her" tank but I do all of the maintenance and stocking. They say the bigger the tank, the easier it is to care for but I have to disagree. Doing a water change on this bad boy is a PITA! It takes me almost a whole day to clean this tank completely. Another thing i realized with this tank is that there's A LOT of room. It's hard to make it look like it's filled out because I can't afford the huge pieces of coral and the LFS. I'm sure this tank will fill out nicely over time.

I'm open to suggestions, tips, or a good deal!

Thanks for looking!

How about a list of equipment.

sure thing!

lemme think...

Coralife Deluxe Lunar Series Lunar Aqualight (2x65W Actinic 03 + 2x65W 10000K)

K3 on the left

K4 on the right

300W All-Glass Heater

Reef Octopus 800S HOB Skimmer

Tops: Window Screen Kit

It's a simple set-up really. We don't have a sump or an ATO on this tank because it's upstairs and we're afraid of adding any additional weight. this means it needs a daily top off. kind of a pain but we can always add a sump later if need be.

Added this guy yesterday.

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

I've been looking for a nice Cocoa Worm for awhile now but they're always so over priced. Got a good deal on this one.

I;m working on getting some new lights for this tank. I can't wait any longer! This tank is in desperate need of a clam or two, or three. :P

Archived