The diva's 10 Gal Nano

N3ttst3r

The specs:

10 lbs live rock - fiji

10 lbs live sand (1 inch sandbed)

koralia nano

24" t5 lights

moonlights

**gotta love boxing day sales i got everything i needed and some extra on some things for later for approx 250$

Currently seen hitchikers:

- tiger tail sea cucumber - traded for my CUC

- 2 brittle seastars - traded.

- 5 mushrooms

- 1 kenya tree coral

Clean Up Crew:

5 astreas - edit 4 attack of the hermit crab...

2 blue legged hermits

EVENTS:

Dec. 26 - set up

Jan 4 - nitrates 0 for 2 days added CUC

Jan 5 - Re did the rock work. had to stable out one part and redid the whole thing because it looked funky.

Jan 6 - off to upload pix

jan 7- hardcore fish research starts

feb 10 - fragged the only mushroom now have 5

march 1 - finally ID kenya tree coral as kenya tree coral (thanks to my uncle gord... he had one 5 years ago...)

march 16 - found manjo.. killed it.... hopefully....

Pix to come soon.... i know i still dont have any... i tried march 15 again but my moms computors card reader (its built it) is busted so it didnt work... it will come soon though i promise even if i have to borrow a camera.

found some little red projectiles on a piece of live rock today.

if it grows i'll take some pix not sure if its coral or coraline on come pieces of rock that look neat. its santa claus red in colour.

the sea star was out and about this morning and the cuc thing is chillin on the sand bed now got some pix of it, the seastar was in the wrong place to grab a shot of it.

the cuc is about 2.5" long i think.

looked through some pictures on the net this mornign and i'm pretty sure it a tiger tail but its darker than all the pix that i've seen of them. once i can get this comp to recognise my camera then i'll upload the pix.

found what looks like a mushroom on one of the rocks when i was rescaping my rocks, also found what looks like 2 other corals. will take pix and post might have to go to my friends place to upload them.

feather duster count: 5 one has some nice red, the others brown.

the brittle has shown itself a few times today, its only about a 1.5 cm just a tiny little thing. water is clear sand settled out nice and i rescaped... sbout 4 times to find something that caught my eye.

well tomorrow i start workign on my diy led moonlights... shall be pretty awesome. boxingday sales are killer... outdoor already wired led lights on a 7 foot string 2$ i just need to set to the thign i'm putting them in and they are ready to go bestthing is they dont get hot. moonlights here i come. walmart specials i have an old light fixture for a tank that was buysted that i tore apart and washed down with some boiling hot water. everythign is ready and waiting just need to put it all together.

well tank is defietly cycling tested water (because i noticed diatoms on the sand) :

PH: 8.2

Nitrates: 20 ppm

Nitrites: .25 ppm

Amonia: .25 ppm (was .5ppm yesterday it was the only thing i checked)

need livestock ideas tho.

the big debate is going on i want to have a fairly rough idea of what i want to have in the tank before i start to buy stuff.

lost the little snail. the brittle seastars(i have 2 i found the second yesterday when i was reagraning rockwork) and the tigertail and doing well or at least seem to be. the tiger tail is havign fun eating the diatoms off the sand and the bottom of the rock.

do small fish..the larger like clowns will take more water changing

yea i was thinking about clowns but i;m not sure yet what i want i want somethign colourful tho. something that will stand out. i was thinkign clown because i love the way they look but i'm not sure what i want. i really like some of the blennies and gobies out there i'm not one to order live online i have no problems ordering drygoods online, livestock online gives me the heebee-geebees just becuase i have met people who ordered stuff and figured they were getting this but got that instead.

i dont have access to much as far a lfs goes i drive a 1/2 hour (depending on traffic) west or east to go to them. 2 are stricly fw and sw fish the other is an "exotic" pet store, they have had MANY years experience with sw fish and have a really good setup, i have known the owner since i was 5 and he seems to know a large amount of info on the subject (he has a sw tank at his house) the most diffucult part of living where i do is trying to find places to buy stuff. its either over an hour away from the really good stuff and hour for the good stuff or a half hour for the generic wtf why did i bother commign here stuff.

the other issue i have found is finding reefers in my area. there definetly does not seem to be very many online from what i can tell. i have found one a half hour away but he is taking down his tank now (i'm thinking of calling him and seeing if he has any intresting frags i can get) cant do much for fish from him tho all he had were a few tangs in a 75 gal.

When it comes time to stock corals, get ahold of Pat Foster at Ottawa inverts. He has some great stuff and GREAT prices.. You're only looking at a few hours shipping time and he's great to deal with..

As for stocking, in my 10G I have a six line wrasse, and 1 clarkii clown (rescued from the LFS who had no saltwater set up) . I'll be adding a second clarkii soon and they'll be staying in the 10G for a few weeks while I gather parts for my 20 long.

Oh and I'd be happy to drive 1/2 an hour to SW store, I have to drive 2 hours.. no fun!

yea the drive isnt theproblem its that the truck broke down and is currently in a state of "here i am sitting in the driveway" until spring when my moms boyfriend(hes a mechanic) can come and help us get it back on the road (its a little to cold in witer to do all the little work with gloves on) the drive isnt that bad, i love going there, the one place has lemurs :o XD lol

the only thing is that the stores are big als which generaly are ok but some of there stuff i dont trust. they need some more knowlagable staff members imo. there is one guy who works in there who i wouldnt mind being there when i go in but he is only ever there when i go in for fish food and electrical stuff never when i buy livestock :( .

once it is time to stock coral i was thinkign of pat and the guy with the lemurs lol big als isnt bad sometimes, they had a couple nice zias in the last time i was there but most of the time their selection is crap. they only carry certain CUC members to. and they only have 1 kind of shrimp i'd be intrested in, and no snails i like.

plus there price on blue legged hermits is REALLY high the only way you get a decent price is if you buy like 30 and imo 30 hermits is a little much for a 10 gal.

Wow, looks like you got some really good Live Rock with all those hitchhikers :)..

Any picture updates?

no no pictures yet i have TONS on my camera i got some really awesome pix of the shroom under the new diy for under 10$ moon lights i made about two mins ago once i can get them uploaded there will be tons lol. i rearanged the rockwork today and added a hob filter with just the floss in it for now bumped the flow a bit its right beside/over the powerhead.

the rocks look slightly more pleasing to me now i think i'm going to pick up a couple more piece tho, its just missing something. ggot some awesome coraline started on the rocks that didnt have much on them the sea cucumber is looking rather fat he has been muching like non stop for the past 2 days its funny to watch him move around in the tank but i think he chose his favourite rock its small enough for him to eat off of without having to do alot of work lol hes so lazy. i'll need to find him a new home me thinks tho because from what i've read about tigertails they grow to be around 12" in captivity.... its a little to big for my little 10 gal. he is an awesome little guy though, definetys does what alot of places sell him for.

my baby featherdusters seem to be doing well there is only 5 in total form what i see. i cant wait to get my pix up. they will definatly need to be cropped tho. they are like 2000px wide crop in certain ones and resize the rest. i miss my comp i would havce had pix on the first day.

my diatoms look intresting i kinda stirred the sandbed today when i moved the one rock so there dont look like there is much on the sand but my creamish coloured rock is basicly rust coloured with cream patched now lol i tested my nitrates today they have slightly dropped but not much. ph seems to be staying around 8.0 sometimes droppign to 7.8 when i get to cold in my room and shut the window. stupid no fresh air makes my ph drop..... a grrr. other then that everythign is about the same as it was.

alrightly tested my water, i seem to have 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 nitrates.... i tested like 3 times cause of what my levels were at yesterday (i guess the hob filter cam in handy??) i finally located some phone numbers so i can get prices on cuc from some lfs man i wish my camera was working i want to ID this one (well there are 2 actually but on different rocks each) pieces of coral i know they arent aiptasia. they are white and branch.... i'm gunna have to dig out good old ms paint soon and try to draw up a pix to get some possibilties.

if my water test results stay where they are or drop down lower on the nitrates within the next week i might grab an couple snails to throw in the tank. any suggestions on what species of snail i should get??

In my 10G I have 4 nassarius (had 5 but a hermit decided the shell would look better on him..) 1 zebra turbo (still small) and 3 Astreas. Plus the 4 hermits.. They seem to be doing well keeping up with the tank.

I'm in the same boat with the pH levels. Stupid Canadian winters, can't open a window.. lol

In my 10G I have 4 nassarius (had 5 but a hermit decided the shell would look better on him..) 1 zebra turbo (still small) and 3 Astreas. Plus the 4 hermits.. They seem to be doing well keeping up with the tank.

I'm in the same boat with the pH levels. Stupid Canadian winters, can't open a window.. lol

yea the only inverts i really have access to at a decent price that arent online with killer shipping are my LFS and they only cary turbo snails at the one that easiest to get to, well some hermits and shrimp to.

yea winter is a KILLER on my ph in all my tanks... i hate it... stupid cold... i have the window in my bedroom cracked open with a fan blowing into the room it s helped alot with the ph its balanced out at about 8.0 since i've done that it gets to cold and i have to shut it i hate it.... ph drops like a rock not far after. well not really like a rock but it goes down to 7.8 which is enough to erk me. lol.

pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics? :happy:

pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics?pics? :happy:

:huh::lol: +1

lol pixs should be on either today or tomorrow the weather here was horrible the past couple days cold blistering winds then freezing rain yesterday was nice but had to go grocery shopping tonight i'm going to run over to my friends place after i snap a couple shots of the tank today.

Archived