SaltCritters.com

AA elos almost copy plus zoas

anonymousadrian

anonymousadrian

so tonight i got baked and when i came back into my room i went camera crazy.

this is my new 24x24x16 nano tank. ikea stand reinforced backing and top

IMG_9680.jpg

IMG_9685.jpg

IMG_9744-1.jpg

IMG_9747-1.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

and what its housing.

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

xenia.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

leng sy?

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9736.jpg

IMG_9735.jpg

o look more

IMG_9733.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9729.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9708.jpg

from your picture it appears that the top of your stand is open in the middle, with the tank being supported around the edges like a traditional stand.

If that is so, that raises some concern. Its advised that acrylic tanks be fully supported (evenly) aka a solid flat surface. If not, you risk serious bowing of the bottom, splitting of seams, etc.

Just a thought.

Nice tank! That stand is prob gonna give you some stability issues later. I would find a solid wood night stand or Bathroom furniture. Hate to see a tank that nice get ruined or tweaked and leaking..

anonymousadrian
from your picture it appears that the top of your stand is open in the middle, with the tank being supported around the edges like a traditional stand.

If that is so, that raises some concern. Its advised that acrylic tanks be fully supported (evenly) aka a solid flat surface. If not, you risk serious bowing of the bottom, splitting of seams, etc.

Just a thought.

your right, but i added a flat piece of plywood under the tank to support it. its just not shown in the picture..

Nice tank! That stand is prob gonna give you some stability issues later. I would find a solid wood night stand or Bathroom furniture. Hate to see a tank that nice get ruined or tweaked and leaking..

why do you say stability issues?

I LOVE John's tanks! :D I'm picking up the stand for my DIY MH that he made to fit my SCNRS tank. Anyways, AA hands down has the BEST acrylic tanks out there. His quality it top notch, and the tanks just look so b!tchin'! B) Your's definitely looks as good as if not better than an ELOS, and for a fraction of a fraction of the price, you can't beat that deal!

Check this thread out to see how a stand needs to be braced. Notice it's wood not compressed particle board Ikea uses to make their furniture. The main difference is that one has structure integrity and will stand up to moisture, the other will not without some modifications.

Dont get me wrong, I love this tank. Just dont want to see you have problems and have to take it down because of the stand. With the tank holding close to 40gallons of water which is close to 320 lbs and all!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165682

anonymousadrian
Wait.... this tank is already bowing? how badly? and how would you correct a problem like that?

yah it is not too much but its there.

i dont know

probably not going to correct it, most likely cosmetic.

ill know its not cosmetic if it leaks.

Acrylic tanks without top bracing will bow some naturally.

Not my nano tank....Its made of 3/4 inch acrylic....There is no bowing :)

Archived