Coral Vue Hydros

Solana ATO chamber pics

5thDay

The first 2 are just shots of the chamber the 3rd shows the platform for which the bottles sit. The 3rd picture @ the upper right side is a notch taken out, its about .5cm in from what would have been the corner. The 2 circles inside are where the bottles sit and the half circle on the right is where the power cord goes through.

post-39266-1224302146_thumb.jpg

post-39266-1224302166_thumb.jpg

post-39266-1224302187_thumb.jpg

Why not? I have heard this response before but nothing to back it up, Im just curious becasue I am getting a solana soon and would love to put it back there. Does water ever come in contact with this area? is it possible to use silicon and block the possibility of water getting back there? I just dont like the way the Vortech looks on the side of the solana, I think it looks much better with 3 clean sides.

Thanks! -Matt

what a complete waste of space. all of the companies that make AIO's really need to hire some R&D people or engineers that have actually set-up and maintained an AIO. .

GrandpaFeathers
what a complete waste of space. all of the companies that make AIO's really need to hire some R&D people or engineers that have actually set-up and maintained an AIO. .

I actually agree with you.

The Propagator

ditto !

I detest the way 99.9% of them utilize space.

I mean WTF you have to have a HUGE tank to make up for the loss of usable tank space because in order to make an AIO tanks filtration system to function well enough to support a decent bio load you have to take up half the frigg'n tank.

Im with you guys, but to give current some credit a built in ATO would be great in a AIO IF it was pulled off correctly. What is the point of wasting space for an ATO that you have to fill once a day thus still making it a chore to top off.. This is why I want to seal it off and put the dry part of my Vortech back there to keep the 3 sides clean. Im still waiting for a good reason not to do this. Thanks for any input.. I guess Ill find out as soon as I get my solana im just curious.

I agree the ATO is a bit small they combined only hold 900mL, which like mattnano said you'd have to fill every day. Kind of pointless if you ask me...

Left Coast DJ

The Solana ATO actually works pretty well. The only knock is that volume of those two bottles is small.

As for putting the dry-side of a Vortech in there, I wouldn't do it. When the pump's turned off, the water level had a tendency to rises above the ATO plate.

I agree the ATO is a bit small they combined only hold 900mL, which like mattnano said you'd have to fill every day. Kind of pointless if you ask me...

to an extent...it would keep the salinity from swinging. with out the constant feed of fw all day the salinity would be up and down daily. but i do agree that it is small but i dont think it was ment for a week ATO, just ment for a day because then it could be refilled daily instead of topping the tank off once a day.

The Propagator

You know I think I should probably say I DO THINK THAT THE OP'S TANK IS A NICE TANK.

I don't mean to down it in any way. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Well I've been trying to design a larger ATO system for the Solana and I think I've done it. This thing will hold 2150mL where as the original 2 bottles held a combined total of 900mL. Yeah it's not a huge difference it does mean I won't have to top off as often. So here are some pics.

Sorry, StevieT I know we had been talking about this, but it was to much to try to explain so I built it. So if you want me to send you this so you'll know the size it can be. Just let me know. I'm just not sure how to design the bottom so it'll drip the water out.

post-39266-1224908366_thumb.jpg

post-39266-1224908441_thumb.jpg

"I'm just not sure how to design the bottom so it'll drip the water out."

Your acrylic project needs to be air tight. The Solana ATO works like a hamster drinking bottle. Make your big bottle air tight, put a nipple on the bottom like the original ATO and it should work. R

I plan on removing the 2 bottles and building a "dry area" with acrylic to house the dry side of my Vortech, I will post pics when its up and running. I want to keep the sides of my Solana clean.

Archived