Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

P-DUBS 20L AIO DIY - Updated Pics pg 2

P-DUBS

Hey Fellow Nano-Reefers.

The Petco 20L tank sale got me going for an All In One DIY Project. Never knew the possibilities of these tanks. I have Painted the back wall black, and custom AIO acrylic overflow/fuge/sump 3 chamber. (thx tyty)

Dry Goods:

Maxijet 1100 Utility pump for return

SeaLine Flow Accelerator

Marineland Visitherm Heater

Current USA Sundial 4x24w 24" fixture

Koralia 1 (maybe if i don't get a skimmer)

Live Stock Plans- Don't Know yet LOL I just Know the rock placement I am looking for.

Some Pics of the All in one so far -

p9280355vj9.jpg

p9250350wu1.jpg

sg105856hl0.jpg

Reef side!

sg105848xo0.jpg

More to come soon!

get a skimmer or a RO unit.. they both will do wonders for your tank.

Thanks for the advice, but I use RO already, and I keep up on water changes....

Thanks for the advice, but I use RO already, and I keep up on water changes....

Nice looking tank you got there!!!! Can't wait to see it all set up!!!! :D

-David

I FINALLY GOT MY DAMN CLAM!!!! Baby ORA Maxima :D

Nice looking tank you got there!!!! Can't wait to see it all set up!!!! :D

-David

I FINALLY GOT MY DAMN CLAM!!!! Baby ORA Maxima :D

Nice Glad you went to that store! I can't wait to see it all setup too LOL, I scored a Dr. Fosters Sedona stand for 20$ LOL

cool deal! I would recommend a skimmer though, it makes life just so much easier

I'll look into it, its just alot more dough that i wasn't planning on spending...

looks good.

it will be cool to compare our tanks in a year or so. maybe if enough people start 20long AIO tanks we can start our own fts thread dedicated to 20 long AIOS :lol:

how many gph is your return pump?

i ask because i have a mj 1200 ,295 gph and a karolia nano 240gph and it seems like a ton of flow.

have you thought of any stocking plans? fish?

The Return Pump is 297 GPH x4 with the flow accelerator. I haven't even decided if I will use the koralia yet.

As far as fish, I was thinking either a pair of clowns, or a few small gobies, greenbands, redheads, trimma's... no watchmans though. I would like to do alot of acans in this tank.... and possibly want a bunch of green corals. pretty much green everything....

You just made it so easy for me to make the AIO anad I have another 20L laying around that I could make a replica if I wanted

thats a lot of flow so your probably good without the koralia but i guess it all depends on what the coral wants.

why no watchman goby?

i really want to give my design a long test run before i make another one. that way i can design improve my design if needed.

Nice looking tank...good job. The ONLY thing I would think about is the flow accelerator. I like and my corals like lots of flow volume but not high pressure flow. Thats why the Koralia and similars work so well. I would remove it.

Nice looking tank...good job. The ONLY thing I would think about is the flow accelerator. I like and my corals like lots of flow volume but not high pressure flow. Thats why the Koralia and similars work so well. I would remove it.

Well I have a Loc-Line Setup which I could use instead of the flow accelerator, but i'll try it for now. I am running the Koralia 1 also right now.

I picked up 18Lbs of LR today all from an established tank. So I am hoping for a short cycle. I have another 10lbs to transfer into the tank out of my nano once the 20g is cycled. I Like the rockwork right now, considering I paid 36$ for the rocks lol....

p9280355vj9.jpg

thats a lot of flow so your probably good without the koralia but i guess it all depends on what the coral wants.

why no watchman goby?

i really want to give my design a long test run before i make another one. that way i can design improve my design if needed.

I am really not a fan of the watchmans, they just watch.... i would rather a fish that swims in the water column...

Awesome Bro, I take it you made it this morning to Queens...hahahahahahahaha!

The rock looks great! :D

I need more lol but i have a bunch I am transfered......

I strongly agree. Not to mention that the penductor will likely burn up that little pump in a hurry. You really need a good pressure rated pump when using flow accelerators.

I strongly agree. Not to mention that the penductor will likely burn up that little pump in a hurry. You really need a good pressure rated pump when using flow accelerators.

Ok, So will the locline be ok?

very nice,

i just added my second clownfish to my 20 long

i like the watchmans because they add some diversity to the tank and i think the yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair will be really cool.

very nice,

i just added my second clown fish to my 20 long

i like the watchman's because they add some diversity to the tank and i think the yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair will be really cool.

I agree, I just don't want the clicking from a pistol in the tank...its in my bedroom... I had a watchman he was definitely cool but he just hid all the time...the yellow one, I would get a wheelers watchman out of all watchman's....

Thinks are going well in the tank, Have some diatoms.... The rock was established rock.... and 1/4 of the water was from the Rocks tank.

I was wondering if anyone knows if its ok to transfer some of the contents of my nano into this tank yet?

Maybe some LR And a few Corals....

Parameters:

Temp-74.5-76

SG:1.023

pH: 8.2

Ammonia:0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0 (Was 5 on day 1)

Its most likely too soon? but if all the rock is cured already, and my nano rock is cured.....

Assuming that the LR you bought from the established tank was up and running and submerged when your transported it home, don't see why there would be a cycle. Cycles are a result of die off of organic matter so if you're reasonably sure that the rocks weren't exposed to air for an extended period of time, I don't see why you couldn't throw the rock from your nano in there. Your water parameters look good but it couldn't hurt to take some more time and make sure your nitrates are consistently off the charts. That being said, I'd put the rock from your nano in there now, then wait a week and retest to see what your water parameters look like.

I'm about to start at 20L AIO also so I'll be tagging along and watching your progress. I'll be running a Tunze 9002 skimmer in the first chamber and am debating whether to go with 3 chambers and making a mini fuge in the 2nd chamber. It's such a small area to work with so I figured I could always make an AC 110 HOB fuge and add that on later which would likely give me more fuge volume. Anyway, looks great and you're off to a good start!

Assuming that the LR you bought from the established tank was up and running and submerged when your transported it home, don't see why there would be a cycle. Cycles are a result of die off of organic matter so if you're reasonably sure that the rocks weren't exposed to air for an extended period of time, I don't see why you couldn't throw the rock from your nano in there. Your water parameters look good but it couldn't hurt to take some more time and make sure your nitrates are consistently off the charts. That being said, I'd put the rock from your nano in there now, then wait a week and retest to see what your water parameters look like.

I'm about to start at 20L AIO also so I'll be tagging along and watching your progress. I'll be running a Tunze 9002 skimmer in the first chamber and am debating whether to go with 3 chambers and making a mini fuge in the 2nd chamber. It's such a small area to work with so I figured I could always make an AC 110 HOB fuge and add that on later which would likely give me more fuge volume. Anyway, looks great and you're off to a good start!

I just got the tunze 9002 from the NR Group buy, Yes it is a small area to work and I probably will run my ac50 fuge on this tank because i am breaking down the 5g Nano. (maybe)

I dont want to transfer the corals yet, I mine as well wait till i have the skimmer.... Yea i made sure the rock was submerged the whole way home and it was really never out of water for more the a few seconds so it should be fine , no die off.... I will transfer my Yuma and see how it does. and if it lasts a bit i will transfer a bit more.... and so forth...

I Used black tinted acrylic from ebay and it was really easy to do this AIO and very fun i should add too.... Very rewarding....

K Well I feel Its tome For a CUC, I have transferred 2 Margarita Snails, and one Blue leg Hermit....

Would Anyone Chime in on what else i should add?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived