Cultivated Reef

Scalowag's 25 G Tall - Couple growth pics added

scalowag

Equipment:

25 Gal Tall (12 x 24 x 21)

4 x 24W T5 (96W - TEK spin-off from Hello-Lights with 2 x Aquablue +, 1 Fiji Purple, 1 Super Actinic )

AquaClear 70 with carbon only

75 Watt Stealth Heater

2 x Koralia nanos

Livestock:

Lyretail Damsels

Blue Hermit Crabs

Bazillion bristle worms

Few snails

Coral:

Montipora

Zoanthid

Xenia

Candy Cane

Brain

Palythoa

Ricordea Florida

Mushroom

Frogspawn

Tube

Future Plans:

Install sump

Get a bigger tank

DIY supplemental LED lighting

Get a bigger tank

DIY moonlights

Get a bigger tank

Reef keeper lite

TDS 07-23-2010

IMG_9344.JPG

FTS 12-13-2009

4181544471_8350bba6e6_o.jpg

Thanks guys! I redid the aquascape several times. This was the setup I wanted originally but I had too many big pieces of rock. My ideal setup would be like seedemtails' tank. More pics coming up soon.

Some more pics

Overkill Stand

Yellow Coral Banded Shrimp (aka Shelly)

Peppermint Shrimp

This tank iz OFF THA CHAIN dawg!!!!!!!

Definitely one of the best i've seen on this site.... I hope I can get mine to look 1/2 as tight when I get it up and running!

Any advice for an amatuer like myself?

i have an extremely similar setup (20 gallon with a false perc, blue damsel, and coral banded shrimp) and I'm just letting you know that the coral banded will probably pwn those other shrimp once he crowns him self king of the tank. my coral banded has molted three times and tried to attach my clownfish and my hand!

i have an extremely similar setup (20 gallon with a false perc, blue damsel, and coral banded shrimp) and I'm just letting you know that the coral banded will probably pwn those other shrimp once he crowns him self king of the tank. my coral banded has molted three times and tried to attach my clownfish and my hand!

What are the chances of that lol. I recently got some new fish and moved the damsels to my 10G because as expected they weren't cool with the new guys. Luckily for the other shrimp they live on the right side of the tank and the coral banded lives on the left side. Come to think of it there's a border that they really do not cross hahaha.

This tank iz OFF THA CHAIN dawg!!!!!!!

Definitely one of the best i've seen on this site.... I hope I can get mine to look 1/2 as tight when I get it up and running!

Any advice for an amatuer like myself?

Haha. Thanks drizz12. What size tank do you have in mind? I could give you a few pointers when you're ready to get started. For starters one point that cannot be stressed enough is patience. I sound lame saying it but it is a fact :).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I really, really like that rockscape in your first pic. It makes me wish I had some better pieces of rock so I could try something like that.

Thanks ryno. It took me a long while to get the scape to look good. I've recently added a few more pieces of rock and now it has an M shape to it. I'll upload a current FTS tomorrow morning - camera battery is charging :).

• 2 months later...

O man, seems like you have a Xenia problem? lol. I would yank that stuff.

Nice macro shots of the rics btw. Do you plan on getting any more fish?

Archived