Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RSM Fans

bluesky

Since there are topics about RSM fuge, lights, skimmer etc ... I thought I start one for the fans as well. Those fans are super noisy after running them for a while. I just wonder if our fellow reefers have added or replaced fans before? If so, can you share your experience?

I can't seem to find it ... what is the specs for the out of box fan? I have to replace it because it is sooooo .... noisy ...

click on my thread index link above my signature picture

there you will find the link to my walkthrough on replacing the stock fans

here is the contact info for Pinky. Tell her your problme and they will send out replacements ASAP at no charge. They are much quiter and run cooler

Pinky Bulot

U.S.A. Office:

Red Sea

18125 Ammi Trail

Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205

Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

redseainfo@redseafish.com

click on my thread index link above my signature picture

there you will find the link to my walkthrough on replacing the stock fans

here is the contact info for Pinky. Tell her your problme and they will send out replacements ASAP at no charge. They are much quiter and run cooler

Pinky Bulot

U.S.A. Office:

Red Sea

18125 Ammi Trail

Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205

Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

redseainfo@redseafish.com

Amazing thread ... that will be my go to page for all RSM issues (bookmarked!!) I contacted her ... she said the fans are on backorder and its $10 a piece. She suggested I go to walmart or hardware store to get it ... so no luck on that front.

I am not a DIY type of guy that knows how to deal with electronics ... I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) The fan that pinky sends you, does it have the blue transparent plug attached?

2) does it have 2 fans inside the hood to start off with or u added one.

3) do you know the specs of the stock fans so I can get the right ones ...

she told you that?? She gave them to me for free because the orginal ones were making such a bad noise. They were sent out within a week. I would try her again and explain that the factory ones failed and you would like a warranty claim on them. Anything less is just BS in my mind.

The factory hood comes with two fans by the lights. There is a thrid fan that comes with the tank and goes in the back. I jumped the voltage on that fan from 7V to 9V to make it spin faster and cool better

The fans they send out come with standard red and black wirring, positive and negative. I didn't run the wires back to the main transformer, i just cut and crimped them in to the existing wirring from the old fans. It was much easier and faster.

I will look back and see if I have the specs, but pinky can provide that as well. get the fans from her for free first, there is no reason why your factory fans should fail and they not cover the expense.

she told you that?? She gave them to me for free because the orginal ones were making such a bad noise. They were sent out within a week. I would try her again and explain that the factory ones failed and you would like a warranty claim on them. Anything less is just BS in my mind.

The factory hood comes with two fans by the lights. There is a thrid fan that comes with the tank and goes in the back. I jumped the voltage on that fan from 7V to 9V to make it spin faster and cool better

The fans they send out come with standard red and black wirring, positive and negative. I didn't run the wires back to the main transformer, i just cut and crimped them in to the existing wirring from the old fans. It was much easier and faster.

I will look back and see if I have the specs, but pinky can provide that as well. get the fans from her for free first, there is no reason why your factory fans should fail and they not cover the expense.

Thank you Stevie. I told her the same problem that you have ... super noisy fan ... she said they are out and its $10 ... oh well ... now we know she treats you better than me ... :lol:

They are out of everything, I need new bulbs and they are out of stock. That is just BS!!!! rrrrr :angry:

$10 for what? I don't get it, it is their problem for putting crappy fans in the tank. How long have you had it? Mine failed 1.5 months in to getting the tank. I suppose all the pictures and vidoe of them making a terrible noise didn't hurt ;)

They are out of everything, I need new bulbs and they are out of stock. That is just BS!!!! rrrrr :angry:

$10 for what? I don't get it, it is their problem for putting crappy fans in the tank. How long have you had it? Mine failed 1.5 months in to getting the tank. I suppose all the pictures and vidoe of them making a terrible noise didn't hurt ;)

I guess business is good for them ... the issue with AIO tank is you have to rely on one vendor ... $10 for a fan. So $20 for 2. I had my tank for a while already. But still less than a year ... I don't mind paying for the fan if they have it ... yeah I am still waiting for my bulbs ... looks like drs have it on 4/25. I will order later today. got to get like 4 just to stock up ...

I wish they can come up with the RSM2 with all our feedback at the forums ... their tank will be much better that way ...

thanks for the info, i am going to order some from them today then. I am due for a change, I can tell from the algae growth on the glass and rocks.

$20 isn't too bad. The newer ones are much improved. I am still mad about them not providing them to you, it might have to do something with your serial number.

thanks for the info, i am going to order some from them today then. I am due for a change, I can tell from the algae growth on the glass and rocks.

$20 isn't too bad. The newer ones are much improved. I am still mad about them not providing them to you, it might have to do something with your serial number.

I never sent them my serial number. I just sent the email requesting for a replacement fan because its too loud. Anyways ... they don't even have it if I wanted to buy ... so ... too bad for me ...

tundra420619
I never sent them my serial number. I just sent the email requesting for a replacement fan because its too loud. Anyways ... they don't even have it if I wanted to buy ... so ... too bad for me ...

Pinky gave me the same BS.send her a copy of your receipt and she has to give you replacements if they are faulty.the installation is super easy i have the power point walkthrough if you need it.

What size are the fans, Im thinking of installing hi-flow computer fans instead.

Pinky gave me the specs:

50 x 50 x 15, 12vdc, 4500 rpm gives sufficient airflow and is quieter than higher speed models. I believe you have to get the 2 wire (red and black) based on the installation instructions.

Can you let us know what fan you found that fits into this category? I am going to wait for RedSea to stock the fans and get it from them ...

Pinky is going to send me the replacement fans ... just got confirmation today :)

FOWLRmuffin

rsm2 would be awesome lol, then id actually consider it. right now im waiting for the god of all in one tank releases from none other than elos. I've read that they are going to unveil a nano all in one tank at interzoo in germany. interzoo is happening on 05-22 of this month. If it looks good ill snatching one asap

I finally replaced my old fans with the new RedSea Max fans ... they are super quiet. No more F-18 jets flying around my house ...

Pinky's shipping is fast :)

Pinky's shipping is fast :)

Good to know. My dealer is out of stock as is his distributor so we won't get ours until someone in Texas ships it to someone in Illinois.

<sigh>

At least it will be the latest and greatest model.

I wonder if it will include a skimmer upgrade? ;)

-hank

skimmer upgrade? is there one? you not talking about the one with holes drilled on the collection cup cover right?

skimmer upgrade? is there one?

No. Substituting the Tunze 9002.

OK! just kidding!!!

One could hope. ;)

No more F-18 jets flying around my house ...

haha, nice description because that is exactly how they sound when they go bad! B)

Archived