Pod Your Reef

Whoa! I finally got my uglies accepted by Zoa ID!

mvite

Hey--how cool! Even though they are one of the most drab and ugly zoas I've ever seen---Zoaid.com accepted the PPFU!

8.jpg

ppfu1.jpg

Now that I look at the pics on zoaid---I feel even worse because they are so ugly!

Pleasantly Plump Fat & Ugly!!

The thing that thrills me is that I get to say PPFU to the whole reef world as they browse zoas!!!!

Congrats M, now send me some.
I got some--I will! They grow pretty prolificly for me.
nice - I was so excited when my zoas were posted up on zoaid too :P
I know--I'm like ready to cut out the page and send it to my grandma!

M, I need another frag of those from you too. PM sent :D I can't remember the last time they looked ugly in my tank. Must be your water or something :P

pes1.jpg

M, I need another frag of those from you too. PM sent :D I can't remember the last time they looked ugly in my tank. Must be your water or something :P

pes1.jpg

Yo Vinny! PM replied!

I can't believe how great they look in your tank. I gotta get them into different light!!

Thanks guys!

For me it was the cool uniqueness of them. But to me they photograph better than they look in person.

Kigs' pics are the best I have seen of them.

I really am geeked about it. They have been something that I have been "playing with" in the true sense of the words. I've tried high light, low-light, no light, current, strong current, nudibranchs (that wasn't intentional), salinity dips, etc---and they seem to thrive with the more neglect they get!!

I will take some more pics and post em.

Thanks for lookin at em!

• 1 year later...
What is PPFU Stands for ?

you realize that this is 2 years old, right? and it's listed above-

Hey--how cool! Even though they are one of the most drab and ugly zoas I've ever seen---Zoaid.com accepted the PPFU!

8.jpg

ppfu1.jpg

Now that I look at the pics on zoaid---I feel even worse because they are so ugly!

Pleasantly Plump Fat & Ugly!!

The thing that thrills me is that I get to say PPFU to the whole reef world as they browse zoas!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The Propagator

I've been at it for years and years now and I don't understand it. so you got one on me.

Its pretty much a self inflicted wallet rape when you name a coral.

• 1 month later...

I have one on the way of being named (so i think) but they did email me back today and let me know that they need a flash photo. So i sent them 3. Crossing my fingers.

• 3 weeks later...

name it something cool so it sounds super rare and fetches you big duckets. I wanted to name a coral the Ultimate Tyree LE. I think that would be a good name...:)

Archived