SaltCritters.com

Coralife Super Skimmer Air intake silencer

oceanhighz

Does anyone know of a way to make a silencer for a coralife super skimmer? I bought one used and the person forgot to include that with the skimmer, and I don't feel like hastling with that person anymore. It's kind of annoying and I won't be able to sleep with it running without some type of noise dampener, so someone please try to help me.

Thanks

Brandon

ReefApprentice

I just turn mine off at night. Its all good! I am sure you can buy one on Marinedepot or from coralife.

The air silencers on those skimmers is nothing high tech. Its merely a hollow plastic tube with two nipples to attach air line to. One could eaily fashion such a device from a piece of pvc pipe and two caps. YU can but a length of ridgid air line tube for under a buck at most lfs or even a cheap air line valve and glue it in the one cap. The cap needs two holes and two nipples (really only one nipple is needed and thats for the air line attachment, the other hole can be just that a hole. Yu can even use an empty medicine bottle with 2 holes poked in the lid, and the plastic lid will grip the air line just fine without any nipple. They certainly are not rocket siciene.

Yeah, I used to use an old Salifert sample container, the ones that come with the lid, for the kH tests. Just make a large hole in the lid, to slip the airline through it and make another hole in the lid for the intake.

Archived