Innovative Marine Aquariums

Show me some ways to hide equipments

cheng

Hi everyone, i am new to this nano tank hobby. i am planning for a nano cube tank of maybe 18"x18"x18". However, i would like to make this a 360 viewable tank. anyone can guide me as to how i should drill my tank at the bottom so that i can have all my filtration in the bottom cabinet? also need help as to how to direct my output from the return pump so that i get effective water movement?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

if you want the aquarium viewable from 4 side with no equipment in the picture. the easiest way i can see it being done, is to drill 2 holes in the bottom /center of the aquarium. add bulkheads, a standpipe/drain

stockman-1.jpg

a return pipe (pvc-as tall as the aquarium)

you could stack lr to hide the pluming from 4 sides, or you could simply drill 2 holes into a large piece of live rock, and slide it over the plumbing.

boththe standpipe and the drain would go to a sump. basicly you'd pump the water from the bottom aquarium via the return in the center of the display. it would overflow and fall back down the standpipe.

the reason for the standpipe and return being as tall as the aquarium is to avoid the top tank draining into the sump in the event of a power outage.

you could avoid the standpipe etc all together but it would require check valves and some calculated plumbing

Great looking design!

I would be concerned about having any fish in there though as they would constantly end up in the bottom.

Evaporation must be a killer too.

wombat also has a low-visible equipment nano. he also pipes it thru the middle but really tries to camouflage it.

he's also the mod on the nano forum on rdo and probably has more shots of his tank on there.

Check out my 18x18x18 inch cube, which is viewable from all four sides and you can't see ANY equipment. Links in my signature.

FTS.jpg

• 1 month later...
this aquarium pumps water up through the center of the aquarium and the entire tank overflows

Clam20Tank8_120603_s.jpg

That is a pretty cool tank. Any links to more pictures and build up?

Archived