Coral Vue Hydros

Bio cube barrier

goin_all_out

goin_all_out

hey folks, any ideas for making a barrier to stop fish from jumping into the back filtration department?

iv looked at steveT's barrier but i live in canada and $20 for shipping on a $14 piece is not financially there for me. (nothing against you steve, just an issue with living in canada)

The_Yellow_Pony

pvc pipe...notched part way to sit over the edge...

PVC +dremel = DIY fishguard.

I am not taking credit. I saw this idea in another thread.

Edit:

It was SpankythePyro's thread.

I have a BC29 and my maroon clown would get in the back chambers all the time...I used leaf gutter guard, you can get it at Home Depot or another home improvement store, its plastic and can be cut to fit your tank. there is even a slit for it to slide over dividing wall.

I have a BC29 and my maroon clown would get in the back chambers all the time...I used leaf gutter guard, you can get it at Home Depot or another home improvement store, its plastic and can be cut to fit your tank. there is even a slit for it to slide over dividing wall.

gutter guard for sure...

Got a 2ft piece of gutter guard for 99 cents cut it down a little bit and snapped it on to the baffle wall.

what it looks like from the store

gutterguard002.jpg

I just used cooking shears and cut it along the bottom row of diamonds. I did it in two pieces, one acroos the majority of the wall and then a small piece over the grill since it was slightly higher

gutterguard001.jpg

The wall is a little wide across so it takes a little finessing to get it to snap into place. But once it is in it is solid

I got mine at Home Depot in the roofing section near the gutter supplies. Brown or white were the only two colors but it is not even visible from the tank.

^ gutter guard

Eggcrate

other plastics

I understand the costs. I do ship a lot of fish savers by themselves to Canadia. Then there are those that add in the media basket etc since from there every extra pound isn't that much in shipping cost. USPS is the cheapest at $20 for one pound, I really wish I could get that lower, I have tried. :(

goin_all_out
^ gutter guard

Eggcrate

other plastics

I understand the costs. I do ship a lot of fish savers by themselves to Canadia. Then there are those that add in the media basket etc since from there every extra pound isn't that much in shipping cost. USPS is the cheapest at $20 for one pound, I really wish I could get that lower, I have tried. :(

the meadia baskets have crossed my mind, i just dont have the cash. hence why the system is bone stock so far.

Archived