Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquaclear AC110 Magnetic Surface Skimmer - No More Surface Scum!

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

I'm excited to bringing you Oceanbox Designs™ Aquaclear AC110 Magnetic Surface Skimmer. This accessory is not optional, it is essential to removing surface scum that keep the water surface of your reef tank clean and stay clear.

Here is a demo video of the AC70 version:

Oceanbox Designs™ Magnetic Surface Skimmer for Aquaclear™ AC110 HOB filter allows surface scum to be removed via surface skimming and also hide the filter intake which is usually sore eyes in your beautiful reef tank. Our innovative Embedded Magnetic Mount System™ are 100% waterproof and rust-proof on both tank side (wet) and dry side. The enclosed super strong magnets ensure that the Surface Skimmer hold securely in place once set. Now we can take HOB filtration to the next level, keep your tank clean and your salt critters happy.

The Aquaclear filter and Oceanbox Designs™ Magnetic Mount Surface Skimmer combo is great way to quickly set up a small pico/nano reef or a frag tank for which the setup can be easily put together and taken apart at will for frag swap, show, etc. Other viable setup including QT or hospital tanks are also great options to consider.

Product Details: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/aquaclear-ac110-surface-skimmer/

Features:

• Remove Surface Scum (Organic Residue/Oil) via Surface Skimming.
  • Strong Magnetic Mount, Quick to Install and Remove for Cleaning.
  • Hide Filter Intake Tube From View.
  • Wire Slot For Temperature Probe Wire.
  • Adjustable Height To Fine Tune Overflow Level.
  • Premium Craftsmanship Featured CNC Laser Cuts Technology.
  • 100% Waterproof Magnets (Wet Side and Outside).

Filter Compatibility:

• Aquaclear AC110

Tank Compatibility:

• Rimmed Or Rimless Tanks
  • Magnets Hold Through Glass Thickness: <=6mm (1/4in)

Tank Setup Options:

• Pico/Nano Reef
  • Frag Tanks
  • Quarantine/Hospital Tanks

Proudly Made in The Great State of Texas, USA.

25724051614_4e3becdb8a_c.jpg

26302957286_c82a32a726_c.jpg

25724051584_bd7c9a593a_c.jpg

26056045340_5394c62bc0_c.jpg

26302957366_01d1242c9c_c.jpg

Oceanbox Designs

A few more setup shots. As you can see, my design is sleek yet still compact and fit just right. It doesn't take up a lot of your tank space yet still allowing surface scum to be pulled in just at the perfect level, which is adjustable by moving the box up and down to fine tune the overflow level.

25768909953_567ca18405_c.jpg

26345727556_b814f82ab6_c.jpg

That is awesome , I always had trouble with the angled section when I tried to make my own. I eventually gave up and broke out the drill.

Nice work .

Oceanbox Designs

That is awesome , I always had trouble with the angled section when I tried to make my own. I eventually gave up and broke out the drill.

Nice work .

Thank you! The v grove is the most difficult part of the design, it has to be exactly at the right angle for this to fit perfectly as well as the spacing from front to back. I have gone through multiple prototypes to ensure perfect alignment before the production version, which is why it took me a while to get it out, I didn't want to rush it out just to be able to make some quick sales. I'd only offer a solid design that has been fully tested so I'd not have to go back to the drawing board later and I'd prefer only positive feedbacks :)

Oceanbox Designs

Where does one put an ATO with surface skimmers? In the display still?

Adding a small ATO system such as the Smart ATO Micro is possible within the box but im not sure if the strong overflow would have any negative affect on the sensor. If someone can verify this, I'd love to know. However including extra space for an ATO system that uses a large sensor or float switch isn't the main function of this surface skimmer and in order to keep the design compact and low profile.

Oceanbox Designs

For those of you who's not running an Auto-Top-Off system or manually topping off evaporated water. New units are now being shipped with a hole on the bottom, this will temporarily keep the filter from running completely dry and start making loud gurgling noise which will alarm you it's time to top off the tank.

Remember it is not suppose to be running this way and ideally you would want to top off your tank one way or another to keep the water parameter stable in order to keep your corals and fishes in good health, however this will give you a bit of overhead if you forgot to top off or if the ATO is malfunction.

Archived