July 31, 2016

image_63.jpeg

June 27, 2016

image_53.jpeg

May 31, 2016

image_47.jpeg

April 22,2016

image_34.jpeg

Gonna start a fun thread tomorrow when I wake up. In the mean time. Check out the first video I've ever made of my tank. Pretty cool I think. I also produced the beat that's playing in the background. Let me know what you think :)

• Like 9

Hell yeah, that beat could be used again, made me ask what's next. Like I was reading the opening sentence of a good book.

Haha Thanks man! I was looking for more input on the video but there will be more videos with more of my music so stay tuned. Ill post tank specs and plans tomorrow. Really excited to get input and learn some things along the way.

• Like 1

Well today I added a few more pounds of rock and some blue mushrooms to even things out. Mushrooms and Euphyllia should make a cool tank.

Heres the latest FTS

image_1.jpeg

Try to ignore the 20" T5 fixture. Just ordered an AI prime. Will eventually be running 2 x Prime. Let me know what you think of the scape!

• Like 4

Mushrooms are so under-rated so I think that is a great idea. Waving tentacles are so soothing and euphillia should be very compatible with the shrooms since both appreciate some nutrients.

Your scape is nice.

Okay folks. Now that I've got a few minutes to myself i'll tell you about the tank and what I have planned for it.

Up until a week ago it was a 16g reef. Found a brand new 29 gallon for a good price so I jumped on it. In my excitement I set up the tank and forgot to paint the background. Now that it's running the background is clear and I kind of like it.

Current Hardware:

Standard 29g

6 x t5HO fixture.

(upgraded to)2 x AI Prime

Tunze Nanostream 6040 ( Love this powerhead)

Koralia nano

AC30 running floss and chemi pure blue

Eshopps PF-300 Overflow

Sicce Syncra 2.0 Return Pump

10g DIY Sump

Future hardware plans include AI Primes, and adding an eshopps nano cube refugium.

Current Livestock

Pair of Percula Clowns

Scooter Blenny (eats like a pig)

Yellow Clown Goby (RIP)

Coral Beauty Angel (RIP Stanley) :(

Emerald Crab

Porcelain Crab

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Feather Duster

Flagtail Shrimp Goby (added April 12,2016)

Randalls Pistol Shrimp (added April 12,2016)

Few hermits, few trochus, few nassarius, few Ninja star snails

Corals: Going to be euphyllia dominated

Green and purple hammer

Blue tip hammer (added march15,2016)

Green and purple frogspawn (added march15,2016)

Orange/Gold Hammer

Green tip (octospawn)

"Golden" Torch (added may15,2016)

Brown and purple frogspawn

Red Zoas (added may,15,2016)

Aussie Alveopora frag (added may15,2016)

Pulsing Xenia

Hairy mushrooms

Ricordea Florida (added march15,2016) 2 Kinds

Blue mushrooms

GSP

Small green zoa frag

Orange zoa frag

Pink zoa frag

Blue/yellow zoas

Thanks for looking!

• Like 2

Found some of my first hitchhikers today. Some tiny little asterina starfish. At least thats what I think they are.

image_2.jpeg

• Like 1

Anybody have trouble with yellow clown gobies not eating? Ive had this guy for four days and I havent seen him touch anything. Ive tried brine, misis, flake, pellet. Worried about it starving off....

081.jpg

Quick update although I feel as though im talking to myself. Clown goby still not eating. When food goes in he gets excited and swims around but havent seem him take a bite. Noticing some growth on euphyllia. Mushrooms arent doing too much.

Also, heres a video of my tunze nanostream 6040 making a standing wave. Also another beat I made playing in the background. Ill tell you I love this wavemaker. Best powerhead i've ever owned.

• Like 4

Awesome set up and awesome tank! Also, awesome video and beat!

I had a YCG for a while, (RIP table surfer) and he was picky when he first went in. He ended up loving Formula One and absolutely went nuts over Coral Smoothie. I turned off all flow and let the food sit suspended, after it tasted something it liked, it was all over. I also would put the food in and walk away for a minute. They seem to not mind outside motion so long as there is flow, but once the flow stops they can be skittish. Once mine knew it could eat AND not get eaten, it was a voracious feeder.

Cencalfishguy56

Okay folks. Now that I've got a few minutes to myself i'll tell you about the tank and what I have planned for it.

Up until a week ago it was a 16g reef. Found a brand new 29 gallon for a good price so I jumped on it. In my excitement I set up the tank and forgot to paint the background. Now that it's running the background is clear and I kind of like it.

Current Hardware:

Standard 29g

6 x t5HO fixture. Will be soon upgraded to 2 x AI Prime

Tunze Nanostream 6040 ( Love this powerhead)

Koralia nano

AC30 running floss and chemi pure blue

Future hardware plans include AI Primes, and adding an eshopps nano cube refugium.

Current Livestock

Pair of Percula Clowns

Scooter Blenny (eats like a pig)

Yellow Clown Goby

Coral Beauty Angel

Emeral Crab

Porcelain Crab

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Feather Duster

Few hermits, few trochus, few nassarius, few Ninja star snails

Corals: Going to be euphyllia dominated

Green and purple hammer

Green tip (octospawn)

Brown and purple frogspawn

Pulsing Xenia

Hairy mushrooms

Blue mushrooms

Small GSP frag

Small green zoa frag

Not going to be adding any more fish or inverts. Maybe a few sexy shrimp.

Going to add one or two more euphyllia and a few more mushrooms frags. Thats about it.

Thanks for looking!

I'm doing a 20L euphyllia dominated! Interested to see how yours turns out!

Awesome set up and awesome tank! Also, awesome video and beat!

I had a YCG for a while, (RIP table surfer) and he was picky when he first went in. He ended up loving Formula One and absolutely went nuts over Coral Smoothie. I turned off all flow and let the food sit suspended, after it tasted something it liked, it was all over. I also would put the food in and walk away for a minute. They seem to not mind outside motion so long as there is flow, but once the flow stops they can be skittish. Once mine knew it could eat AND not get eaten, it was a voracious feeder.

Thanks for the advice. The tunze 6040 has a feed timer so ive been using it. Works great. Seems like it really wants to eat. Just a matter of time. Ive got some formula one ill drop in tomorrow.

I'm doing a 20L euphyllia dominated! Interested to see how yours turns out!

Love euphyllia. The way they move is so soothing. Gonna add a few more and just let it grow out so keep an eye out for growth pics. Thanks for following along.

If you can get some live brine shrimp too that might just kick start the ycg into eating. That has worked on a number of fish I had trouble with.

• Like 1
Markburns43

I love it, it's like all the coral are bobbin to beat, question, I'm just assuming you shoot the video first then get inspiration to make a new beat?

• Like 1

If you can get some live brine shrimp too that might just kick start the ycg into eating. That has worked on a number of fish I had trouble with.

Ill give it a try. Thanks!

I love it, it's like all the coral are bobbin to beat, question, I'm just assuming you shoot the video first then get inspiration to make a new beat?

Nope. I just picked one I liked that fit the video. Nothing technical here. Just point and shoot with my iphone and pick something I made. I should try to make the beat after next time.

Well a trip to the LFS and i picked up 1/2 of my new AI prime lights. Post a video update later tonight. Too excited now .

image_4.jpeg

• Like 4

Well this new light is pretty damn sweet. Doesn't quite cover the whole tank so I most definitely have to run a second one. First off the initial setup was a breeze. Mount it, plug it in, download the app and away you go. The disco shimmer effect is super cool, my corals pop a lot more, and it is much much much quieter than my noisy god damn t5. Overall I am super excited and happy with it so far. Made a quick video. Quality seems to be off for some reason but it looks pretty darn cool

Thanks for watching!

• Like 3

Well the mushrooms seem to loooove this light. Bigger than they've ever been. Euphyllia not so much. Frogspawn is nice and puffy but hammer and octospawn aren't as big as usual. I have the light on acclimation mode for a week so its running at 55% less. Wondering if they need more light. Time will tell.

Cheers

Light acclimation is over in a few days. Since ive been raising it the corals have been more and more happy. Have yet to see the goby eat anything but hes still alive and kicking. Leads me to believe hes eating at night possibly. Off to the LFS in an hour. Will take some pics when I get home. Hoping to pick up a torch today.

• Like 1

Well any day you get new stuff for the aquarium is a good day. Today is a great day. As usual here is a short video of some of the stuff I picked up. Hard to get true color representation with my iphone but it looks cool. Gonna take some photos and post them in a few minutes. Thanks for watching.

• Like 3