SaltCritters.com

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

Thank you! :) The sump is working very well I can't ask for more, you do a quality work with these sump kits.

Name to the prev. post:

01. ORA Pink & Green Pocillopora.
02. Red Planet Acropora.
03. Rusty Pink Millepora.
04. Peppermint Tenuis.
05. Teal Green Tenuis.
06. JF Garretts Exquisita ver2.
07. Glowing Fingers Bridsnest.
08. Green With Purple Polyp Birdnest.
09. Forest Fire Digi.
10. Red Dragon.
  • Like 2
Oceanbox Designs

Thank you! :) The sump is working very well I can't ask for more, you do a quality work with these sump kits.

Thanks! I really appreciate it and glad to be a part of your build. I sure love all of your progress pics, do you mind if I share them?

• Like 1
flatlandreefer

Cool tank! I almost went with a custom built tank with the exact dimensions that you have. I was also going to use an ATI sunpower. I decided to go with a IM 25 because it was a lot cheaper for my first tank. Love the tank and am following along!!!

• Like 1

Cool tank! I almost went with a custom built tank with the exact dimensions that you have. I was also going to use an ATI sunpower. I decided to go with a IM 25 because it was a lot cheaper for my first tank. Love the tank and am following along!!!

Thanks! IM 25 is a very cool tank as well I was looking at shallow Deepblue and IM as well. ;)

October 2016 tank views: Tank is one week old, cyano is growing on the new sand and new dry rocks only but very active ... Tomorrow first water change hehehe ....

Tank_October_2016_F.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_October_2016_L.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_October_2016_R.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 4

Random shots:

Corals_010.jpg?format=1500w

Corals_011.jpg?format=1500w

Yellow sponges growing faster and faster on the rocks. I can't see any issue with it at this moment, but I have noticed that they can dominate zoas and zoas don't really like to grow inside a sponge. This could be a potential problem in future if they grow too fast.

Sponge_001.jpg?format=1500w

Sponge_002.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

Great tank and photos! Following along.

May I ask what your camera/lense setup is?

Thanks. ;)

Sure it's a Canon 5D MIII with Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM

NO3: 4.0

PO4: 0.0

Alkalinity: 7.0

Much less cyano after the first water change and siphoning the sand bed. Large system after an AIO 20g is like an automatic transmission after a manual one.

:lol:

Switched to that bulbs combo and I like it. It's only one additional Blue+ at the place of the Coral+ but I like the blue look much better now. Looks like the cyano is going away on the new rocks slowly but steady also. Started to dose Pohl's Xtra Special 2ml twice a week and the system is dealing pretty fast with NO3, will probably add the last step, which is Coral Vitalizer, in two weeks if NO3 will stay stable low during the next 14 days.

;)

ATI_Bulbs.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_008.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_009.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_010.jpg?format=2500w

Tank_011.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 3
flatlandreefer

I'm very happy with the last addition ! 6 Blue/Green Reef Chromis and they're awesome, really like them hehehe .... :

Fish_001.jpg?format=1500w

I'm sure those look really good in your tank! I am curious how they will pan out in the long run, hopefully they play nice!

• Like 1

I'm sure those look really good in your tank! I am curious how they will pan out in the long run, hopefully they play nice!

I hope so as well at this moment they're very cool. ;)

Chromis are a great schooling fish, I hope they last for you. They are notorious for picking on each other.

Hmmmm .... one down. Only 5 left. I'm not sure why.

Aqua Lab Aquaria

So wait, you got the the tank through ALA but the tank was actually made by CD? I know CD very well as they are local to me. I thought ALA did their tanks in house?

Alexey, the tank is looking beautiful!

Just to clear things up, our Aquacosm series are import tanks that we have vetted for quality and think are an excellent value. At this time we sub-contract our custom aquariums but rest assured we are hard at work with R&D and plan to offer our own tanks, built from the ground up, in the next year or so.

Thanks for your support!

Best

Kent

• Like 1