jbb

Should we Change the Entry Date ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like ?

• Move to Friday Nov 13, 2015
    • Move to Friday Nov 20, 2015
    • Leave as is at Sun Nov 22,2015

Mrs Jacks new favorite!

Sounds great.......gonna try it for Friday night and report back.

Thanks!

Uh ha......blame it on the wife.

I figured your choice of booze would have been tequila. ...you being mexican and all.

No i am strictly tequila and beer. Apparently the wife is a closet vodka drinker.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to need an extra 100 posts to make up for that nonsense.

make sure to feed him algae wafers. He'll live to get huge. My plecostamus I had was about 1.5 feet long and could barely turn around. I needed two nets and a tub and donated him to my LFS. I also put in driftwood that he would gladly munch on and it looked cool. Before I purposely was target feeding, I would always lose them in a couple months. Just my experience. Thought I'd share. My fresh tank crashed in the move and I haven't put it back up yet. Sorry I meant to quote dandilion ?

That honey bourbon sounds delightful, would it taste good if done with cognac?

Don't see why not. I like cognac. Make some and invite me over to test it out.

It's supposed to be a bristle nose, but I think the store gave me a common pleco instead. I've had him for maybe a couple months now but I have not noticed any growth, so I don't know. I have been feeding him a small piece of zucchini every week, though my guppies like to pick on the zucchini too.

IMHO the fun of freshwater tank is to see live bearers give birth. It's satisfying to see babies grow into adults and make more babies. :)

make sure to feed him algae wafers. He'll live to get huge. My plecostamus I had was about 1.5 feet long and could barely turn around. I needed two nets and a tub and donated him to my LFS. I also put in driftwood that he would gladly munch on and it looked cool. Before I purposely was target feeding, I would always lose them in a couple months. Just my experience. Thought I'd share. My fresh tank crashed in the move and I haven't put it back up yet. Sorry I meant to quote dandilion

Btw I have been thinking about a DIY Julian's thing. I have access to syringes that fits airline tubing snuggly. That plus some rigid airline tubes and it becomes a ghetto Julian's thing. Let me make a post on it later.

WISHLIST!
Surprise me,
Seachem prime,
Selcon,
Hikari food,
Two little fishies Julian's thing,
Reef chili,
BRS DIY kalk dripper kit.

It's supposed to be a bristle nose, but I think the store gave me a common pleco instead. I've had him for maybe a couple months now but I have not noticed any growth, so I don't know.

Looks like a rubberlip

I'm a total serial fishnapper, catnapper, drone napper (Harry beware), dognapper, coralnapper. I'd like to nap a few people too. For example Rehype so i can always have awesome photos. Benny so i can always learn something new, Mirya just because shes awesome, 12EggOmlette because he is a walking boot camp, Dave Fason because lights, or maybe because food, I can't decide. You see.

Awe. :wub:

I bet whiskey would be a good reason to kidnap Dave as well.

image_zpsqhngrulb.jpeg

I love how Misu looks so smug. Cat's are so good at pulling off that "I'm ####### awesome and I know it" look.

My Wish List:

sharkslaser.jpg

This wins for best wish list item!

Hey dude he's one of the best cleanup crew you can ever get!

Someone needs to genetically engineer a saltwater-tolerant Pleco.

She's very timid too. Wish I have a picture of her with ears bending back and eye all round and big begging for mercy when she thought I was chasing her down.

I love how Misu looks so smug. Cat's are so good at pulling off that "I'm ####### awesome and I know it" look.

Someone needs to genetically engineer a saltwater-tolerant Pleco.

Ok Here is my wish list:

Two little fishes nanomag

TOM aqua lifter with pump holder

Tunze care nano magnet

300W+ Power inverter (Need a power outage plan. Theres a Bestek 400W on Amazon for $35. I know its out of the price range but I can get a GC so I can pay the difference. :)

Amazon gift card

Starbucks gift card

Coral frags Zoa, ricordea, daisy polyps, sympodium (please send this as late as you can if you're giving me live stock. I'm still cycling my Pico :)

It's supposed to be a bristle nose, but I think the store gave me a common pleco instead. I've had him for maybe a couple months now but I have not noticed any growth, so I don't know. I have been feeding him a small piece of zucchini every week, though my guppies like to pick on the zucchini too.

IMHO the fun of freshwater tank is to see live bearers give birth. It's satisfying to see babies grow into adults and make more babies. :)

yeah I think you've got a common plecostamus ? blanched zucchini is very good for them. Hikari algae wafers are awesom. Your guppies might like them too. I love the beautiful colors on the guppies and the babies are so fun. You can even feed those wafers to marine fish. I fed them to my flame angel RIP. I had Angels and rasbora tank with the plecostamus. They laid many clutches of eggs and one time they all hatched and were moved to a leaf but we're swept away by th current and the Rasboras got them. I might do either Angels or discus this time around ?

You do mix the honey in right? Or just let sit?

I make my favorite margarita by mixing 1 part tequila, 1 part Cointreau or grand marnier, and 1 part fresh lime juice. Shake with ice and that's the best drink ever. ;)

You forgot the agave nectar...try it and thank me later

I love surprises! I don't care if I get anything on my list, but here it is anway...

Sticks and RFAs. Or zoas. Or palys. Or montis. Or softies. Or acans. I guess pretty much anything than can fit in 10g or less would be very nice :D

Replacement blades for Flipper Nano Mag (glass tanks)

Acropower

Microbacter 7

InTank Floss

All-In-One Corner Algae Scraper from InTank

BSI Cyanoacrylate IC-Gel Aquarium Frag Glue (or the Seachem kind, either one is good)

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to ask for pop tarts! Strawberry frosted :P

I hope whoever I get wants corals because I've got a few frags to get rid of :happy:

Probably the first christmas wish list I've put together in 3 decades:

a surprise

a colorful frag

some scarlet hermits

chaeto that beats cotton candy

a rubber pipette bulb or a julian thing

a battery powered emergency bubbler

reef epoxy/putty

some magical food that will make everything but algae flourish without raising phosphates and also kills flatworms

a red sea calcium titration test refill

reef keeping advice

x-ray specs

I think discus are the most colorful fish you can get in freshwater

yeah I think you've got a common plecostamus ? blanched zucchini is very good for them. Hikari algae wafers are awesom. Your guppies might like them too. I love the beautiful colors on the guppies and the babies are so fun. You can even feed those wafers to marine fish. I fed them to my flame angel RIP. I had Angels and rasbora tank with the plecostamus. They laid many clutches of eggs and one time they all hatched and were moved to a leaf but we're swept away by th current and the Rasboras got them. I might do either Angels or discus this time around ?

Archived