2015 Secret Santa / N-R Gift Exchange

jbb

Should we Change the Entry Date ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like ?

• Move to Friday Nov 13, 2015
    • Move to Friday Nov 20, 2015
    • Leave as is at Sun Nov 22,2015

Count me in!. I was hoping someone would do this since I missed out on last year's.

Working on my list now. :D

Gift ideas

Salifert MG test kit

Seachem Reef Calcium

Seachem Reef Carbonate

Marine Snow

Reef Bugs

24" rubber tip tweezers/tongs

Amazon gift card

Marine Depot gift card

For generous gifters

LPS, Montipora or Leather frags.

Always like surprises.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in!. I was hoping someone would do this since I missed out on last year's.

Working on my list now. :D

All i want for Christmas is a piece of your yellow leather, a piece of your yellow leather, a piece of your yellow leather. All I want for Christmas is a ....

Ok, done.

I have one and it works great for me.

I do not have a powerhead pointed at it either. It gets hit with my return, through a spinstream, about every 5 seconds.

PE Mysis, arctic ez pods and reef caviar all defrost perfectly and disperse into my water column. Hikari spirulina brine works less well and tends to sit longer and I sometimes break it up because I feel bad watching the fish wait for it.

I even use it to drop NLS pellets into because they float in it until they are ready to sink, as opposed to floating right into the overflow.

It does take some screwing with to get it sitting right and the right amount of flow through it, but once I got that dialed, it works as advertised.

Hmmm, well it just pissed me off becuase I bought it so that I could just have my wife throw a chunk of frozen LRS in during the day while I am at work. A piece of LRS(and I am assuming any of the other frozen food like it) just sits and does not breakup at all. It did work well for cyclops, but that stuff defrosts just by looking at it lol. I guess it really depends on what food you use and what your expectations are....for me, it sucked.

Those are great!! My cat once in awhile slaps our Golden Retriever and he comes running and cowering to Mommy lol!! She's a dainty little cat. Outside of that they are best friends ?

All i want for Christmas is a piece of your yellow leather, a piece of your yellow leather, a piece of your yellow leather. All I want for Christmas is a ....

Ok, done.

As soon as it frags itself. Every piece I have cut off it dies. :angry:

As soon as it frags itself. Every piece I have cut off it dies. :angry:

Aww. That's frustrating!!! I figured that song goes along with your line of work... but I changed it up. As if you couldn't tell :)

I like stating the obvious.

Hmmm, well it just pissed me off becuase I bought it so that I could just have my wife throw a chunk of frozen LRS in during the day while I am at work. A piece of LRS(and I am assuming any of the other frozen food like it) just sits and does not breakup at all. It did work well for cyclops, but that stuff defrosts just by looking at it lol. I guess it really depends on what food you use and what your expectations are....for me, it sucked.

I guess I should add that I chop my cubes up into roughly 1/8ths. That is what I drop into the defroster, not whole cubes.

I'm in...............

So excited, this was a blast last year! :-)

Wishlist:

Chemipure Blue (small and/or nano pack)

MarinePure BioMedia Ceramic Plate from BRS

InTank Filter Floss

BRS color changing DI Resin Refill

Marine Snow

Selcon

Amazon gift card (BRS & MD are also good)

If someone is feeling uber generous:

Flipper (reg size) Magnet Cleaner

IM Ghost Skimmer (for Nuvo 30L)

and..........candy is always welcome too! :-)

wish list:

Flipper nano cleaning magnet

Flipper Stainless Steel Replacement Blades for Glass Tanks (the bigger one)

New bone cutters

Superglue Gel

Acropower

genereous santa's apply here:

Expensive zoas - bloodshots / mauls / bowsers

Expensive coral - Acropora need apply

I don't really need anything for the tank that I can think of, so just send me a chick with dude hips. kthx

:D

Kind of weird , but I'll add it to the list

Hmm.. Tank wishlist, in no particular order..

-Keydiver's pods!

-Fine coral foods, like oyster eggs and other cool things?

-RODI Standard 10" Sediment, Carbon cartridges, or DI?

-Backup TDS tester?

-Seachem Stability or Microbacter7 or other good bacterial supplements.

-Selcon

-Hanna Checker Phosphate Reagents!

-Giftcards?

-Dips! Coral/fish/etc. But mostly for coral.

-MiniMax Rea--KIDDING.

No but really, whatever's fun :]

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WISHLIST!

Surprise me,

Seachem prime,

Selcon,

Hikari food,

Two little fishies Julian's thing,

Reef chili,

BRS DIY kalk dripper kit,

Red Sea coral pro salt,

Any macroalgae other than chaeto and caleurpa,

Pop tarts!

Dear Santa,

I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

If you are afraid I will shoot my eye out, then a decent coralline scraper will do.

Edit: I am just filling a 2.6 gallon Fluval Spec so anything that would go with that tank would also be nice. Plan is to make it a hermit crab jail (all crabs are dicks). Might put some shrooms or zoas in there with them just for kicks. I have a Nano Box Mini Tide lighting the way, Neo Therm 25w with digital controller, a Sicce 158 gph pump, and a rabbit water bottle for an ATO. Of course unless you are planning on the Red Ryder carbine, then nevermind...

Truly yours,

CJJon

Archived