Pod Your Reef

B's Fusion 20 take 2

jbb

Decided that the 65 was just a little more than I wanted to deal with right now and since I was in

DO-OVER mode from the crash, why not make the change now.

System Specs :

Tank : IM Fusion 20 (drilled / sump)

Lighting : NanoBox Hybrid (quad / quad)

Return : Jebao DC6000

Flow : Vortech MP10Wes (x2)

Control : Apex Jr. (EB4 / EB8 / AFS)

Skimmer : SCA -302

Reactor : IM Mini-Max Desktop

Livestock :

Fish :

Coral :

Inverts :

Current FTS :

coming-soon.jpg

• Like 5

That looks sweet but look out with the Jebao.......Using those is like playing with fire.......who knows when you will get burnt....

The return pumps have actually been pretty good . I've been running it on my 65 and haven't had any issues . Now the WP series pumps that I had were awful . There are quite a few members on here using the return pumps and have had the same experience as I have .

Kat and Benny are a couple of them.

I have just heard bad things about the Jebao stuff.....

Don't shoot me :D I have been out of it for a while and just getting back in. I almost bought a Jebao but decided against it.....Years ago I ran Reeflo and Ehiem and now have a Sicce in my Fusion.....

Low Profile overflow (1.5" thick x 18" long)

21205578840_40aac28ff6.jpg

and Siliconed in place (excuse the messy floor)

21205831578_040b49b608.jpg

Where did you pick up the overflow from?

Don't shoot me :D I have been out of it for a while and just getting back in. I almost bought a Jebao but decided against it.....Years ago I ran Reeflo and Ehiem and now have a Sicce in my Fusion.....

Seller on eBay , I will get you a link . It didn't come that thin , it was originally 4" deep so I cut it down .

Here is the link , I see they now have low profile boxes but not in the 18" length

http://m.ebay.com/itm/3500-GPH-Overflow-Box-internal-aquarium-surface-skimmer-Up-to-300-gal-aquarium-/191230962744?nav=SEARCH

Here is the link , I see they now have low profile boxes but not in the 18" length

http://m.ebay.com/itm/3500-GPH-Overflow-Box-internal-aquarium-surface-skimmer-Up-to-300-gal-aquarium-/191230962744?nav=SEARCH

They make them to any size you want, that is where I got mine from, and it didn't cost me any more than the 'standard' overflow. only thing I don't like about the super low profile internal overflow is that it is noisy from a lot of water not having much room to go in and a couple of inches to fall, it is the only part of my build that makes noise. :(

• Like 2

They make them to any size you want, that is where I got mine from, and it didn't cost me any more than the 'standard' overflow. only thing I don't like about the super low profile internal overflow is that it is noisy from a lot of water not having much room to go in and a couple of inches to fall, it is the only part of my build that makes noise. :(

Yeah I am a little worried about noise, but I have a couple of back up plans if this doesn't work out.

Currently I have it setup sort of like a glass-holes kit . They have always worked out well for me in the past, so hopefully this will be the same.

Here is how I run them

2x 1" bulkheads dumped into 1.5" plumbing

21210622590_38c889074c_z.jpg

• Like 1

Have looked at those.

I also like the ones that are a complete box that connect to the back via the bulk head.

Yeah I looked at the complete systems as well , but wasn't comfortable drilling such large holes in such a small tank.

Yeah I looked at the complete systems as well , but wasn't comfortable drilling such large holes in such a small tank.

I had a oceanic 25 or 30 not sure years ago and drilled 1 1/2 in it I think

just drill slow.....

I popped a tank years ago as it was tempered......normal glass drills easy if you just take your time. I worked at a glass shop years ago and got to play with it a lot.

Plumbing is complete ... except for final leak test

21445894795_fcd8b4b86a_z.jpg

Whats that on the right? A filter sock?

What size tubing are you using? Looks big! I guess the more flow from the returns the less need for powerheads?