Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lightmaxx Risers for Current Orbit Marine LED Standard/PRO/IC LOOP

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs™ Lightmaxx™ Risers for Orbit Marine/PRO LED fixture elevate the light fixture 3.5″ offset above the water level for better light spread. The extra head room also allow for easy tank access for general tank cleaning and maintenance. The light stands can be locked in place via a nylon thumb screw.

Tank Compatibility:

• Fits Up To 10mm Thick Glass, Rimless Tank.

Light Compatibility:

• Current Orbit Marine LED (Standard Version)
  • Current Orbit Marine PRO LED (PRO Version)
  • Current Orbit Marine IC LOOP.

Product: https://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/lightmaxx-stands-current-orbit-marinepro-led/

Below are some prototype photos and final product. The prototype used two thumb screws and the final used only one. If you set the screw just tight enough while still allowing the stand to slide, you'd only need to set it once.

Prototype:

21335788031_cfb423b549_c.jpg

Final Product:

Updated 9/29/16: 25% smaller logo

29893817072_a2ff4c0f90_b.jpg

20706022483_07ae49b938_c.jpg

26310274781_dc422cbe64_c.jpg

21139240218_695f5c7cff_c.jpg

• Like 6

That tank and stand is beautiful. Is it yours? Needs some acros tho B)

Thank you. Yes, that's my love and joy B) My last encounter with acros didn't went too well, all died along with bryopsis jungle I had to exterminate, I blamed myself for screwing up the water params but who knows. I understand they're very hard to keep and required absolutely sparkling clean water. Is there any hardy acros or am I dreaming? Lol

Thank you. Yes, that's my love and joy B) My last encounter with acros didn't went too well, all died along with bryopsis jungle I had to exterminate, I blamed myself for screwing up the water params but who knows. I understand they're very hard to keep and required absolutely sparkling clean water. Is there any hardy acros or am I dreaming? Lol

Yeah they are a bit more demanding. If you can supply really good flow and lighting that is half the battle. After that, keeping alkalinity stable is the most important. The problem would be as they grow larger they will consume more alk/calc/mag and youll need to have a good method setup to supplement (kalk, 2part dosing, or calcium reactor) as water changes alone wont keep up.

With that said, some species are harder to keep alive then others. I find that Vermiculata and the various staghorns are generally the most forgiving.

• Like 1

Lightmaxx™ Stands for Orbit Marine/PRO LED fixture allow 3.5" offset above the water level for better light spread. The stands can be locked in place via a nylon thumb screw or loosen to slide out of the way for regular tank maintenance.

Tank Compatibility:

• Fits up to 5mm thick glass.
Light Compatibility:

• Current Orbit Marine LED
  • Current Orbit Marine PRO LED
Shipping: Please keep in mind that I'm making these in-house one by one so please give me at least 1 week to ship.

Order: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/lightmaxx-stands-for-current-orbit-marinepro-led-pre-order/

I've been using this stand and improving the design for a while now. Below are some prototype photos and final product.

Prototype:

20704871464_3d8d816887_c.jpg

21335788031_cfb423b549_c.jpg

Final Product:

20706022483_07ae49b938_c.jpg

21139240218_695f5c7cff_c.jpg

Can you come up with something similar for ATI 24 inch lights? Thanks.

Beautiful tank!
  • Like 1

Yeah they are a bit more demanding. If you can supply really good flow and lighting that is half the battle. After that, keeping alkalinity stable is the most important. The problem would be as they grow larger they will consume more alk/calc/mag and youll need to have a good method setup to supplement (kalk, 2part dosing, or calcium reactor) as water changes alone wont keep up.

With that said, some species are harder to keep alive then others. I find that Vermiculata and the various staghorns are generally the most forgiving.

Having such a small tank is already very hard to keep up with stable params, my tank isn't setup automatic dosing, I manually dose two parts daily and do 40% WC weekly to 10 days. I'd have to wait until I upgrade to a better setup to try acros again. I do have a few SPSs that are doing very well, mostly encrusting monti and monti cap, leptastrea, cyphastrea, stylo.

• Like 1

Having such a small tank is already very hard to keep up with stable params, my tank isn't setup automatic dosing, I manually dose two parts daily and do 40% WC weekly to 10 days. I'd have to wait until I upgrade to a better setup to try acros again. I do have a few SPSs that are doing very well, mostly encrusting monti and monti cap, leptastrea, cyphastrea, stylo.

Your stand is pretty big... Theoretically you could make a nice sized sump (Perhaps double the volume of the tank?) for stability and to hide equipment.

• Like 1

Can you come up with something similar for ATI 24 inch lights? Thanks.

Beautiful tank!

Thanks man!

It could be custom made for the right dimensions, weight/size would be a concern though with T5 fixtures.

Your stand is pretty big... Theoretically you could make a nice sized sump (Perhaps double the volume of the tank?) for stability and to hide equipment.

I thought about it but this IKEA stand has shitty structure so it wouldn't be able to hold all the weight, plus it can't resist moisture. You can't see it but the top has already have a slight bend downward on both sides because it can't take the weight of the tank. I was worrying so built another stand for it but then I have second thought about upgrading to a 22L altogether after I realized the stand I built fit the 22L perfectly 36x12x12 :) So just waiting until I can make the upgrade, then I can go with either 10G sump or a custom size.

Thanks man!

It could be custom made for the right dimensions, weight/size would be a concern though with T5 fixtures.

The 24 inch 4 bulb fixture weighs about 10lbs from what I have read. I have seen other companies that make legs for them, but they were in England.

That's without bulbs.

• Like 1

The 24 inch 4 bulb fixture weighs about 10lbs from what I have read. I have seen other companies that make legs for them, but they were in England.

That's without bulbs.

That's not too bad actually, too bad I don't own this light to be able design and test the stand, would have to be a custom design to support the extra weight.

Wow this is a pretty awesome little tool. I used to use this light till I got a nAnobox duo and this would have been awesome. Great idea. Personally I loved the current orbit light on a shallow tank. It worked really well.

• Like 1

Wow this is a pretty awesome little tool. I used to use this light till I got a nAnobox duo and this would have been awesome. Great idea. Personally I loved the current orbit light on a shallow tank. It worked really well.

Thank you. I ran into a big issue with this light sitting right on top of the tank. The corals near the top of the tank bleached if I turn it up too much, if I turn down then the ones below didn't get enough lights. So I got fed up and made these stands and what huge improvement of spread and even add a hint of shimmer.

One cool factor I found is that by raising the light, it would also camouflage the custom SOB filter in the back, kind of blending in with the entire look and making it less eyes sore.

It's been flowing around that this light can't be used with SPS, that's not entirely true for shallow tanks. I only use 60% white/100% blue and im growing them just fine.

Marc.The.Shark

I actually entertained the idea of the Orbit Marine Pro model at one point, seems like a pretty powerful light for the price @ 36". But the Huge drawback was how it was mounted so low to the tank with the stock legs. This is a great idea & a must for anyone considering one of these lights. If you would of had this a couple months ago, I might have a different light right now!! (Still woulda put a shark sticker on it tho!! Lol)

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs

I actually entertained the idea of the Orbit Marine Pro model at one point, seems like a pretty powerful light for the price @ 36". But the Huge drawback was how it was mounted so low to the tank with the stock legs. This is a great idea & a must for anyone considering one of these lights. If you would of had this a couple months ago, I might have a different light right now!! (Still woulda put a shark sticker on it tho!! Lol)

Well it seems like im late in the game so I'm working full speed to catch up. Hopefully I'll have something you'd be interested in before you mastered your DIY skills...lol. Frankly, this would be something I would have bought when I decided on this light from the get go.

• Like 1

Why did you choose to put the screws on the inside of the tank?

So it looks flushed on the outside, the screw is above the water though, you could also flip the stands around and have it outside.

• 1 month later...

You should post these on the planted tank forums

I would love to but I can't do multi sites sponsorship just yet. I'm barely covering it on NR, funny how most of my big orders came from elsewhere (ATO container, tanks, sump kits, etc.).

Spiderguardnano

There's many people who post there selling stuff without sponsorship

I would also post on Facebook

Planted tank group they have like 10k members

There's many people who post there selling stuff without sponsorship

I would also post on Facebook

Planted tank group they have like 10k members

selling as a business isn't the same as something personal, really don't want to give the impression of me trying by pass their rules. I'm quite active on FB so fortunately im getting some orders there otherwise just NR alone will not cover it: https://www.facebook.com/OceanboxDesigns/

Just got mine today at the office . Looking forward to placing them on the tank tonight I have the same tank as mr reefer.

Thanks

Awesome. Looking forward to some pics on your tank.

• 3 weeks later...
systemoverload

fish3

fish2

fish1

I recently purchased Current Orbit Marine Pro light fixture, I was excited to go full spectrum, since I been running only blues and whites for the last couple years. Fast forward light comes in, I set it up, I use one of their presets, after mounting the light realized how low it sat that I was not getting the full maximum coverage, so after a long search and debating what to build that would actually look nice I found the lightmaxx-stands from Ocean Box Designs and I assure you these look a 100 times better then what I would have built. Now I'm happy with both purchases what a world of a difference the stands make.

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions