Coral Vue Hydros

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

Could you give me a price for a screen top to go on a 24x24. Thx

Standard pricing is $130 but pm sent with all the options!

Looks great. Is that one mine?

Sure is!!!!

Pm sent about getting new top for jbj rl-45

PM sent!

Really hope to be able to put an order in soon

Were ready for you!

That looks pretty sweet! Nice to know the big ones look nice too. I think that is what I will need for the 125, to fit down inside of the Euro-bracing and almost flush with the top of the tank. I got two SeaSwirls for that tank, so I will need to have areas cut out in the back for those. I will get you the measurements, if I ever get the tank in from Reef Savvy.

HA well lets hope reefsavy pulls through. Look forward to the next tank.

Looks beautiful with those curves BTW! Awesome. My next purchase when I get some $.

Just sell some stuff, Kids, wife, car, couches ect ect :)

• Like 1

I am not sure if I should be posting this "review" in the sale section. If it's not a good place, please move it.

I would call myself as one of the early adopters of Smiz's Custom Acrylic Tops. I was about to receive the livestock for my new show tank. It is a freshwater tanganyikan biotope-like tank. Since the fish were coming from Germany on a special import order and were quite expensive, I just could not risk them jumping out. My tank is an ADA 90-P and it came with 8 stainless steel hanging clips that are used to place a glass top on the tank. They worked as we expected with these custom acrylic tops as well. Smiz also has their own clips. I did not want the tops to show above the glasses of my tank.

So after a few quick PM's we almost finalized things. A quick phone call and some texts made everything even more easy. One thing is for sure, Smiz is great at communication.

The only term I had was that I needed the top in 7 days because my fishes were scheduled to arrive on the 7th eve. Smiz did a great job at making, packing and shipping it in a timely manner so that I received it on the 7th day of ordering.

It sure was packed very well. Took me a long time to open it.

Box opening vid. Make sure you turn down the volume.

And now, when I have the fish in the tank, I feel safe that my fish is not going to jump out and I don't have to deal with a piece of glass or acrylic that I would have removed and placed on the tank like three times a day. The small feeding door is so convenient.

A few small suggestions that I'd like to see as improvements in the future tops:

1. An option to close the openings in the top. I recently decided that the lily pipe was creating a flow pattern that my fish were not liking. So I changed to a spray bar. Well, now I don't need an opening that's there. I carefully have placed a paper towel on that opening that I use to wipe the glass after feeding. It's no biggie but something to think about.

2. Sometimes (like once a week) the net in the middle gets saddled and touches the water. I find it incredibly annoying. I either lower down the water level or pull up the net and shake off the water that fills the holes in the net.

If there was a support bar in the middle (which was the part of the acrylic skeleton), it would have helped reduce the sagging of the net into the water.

Other than that, I am super happy with my purchase and would strongly suggest it to anyone who wants their livestock to be safe and sound.

Here is how it looks on my tank:

Cover_top_(2)_xlarge.jpg

Cover_top_(1)_xlarge.jpg

I know this post is a little bit old but... Are those Xeno's? :D

Simulated Fish

This brings a tear in my eye as it was months in the making. Our first large-ish routed top for a reefer 170!

yeeeeessssssss this is going to be great on myJBJ RL-45!

Didn't get the pm about rl-45, could you resend it

:flower: yeah Simz Where is the love! my December sales bonus check comes in on friday ;)

yeeeeessssssss this is going to be great on myJBJ RL-45!

:flower: yeah Simz Where is the love! my December sales bonus check comes in on friday ;)

Ha I'll try to get a print for you 45 guys this weekend!

• Like 1

I know this post is a little bit old but... Are those Xeno's? :D

I m glad you asked. No, they are not. They are Trematocara variabile ;) I wouldn't have gone this fancy for Xenos.

• Like 1

I m glad you asked. No, they are not. They are Trematocara variabile ;) I wouldn't have gone this fancy for Xenos.

Omg those are some rare fish! Couldn't see it on the pics. Glad you have that top on your tank. Would be sad to loose one of these fish...

That's what i like about tanganyika cichlids, it's all about subtle colors and behaviour.

PM sent . need one for a 32x24 SC Aquaium Tank. Thanks

Responded!

I know I've posted pics of this before but we had to remake it......thanks USPS. Really loving this top.

0A86576B-3DA9-44EF-A47F-BE2AA4184EAB_zps

Also quick cell pics of a routed reefer 170(thanks for the tank lfs lol). Perfect fit :) who wants one??

9F45CBBB-194D-4B49-BD1A-FB5B1C23EA49_zps
B2FC3E4F-3D8D-445B-B288-760A0E03ED57_zps
  • Like 3

Hey guys,

Anyone heading to the Connecticut swap next weekend? We will be setting up a table with some tops.

Great way to save on shipping if your attending :)

I will be there and stop by to say hi :)

FINALLY!!!!!!

First successful routed top on the new setup!

Thank you all for being patient as this happened, it was not an easy task and ate up almost all our free time for several weeks. For anyone waiting on a routed top they will be getting worked on this week as time permits!

7D808C6D-AB45-429F-AE13-0838E6097A0C_zps

Why are you doing this to me? I've been holding off on making an order and it is only getting more tempting... Looking killer!

hope you guys get this large tank cover figured out soon!!!

We are close, I think I mentioned some samples coming in last time we spoke. Still waiting on that and then I think we will be good to go!

Also quick cell pics of a routed reefer 170(thanks for the tank lfs lol). Perfect fit :) who wants one??

I'm glad the measurements worked out, looking forward to getting it.