Cultivated Reef

JimmyDang's Fusion 20

JimmyDang

Hi Nanoreef, I'd like to start by introducing myself. I'm a full-time university student currently studying a bachelor of business and commerce. I currently reside in Sydney, Australia... and for a very long time have stalked these forums at the amazement of sweet nano tanks builds on this forum.

I've decided to create a tank journal and some what immerse myself into this community to further educate myself and share my tank and the experiences I've had along the way of reefing for the past 6 years. My aim for this system is a mixed reef system comprising of nice ricordeas, zoanthids, sps and a handful of selective lps corals.

So to start off.. here are some of my systems specifics.

Fill Date: 21-03-2015

Display Tank Dimensions: 24"x15"x13"

Lighting: Kessil A360W-E

Stand: Innovative Marine Fusion 20 Wooden Stand

Tank: Innovative Marine Fusion 20

Tank Water: NSW

Water Circulation: Ecotech Vortech MP10ES

Skimmer: TBA

Heater: Aquael 50 Watt Unbreakable Heater

Evaporation Top Up: Hydor Smart Level ATO

Tank Before State:

RCjWf86l.jpg

Top Down Whilst Water Change:

BJCp9spl.jpg

Current FTS Shot:

o4CBeeX.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Current Stock-list (More Stuff To Be Added)

Fish:

1x Naked Ocellaris Clownfish

1x Normal Wild Caught Orange Ocellaris Clownfish

1x Decora Goby

1x FIrefish Goby
1x Female Green Mandarin

1x Bi Colour Blenny

1x Argi/Cherub Pgymy Angel

Corals:

Ricordea sp. Colours ranging from bright yellow to purples and greens

1x Fluro Green Cushion Coral

1x Purple/teal Staghorn

1x Green/teal Blastomussa

1x Orange Fungia

1x Blue Sympodium

1x Nano Sized Cateyes Coral

Invertebrates:

1x Female Porcealin Crab

2x Peppermint Shrimp

1x Blue Spotted Maxima Clam

1x Red Fromia Starfish

1x Tiger Crowrie

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Beginning Of It All

Tank And Stand In Its Packaging:

UUCqB7Rl.jpg

Stand Built And Assembled:

UwcR1N7l.jpg

The Arrival Of The Kessil A360-WE:

u9KhTnrl.jpg

The Unboxing:

N1q4A7fl.jpg

The Unit:

ZMmNaZYl.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some Shots Of The Current Tank Inhabitants:

Fluro Green Cushion Coral:

8wwEweUl.jpg

Porcelain Crab:

3qPhahWl.jpg

Red Fromia Star:

evAQ8Vvl.jpg

Maxima Clam:

jAUOvv5l.jpg

Blue Sympodium:

L4AoDIxl.jpg

G'Day Mate! ;) Looking so epic!

hah, gday bud. cheers man! Im getting my first zoanthid shipment tonight from a mate.

Cencalfishguy56

hah, gday bud. cheers man! Im getting my first zoanthid shipment tonight from a mate.

Tonight? Lol it's 1:45 in the morning!

My First Zoanthid Shipment For The Fusion 20 & First In Over 8 Months!

The Unboxing Of The Shipment Which Was Hand Delivered By My Good Friend:

a7Umhrnl.jpg

The Shipment Of 9 Frags Plugs Sitting On My Frag Rack:

LylHnRfl.jpg

I've been looking into a funky magnetic frag rack! So many choices, shipping form the US hits hard though.

I've been looking into a funky magnetic frag rack! So many choices, shipping form the US hits hard though.

Yeah dude, i should of held onto mine. my mate use to get in the best ones available.. from the states. the brand was black rock.. naqua.com.au use to sell them..

but i ended up getting a decent cheaper alternative.. suction cup frag rack from guppys.. only one guppies has is the oceans wonders one for $40

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/coral-propagation/n52-mag-rack.html

Yeah dude, i should of held onto mine. my mate use to get in the best ones available.. from the states. the brand was black rock.. naqua.com.au use to sell them..

but i ended up getting a decent cheaper alternative.. suction cup frag rack from guppys.. only one guppies has is the oceans wonders one for $40

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/coral-propagation/n52-mag-rack.html

Cheers Jimmy, that actually looks pretty good!

Cencalfishguy56

LOL! I hail from Sydney, Australia bro. Its 7pm here atm

lol wow bro, in jealous why not just visit the Great Barrier Reef for corals? ;) jk haha

lol wow bro, in jealous why not just visit the Great Barrier Reef for corals? ;) jk haha

Hah, i wish we aussies were allowed.. the fine would be massive and its a long ass trip to carins aswells to visist the great barrier reef.

We aussies are envious of the corals american folk are able to get into the country..

Heres A Little Tease Of The Zoanthid Shipment:

Reds: (name to be determined, if you fellas on nano-reef know.. itd be nice)

PnZ3w5il.jpg

Sparkled Golds & Doulbe Pinks:

hPpbOO0l.jpg

Tank is looking great man. Envious of that starfish. Very cool. Might have to see if I can snag one up around here

Edit- how much does the star move around? Do you ever have issues with it closing up your zoas and other lips?

Tank is looking great man. Envious of that starfish. Very cool. Might have to see if I can snag one up around here

Edit- how much does the star move around? Do you ever have issues with it closing up your zoas and other lips?

Cheers, appreciate the kind words. The starfish is actually just a common fromia star fish which cost about $20-25 here in Aus

The star moves quite frequently.. but visibly.. i see it a couple times during the day.. most of the times its walking around within the rock work. It doesnt bother my corals so much.. not to the point id feel detrimental to health

Cencalfishguy56

Hah, i wish we aussies were allowed.. the fine would be massive and its a long ass trip to carins aswells to visist the great barrier reef.

We aussies are envious of the corals american folk are able to get into the country..

Yea we do get a lot of important corals especially here In California near the LA airport! I'm surprised because a lot of our show corals and some of the more pricier ones are from Aussie, still cool you live near a good ocean bro!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

FTS:

Rc3jxBpl.jpg

Favourite Blastomussa:

SqcQzDFl.jpg

Cairns Marine SPS:

ctdTPt6l.jpg

4s93rSll.jpg

Mixed Zoanthid Frags:

zI7iqStl.jpg

Beautiful! How do you like the Kessil light?

Beautiful! How do you like the Kessil light?

Thanks for the kind input! The kessil is an honest unit. Ive use literally every brand on the Australian market.. and I appreciate the fact that this unit can easily sustain all types of corals. Also like the fact its a simplistic unit with intensity and blue and white balance dials..

I also dont use the controller because there's no real benefits of spending extra $150 for sunset and sunrise as they dont really do anything besides set a cool mood.

reefernanoman

Thanks for the kind input! The kessil is an honest unit. Ive use literally every brand on the Australian market.. and I appreciate the fact that this unit can easily sustain all types of corals. Also like the fact its a simplistic unit with intensity and blue and white balance dials..

I also dont use the controller because there's no real benefits of spending extra $150 for sunset and sunrise as they dont really do anything besides set a cool mood.

I agree about the controller. But it does help acclimate your corals when the light is new.

Down under looks very interesting BTW. I always enjoy the nature shows that show all the crazy poisonous animals that can kill you there like the funnel web spider. I also miss Steve Erwin.

My mom has been on vacation once in the past to Australia.

Archived