Top Shelf Aquatics

Joe's Fusion Nano 10

joecoastie

Born: 25-Jan-2015

FTS - 11 Feb 2015

Nuvo%20Full%20Pic%202-2015.jpg

Finally moved what little coral and fish I had from my old Solana to this Innovative Marine Fusion 10. I have had salt water tanks for over 20 years, but lost the passion and my Solana suffered. So I am looking forward to starting from scratch and hopefully learning from the Nano-Reef community on keeping a smaller tank.

Tank: 10g Innovative Marine Fusion

Lighting: Kessil A150W 15000K LED Ocean Blue

Media Basket: Poly filter floss, ChemiPure Elite 6.5 oz and Fuge (chaetomorpha)

Heater: Cobalt 50w

ATO: Tunze ATO Osmolator nano 3152

Controller: Reef Keeper Lite

Skimmer: None (first time ever)

Sump Return: MJ900 with AUQA Gadget Spin Stream

Bio Filter: Seachem Matrix Bio Media 200ml

FTS - 01 Feb 2015

Nuvo%20FTS%202-1-2015.jpg

I guess the only mod I have made to the tank is cutting out a section in the back for a light to shine on the fuge that I am keeping in the bottom chamber of the media basket.

Fuge%20Hole.jpg

Nuvo%20Fuge%20Light.jpg

I used a wine cabinet as a stand. My goal is to keep everything on the back of the stand and all wires off the floor.

Nuvo%20Backpack.jpg

Nuvo%20Back.jpg

Wiring and Equipment set-up:

Nuvo%20Diagram.jpg

Welcome to nanoreef! Tank looks pretty solid and I really like how you have everything so organized behind the tank and stand.

You are right en28so, I do need more LR, I plan on getting more soon, I am hoping to find a colony of Zoa's or something similar to increase the LR.

CUC arrived today:

Nuvo%20CUC.jpg

Thank you John Maloney at www.reefcleaners.org. I had read only good things about reef cleaners, and I have to say they have lived up to their reputation. Ver happy with the order, within minutes the CUC was up and moving and I know I got more than I ordered.

Very nice! Just saw your build thread. :welcome: to the IM10 Club!

I really like your cool wiring diagram - you must be an engineer :)

That fuge light is really clean - what kind is it? Do you like it? Also, I was wondering what kind of substrate are you using?

Thanks TeenyReef

No claims on engineering here :) I used CaribSea Florida Crushed Coral, Geo-Marine (about 7 lbs.) so far I am liking it in the 10, the snails cruise around it with no issues and it does not blow all around like sand I have had in the past. The fuge light is a nano-glow by jbj. I got it a while back and used it on my Solana with great results, it is the 4 bulb setup. The only thing is the magnet holding it on the inside is a bit big, so it takes up a little room in the center section of the sump, I may use some small strong magnets to get some room back.

reefernanoman

You are right en28so, I do need more LR, I plan on getting more soon, I am hoping to find a colony of Zoa's or something similar to increase the LR.

CUC arrived today:

Nuvo%20CUC.jpg

Thank you John Maloney at www.reefcleaners.org. I had read only good things about reef cleaners, and I have to say they have lived up to their reputation. Ver happy with the order, within minutes the CUC was up and moving and I know I got more than I ordered.

Great! Just don't put too much since some of your corals might come with LR attached to it. Good luck .

Turned of the sump pump to feed the fish and figured it would be a good time to take pictures, still learning.

Nuvo%20zoas3.jpg

Nuvo%20Zoa4.jpg

Nuvo%20Zoa5.jpg

chalice.jpg

Chalice I have had for a long time, hopefully it will finally grow...

Nuvo%20Blasto.jpg

Nuvo%20Blasto2.jpg

First Blasto I have had

Nuvo%20Zoa7.jpg

Stopped by the LFS yesterday and was able to get a few things:

A monti:

monti.jpg

A couple blue Rics, hoping they can color up, just a bluish color now.

rics.jpg

Some Sunny D's

Sunny%20Ds.jpg

I was changing my floss in the media basket and figured it was a good time to check to see how the chaeto was doing. It is a good thing I did, it has more than tripled, I thought it was going to bust a seem. I have had it for just over two weeks now, wow, I think I will need to remove some each time I change my floss (twice a week).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived