Pod Your Reef

kyle's 10g NUVO fusion

kylhcky

i'm usually a fan of bare bottom tanks but for this one i am only adding sand to keep sand dwelling fish/inverts, other then that it will mostly be a zoa/lps tank.

Lighting: Maxspect Razor 420r Nano (60w, 10k spectrum)

Heat Source: ViaAqua 100w titanium heater

Circulation Pump: Jebao RW-4

Auto Top Off: AutoAqua Smart ATO

Filtration is just some polyfill as filterfloss and chemipure blue, other then that i kept it very simple with this tank.

FTS 1/2/2016

fts9_zps8dnyuwqc.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get this tank from? Ive looked everywhere and cant find the new 10 or 20g fusions tanks!

Marine depot hooked it up. they received a random shipment of the IM 10's a few weeks ago and i guess my name was at the top of the backorder list. i was pretty damn supprised when i looked at my emails and saw a tracking number. ive had it sitting around for a solid two weeks though, i think i might get her cycling this weekend.

I managed to scoop up a Nuvo 20 fusion this morning at my lfs. Ill be setting mine up this weekend. Good luck to you!

same to you. i wish i ended up going with the 20. who knows, after the holidays i might start a second tank and treat myself to the 20 and a stand.

reefernanoman

same to you. i wish i ended up going with the 20. who knows, after the holidays i might start a second tank and treat myself to the 20 and a stand.

LOL, the upgrade itch hits again. I know the exact feeling.

LOL, the upgrade itch hits again. I know the exact feeling.

yep, i got it pretty good. even though i have a light i said #### it and bought the maxspect nano razor in 10k, i'm too lazy to go to home depot and buy the shit to hang my lights.

plus marine depot gave me a free t-shirt, looks like they just earned themselves a regular customer.

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/vkyle8/media/mspt_zps986922fe.png.html'>mspt_zps986922fe.png

reefernanoman

yep, i got it pretty good. even though i have a light i said #### it and bought the maxspect nano razor in 10k, i'm too lazy to go to home depot and buy the shit to hang my lights.

plus marine depot gave me a free t-shirt, looks like they just earned themselves a regular customer.

mspt_zps986922fe.png

Ha! They gave me a free T-shirt for just being a long time customer! I didn't even buy anything when they gave it to me. They sure are a great company.

My dude swoll with XL tee.

still loosing that school weight haha, i dropped like 20 pounds in the past 2 months just from the transition of full time school to full time work.

How's the flow with the Rio 600? Just got the tank and want to upgrade the pump to use with the Spin stream

i will be finding this out in the next few hours. i have to run a few errans and plan on picking up a few buckets and a couple gallons of ro/di

rio was too much, decided to shelf it and put the stock pump back in. i had to drill some extra holes in the media basket due to it overflowing.

the light shipped today, hopefully it will be here by friday. once it gets here i'll post some pictures.

10k vs 16k is all preference though. personally im not the biggest fan of blue tanks, i wanted something closer to daylight.

zamboni200000

I was thinking of snagging one of these. I was wondering... If I put in the nuvo media basket... Is there still room for other stuff?.. Like their ghost skimmer and or media reactor and or a heater?

I was thinking of snagging one of these. I was wondering... If I put in the nuvo media basket... Is there still room for other stuff?.. Like their ghost skimmer and or media reactor and or a heater?

there are 3 chambers in this tank. first one is media basket, second one should hold either the ghost protein skimmer or minimax just fine. the 3rd is the return pump, depending on where you keep the water line you might be able to get away with both the reactor and skimmer.

please note i don't have a skimmer or reactor, so i don't know if it is possible yet, just an assumption.

reefernanoman

The desktop ghost skimmer fits perfectly in my middle chamber of my Fusion 10G.

Any updates? My fusion 10 will be here Monday. Any idea if the MJ1200 or 900 would fit in the return chamber? Trying to figure out what pump I want to use with the IM spinstream.

just updated the first post.

Any updates? My fusion 10 will be here Monday. Any idea if the MJ1200 or 900 would fit in the return chamber? Trying to figure out what pump I want to use with the IM spinstream.

both of the mj's should fit, the rio 600 was way bigger than those two. you might have to play around with your media basket if using another pump. even now with my stock IM in i am having to play with how much filter floss i can add to it before it restricts the flow too much.

im most likely going to build my own out of egg crate soon so that way i can fix this issue

i really need to get on finding a stand for this tank, as well as getting a decent camera.

I am going to go with the intank basket. I have used them in the past on my nuvo 16 and currently on my biocube 29. I think he makes an excellent product, and it should be much wider than the stock basket.

I just ordered a Fusion 10 but it won't be here until later this week. I ordered the inTank basket the same day and it's here already. I'll let you know how it works once I get it set up.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the inTank. I've got it set up doing a leak test with the stock pump and it works great, but I haven't tried a bigger pump yet. It is much wider than the stock caddy. I don't have the upgraded IM caddy so I can't compare it with that one.

Here's a side by side of the two caddies:

15520865859_43001b3759_c.jpg

Here's the IM 10 caddy installed:

15087375843_f0cd725724_c.jpg

And here's the inTank:

15086781514_ab7e0be229_c.jpg

As you can see, the inTank is not only taller, but it's much wider and leaves a lot less room for water to overflow the caddy.

i honestly went rouge the other day and started glueing those acrylic trays to mad floats and just going without a basket in the first chamber. so far my tactic has been working out for the past week, it's only going to need to hold filter floss once i get my reactors.

also added 2 frags of zoa's today to test out water parameters, everything has been testing 0 for the past few days except for ammonia, did a 2g water change and it is at 0 now as well. 85% of them opened back up in the first hour

Archived