Top Shelf Aquatics

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

Fantastic painting of that mandarin :).

Cheers! took me a while to complete but I'm quite happy with the result. The future wife decided that she'll keep this one and I should just make more for our guests lol :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Congrats on TOTM, well deserved!

Thank you very much Mark, and cheers for being one of the first to nominate this tank ;)

Congratulations...amazing tank!

Thank you Michelos! That shallow ADA-style tank looks stunning!

Congratulations to a wonderful tank. Mysterious, colorful, happy, just wonderful.

Cheers Kat! Those are the very same words that I would use to describe your tanks ;) Could I get a Katropora pretty please? :lol:

• Like 2

Congrats on TOTM well deserved.

Thanks Addinali! How are you doing with the razor nano so far?

Love the tank and your paintings

WOW :wub:.

Thanks Sk8n and Gena! I'm only doing the paintings to siphon wedding funds into the frag funds lol

• Like 1

Congrats on the TOTM! And on the upcoming wedding. I wish I could be a guest just for the paintings :)

Thank you teenyreef! I've been slow on the paintings recently. Hopefully I'll be able to create 40 before October :blink::D

Nice new shots-Great diversity in your tank

Cheers mate!

I changed a few things around in the tank.

-Sold the massive pulsing xenia colony as it was getting a bit too big

-Trimmed the finger leather back since it was casting a shadow on the birdsnest and causing it to lose colour.

-The RBTA decided to walk and plonk itself right smack in the middle of the tank! Only problem is it's irritating the hell out of some zoas

-The LFS I frequent got a massive shipment of SPS colonies with acro crabs in every single colony! I've always admired these little creatures so I got a pink/green ( slightly bleached) Acro with a pair of acro crabs, and mini green pocillopora colony with a single pink crab

-got a couple of sps frags from a reefer friend.

find the crab!

08-15%20top-down%20right%20640x443_zpsdz

08-15%20euphyllia%20top%20down%20640x480

new frag rack :D

08-15%20monti%20frag%20rack%20640x480_zp

08-15%20corner%20top%20down%20463x640_zp

right side of the tank

08-15%20right%20side%20640x468_zps7qvlmu

August FTS, you can see the cheeky little BTA sitting pretty on a bed of green zoas :angry:

08-15%20FTS2%20640x406_zpswc3ana3j.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good, nice new additions :). I love acro crabs, they are really cool to watch. I used to feed mine brine shrimp with tweezers when I did the weekly spot feeding, they would eagerly await the feedings and were definitely not shy about coming out in the open to grab some food.

• Like 1

Congrats on TOTM, Boo!!!!

Thank you Stella! :D

Looking good, nice new additions :). I love acro crabs, they are really cool to watch. I used to feed mine brine shrimp with tweezers when I did the weekly spot feeding, they would eagerly await the feedings and were definitely not shy about coming out in the open to grab some food.

Awesome! I'll try spot feeding these crabs too. They are indeed so much fun to watch, the pair in the acro go crazy when the goby tries to sit on it lol :D:D

• Like 1

Very cool tank and definitely deserving of TOTM. Kind of English tea garden-ish with so much going on but all with design and purpose.

Cheers! I kinda didn't plan it that way but it just turned into a colourful jumbled mess once the corals started to grow and extend.

:lol: A happy side effect I guess.

Best. Frag. Rack. Ever. :D

IKR?! haha :D

• 2 weeks later...

Boo, did you ever switch to a single RW-4? Just curious, I'm looking to get one for a standard 10 gallon I'm setting up, also with a AC110 as a refugium. Great work on your tank! Inspirational!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So I've been really lazy in terms of updating this thread. A lot has changed in the tank but life has gotten in the way for the last couple of months. 1st of all, we moved to a new house, and are getting married at the end of this month!!! So you can imagine how busy things are at the moment.

Boo, did you ever switch to a single RW-4? Just curious, I'm looking to get one for a standard 10 gallon I'm setting up, also with a AC110 as a refugium. Great work on your tank! Inspirational!

Hi Aquaman, thanks for the kind words. I did eventually switch to the rw-4 in the new tank, which is 24"x24"x12" and it's a pretty powerful little thing. I think you'll do fine in a 10G if you have lots of rock to break up the flow and if you use it at the lowest setting. AC110s are neat little filters, you can't go wrong with them!

On to the update:

I can't remember everything but these are the things that changed in the tank

-I have transferred all livestock to a new ~30G shallow cube display tank with a 15G sump

-upgraded to a radion g3

-added a few new corals

-new rockscape which I am still working on

-went BB

10-15%20640x480_zpsasymvbij.jpg

more pics to follow

Cheers!

• Like 8

More photos as promised.

setting up the radions

10-15%20FES%20640x513_zpswodba4rp.jpg

Wally has a new bed