ReefCleaners.org

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Your entire thread -- e.g both the old and new tanks -- is beyond stunning, it's downright inspirational. Gives me goosebumps thinking what my soon-to-be 25g would be like if it has just 25% of the beauty and success you've shared with us.

Please keep the updates coming (at least, as much as the current busyness of life will allow). And congratulations on your marriage, hope the wedding was a blast!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wow it's been a long time since I was last on here. It's has been a really busy past few months for me, (getting married and taking the family on a tour around New Zealand etc.) consequently, I haven't had much time to update the thread. So...here's an update to make up for it (lots of pics!!!). :D

I know it's not reef related, (well, it still kinda is) but I just want to share some snapshots from our sea-themed wedding.

Some of the wedding favors, I can't believe I made 40 of these paintings!!!

P1018142_zpsmkw0h3xp.jpg

wedding%20pic2_zpsasgttqkc.jpg

Yep, I told you it's reef-related :D
wedding%20pic%204_zpsdc7kqhc9.jpg

LOTR-inspired rings

wedding%20pic_zps1mluqfbe.jpg

Now, let's get into tank updates and photos!!

I lost some colour on some SPS and LPS when I switched over to Radions, but I've since dialed it back down to 45%, which seems to be the right range for a tank as shallow as mine. Now, things are starting to colour-up again.

-lost Wally the clown goby during the wedding craziness/holiday period, he developed white spots all over his body and pretty much slowly faded away :( RIP Wally

-added a female lyretail anthias who's very active and thinks she's a clownfish :lol:

-added a few new corals too

New acquisitions since the last update

teal/green Acanthophyllia

01-16%20green%20meat%20coral%20640x480_z

Superman Rhodactis

01-16%20superman%20mushroom%20640x554_zp

etc.

01-16%20top%20down%20FTS3%20640x480_zpsi

After close to 2 years in the tank together, Beats, the silly clown FINALLY found the RBTA :rolleyes::D

01-16%20topdown%20fts%20640x526_zpsbe9io

01-16%20clown%20and%20BTA%20640x559_zpsv

MEAT!

01-16%20meat%20corals%20640x386_zps6mtjx

FTS 01-2016

01-16%20fts%20zoomed%20out%20640x421_zps

Wow! Your entire thread -- e.g both the old and new tanks -- is beyond stunning, it's downright inspirational. Gives me goosebumps thinking what my soon-to-be 25g would be like if it has just 25% of the beauty and success you've shared with us.

Please keep the updates coming (at least, as much as the current busyness of life will allow). And congratulations on your marriage, hope the wedding was a blast!

Thanks so much for those kind words mate! I'm sure you'll turn a reef that's even more beautiful.

The wedding was indeed a blast, crazy busy, but absolutely worth it, specially when I got to share the beauty of New Zealand with my family (who I haven't seen for 3-6 years)

• Like 14

Looks great, there's been so much growth. It really looks impressive.

Have you had any issue with the bubble tip? Looks like you or it has been moved and raised over the years. Whats your experience with it been like?

• Like 1

Congratulations on the wedding and congratulations on the tank, looking amazing :).

Thank you very much! :lol:

Congratulations and welcome back! I still love those paintings for the wedding. The tanks looks as beautiful as always :)

Cheers teenyreef! I think I underestimated how long it would take me to finish all those paintings but I'm quite happy with how they turned out, and I decided to keep both mandarin paintings lol. ;)

Awesome!!

Thank you kimberbee! :D

I remember always loving how your tank looked and its even more beautiful! Congrats on your wedding too!

Thanks so much vlangel, those seahorses are amazing!

Welcome back! The new tank is really filling in beautifully, thanks for posting updates!

Cheers Christopher, I'm just getting back into routine tank maintenance so there should be more updates in the next few weeks :D

Looks great, there's been so much growth. It really looks impressive.

Have you had any issue with the bubble tip? Looks like you or it has been moved and raised over the years. Whats your experience with it been like?

Thanks Jay! I've only had very little issues with the RBTA, it decided to move up that rock and snuggle under the red monti when I upgraded. I think it has more to do with the changes in flow more than anything. The only problem is it's stinging once side of that monti, but I'm not too worried about it since the monti needed regular trimming anyway and the BTA being there slows it's growth on one side. I've tried not feeding it when it was in the smaller tank since I wanted it to stay small but now that the clown found it, it gets fed everytime the fish eat so it's doubled in size in half the time :rolleyes:

Red meat

01-16%20red%20meat%20coral%20640x480_zps

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to share a short vid of our recent trip to Poor Knights Islands in Northland New Zealand. It's a place that Jacques Cousteau rated as one of the top 10 sub tropical dive sites in the world, and as we ventured under the waves, there's little wonder why. Check out the masses of blue maomao at the 2 minute mark, watch in HD, enjoy!

• Like 6

Nice dive video, what gorgeous blue from the fish. Tank looks good, congratulations on the wedding, it's looks very charming.

Thanks Kat! Yup those mega schools of blue maomao were absolutely stunning, the video doesn't really do them justice. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Your coral and tank are looking great as usual and the video was very cool. I loved the rays of sunlight streaming down through the water to the reef! I have snorkled but my sister and I are looking into getting certified to go diving!

• Like 1

Catching up on your thread- great pics and vid. Congrats on the wedding

Thanks man, that new tank is looking epic. I couldn't find it through the 100+ pages but how did you make that grafted monti cap?

Your coral and tank are looking great as usual and the video was very cool. I loved the rays of sunlight streaming down through the water to the reef! I have snorkled but my sister and I are looking into getting certified to go diving!

Thanks Dawn, I agree, it's simply otherworldly. I can't wait to go back out there again. That's sounds awesome! make sure to take your gopro with you :D

• Like 2

Thanks man, that new tank is looking epic. I couldn't find it through the 100+ pages but how did you make that grafted monti cap?

Thanks, the grafted cap comes from World Wide Corals-but I got it from a local vendor. there are quite a few out there. I looked for one with the most green and red mixture I could fine- excited to see it grows out?

• Like 1

Congrats on the wedding and the upgrade! Both look incredible

Thank you very much Yoshi :D

Thanks, the grafted cap comes from World Wide Corals-but I got it from a local vendor. there are quite a few out there. I looked for one with the most green and red mixture I could fine- excited to see it grows out

I see, I love how it almost looks like a chalice. I wonder if these are actually grafted together or if they're the sort that have the green pigment "mutation/infection".

• Like 1