Top Shelf Aquatics

Mota's 4 gallon CAD

Mota

Hello, I've been a member of this site for about a few years now, but I've never started a tank thread so please bear with me while I figure out how this works. I took a break from reef tanks for a couple of years but now I'm back at it.

Tank: CAD lights 4 gallon

Light: Stock (ordered a nano box tide. Just waiting to receive it.)

Inhabitants: A lot of snails, thanks to John at reef cleaners

Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp

Damsel, though I'm not sure which type

Coral: Mushrooms/Rhodactis

Zoas and palys

Toadstool

CGA gold torch

CGA purple torch

Rock flower anemone

Pictures:http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Marcus_Mota/library/?sort=3&page=1

Cellphone pictures unfortunately, not the best.

Thanks. I tried making a scape where I could have room for the torches. I really like the torches, but I feel that I may have to get ride of one or both of them some day.

Did a water change earlier. Took a few pictures as well. Hoping that red mushroom will regain its color in time.

imagejpg1_zps218f96d6.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsbf956136.jpg

imagejpg5_zps4ea11605.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsd586f2ef.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsf8520b94.jpg

Thank you. I love the way the torches move with the flow. The torch's colors look better in person. I only have my cellphone camera and it can't do colors very well. Makes the tank look much bluer than it is. I do find my ipad camera a bit better though.

• 2 weeks later...

what's the reason for upgrading to the Tide? planning to stock SPS?

Back when I ordered the light, I got it because I wanted to keep a clam. (I know, keeping a clam in a small tank would be a bit difficult. I was crazy back then, but I've gain my sanity back. Well, a little of it anyway) With the tide though I can do sps, which would be fun to try out. Also, the features the light have are just way better than the stock light, which really has no features at all. Not to mention that I'm sure the coral would like some more PAR.

thanks! main reason i want to get this tank was so i dont have to splurge another $250 on a light =P. i figure with such a small tank, the stock light should be sufficient for softies and LPS. your tank looks pretty good with stock so i may still stay stock.

thanks! main reason i want to get this tank was so i dont have to splurge another $250 on a light =P. i figure with such a small tank, the stock light should be sufficient for softies and LPS. your tank looks pretty good with stock so i may still stay stock.

I've had these coral under stock light for a couple months now and they've been doing good under it. Have seen some growth too. I'm sure the light will be fine for what you want to stock.

Changed my scap a few days ago. I've been trying to find a scape where I can have room for my torches to grow and not bother other coral. I am happy with what I came up with. It looks like the rock flower anemone bleached a bit. Doesn't surprise me considering it decided to move in a deep crevasse where it was shaded all the time. Glad it finally moved towards the light. I'm sure it will regain its color now. Picture time.

imagejpg1_zpsb360d3b0.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1915f72b.jpg

imagejpg3_zps48693576.jpg

imagejpg5_zps365f52a3.jpg

imagejpg6_zpsc8e81645.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for a small update. I sold the purple torch. Between it and the gold torch, they were taking up a lot of space so one of them had to go. I got my first SPS coral. I took a few pictures, too.

FTS

DSC_0006_zps27a12547.jpg

SPS coral. Anyone have an I.D.?

DSC_0007_zps82477413.jpg

DSC_0008_zps05f6b6ec.jpg

DSC_0009_zps2408dbe1.jpg

DSC_0010_zps0095e56e.jpg

DSC_0011_zps3731a75d.jpg

DSC_0012_zps4d4c69b1.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for the I.D. I'm loving the green birds nest. It's polyps are fully expanded and it looks very nice.

Archived