Cultivated Reef

Bobomb's Pico 4G Build Thread

Adam_Bobomb

I figured it was about time to start this off as things are starting to arrive.

I purchased a CAD Lights 4G reef tank (AIO) for my office.

It's a beautiful tank. period.

I will be not using any of the stock equipment other than the tank itself.

UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Unlike my bow tank, this one will not be natural filtration, I plan on using Carbon, GFO (in a reactor) and possibly more solutions. I need the water quality to be pristine. If I can show off how good a tank looks to my boss, I'm pretty sure I'll get a green light for a big office reef tank.

Without further ado...

Stock everything

rU0hBZml.jpg
pdwTz62l.jpg
Here is the stock pump. Not gonna cut it.
Z0md07jl.jpg
I order a Sicce 0.5 thinking it would fit in the back but alas, it does not and I had to find another solution (it's on the way).
Here is the back section, not a lot of room to work with but it's a pico :)
OF85HM6l.jpg
Sicce 0.5
WcdZSwbl.jpg
I ordered some plumbing from BRS but its not small enough in diameter and will take up too much room.
New stuff is on the way and fingers crossed it will be perfect.
Looking forward to the input and sharing this build with you all.
Cheers,
Adam
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much room does the rear chambers give you?.. maybe a cobalt or a rio possibly??

I'm trying a sicce micro or mini or whatever it's called.

It's about 2.25-2.5"x2.5-3"

The separator is angled a bit so it's not square. I'm looking to pump some serious flow through this guy so at 158gph of the sicce micro it should do the job nicely.

HatrickSwayzee

Where did you put your heater? I couldn't fit mine next to the pump so I had to put it in the display tank next to the return nozzle. I thought about putting it in the middle chamber, but I'm not sure it'd head the tank properly.

Or I can just get one of those neo-therm heaters and slot that in right next to the pump in the back chamber.

Where did you put your heater? I couldn't fit mine next to the pump so I had to put it in the display tank next to the return nozzle. I thought about putting it in the middle chamber, but I'm not sure it'd head the tank properly.

Or I can just get one of those neo-therm heaters and slot that in right next to the pump in the back chamber.

Im going to be putting it in the overflow first partition or in the return. I'll be getting the cobalt 25w and it says its 6.5" long and the tank height is 11" so I should have some wiggle room.

Would the heater not fit in the 3rd chamber with the return pump,or would this pose a problem ?

Regardless,following this build. This should be good !!

Would the heater not fit in the 3rd chamber with the return pump,or would this pose a problem ?

Regardless,following this build. This should be good !!

It really depends on the new return pump and plumping but I imagine it would. There isn't a lot of space in the back and I'm going to be trying to put a lot of crap back there. Its going to be trail and error.

Your last build was without doubt, BADASS!! So I'm pretty stoked to see what you do with this one!! Keep the pics and updates flowing!!

Thank you, I'm still going on that guy. It's been a waiting game with my cycle. This guy should be much quicker as I'm already curing the LR.

Modular hose huh? I know where I'm getting locline next.

It was really the only place that I found reasonable prices for 1/4" loc-line. it's a lot of bulk items. Some of the stuff comes in pairs or packs of 5 which isn't bad when dealing with loc-line.

@158gph? Ordered the sicce micro. The stock pump? Without a doubt. If it ends up pushing out lower pressure I'll take a splitter off. That's what is so great about loc-line. Not married to one setup

DIY Reactor.

I've very very happy how this came out.

Here is my DIY reactor I made for my 4G.

the body is 1 3/4" diameter with an Eheim 300 on the bottom.

I think it will work perfect and please tell me if you see any issues.

I still have to drill some holes at the top for an outlet.

Video at the end. Leave your thoughts! Good or bad.

6cJjTpIl.jpg
FXJK6P2l.jpg
pFW6T16l.jpg
2pjA93nl.jpg
nTpquUvl.jpg
Lgv0FN8l.jpg
Gs8l7AUl.jpg
OYB4ks7l.jpg
ZX5DZHDl.jpg
xHcKzJIl.jpg
ZdKYk24l.jpg
EpFBPMml.jpg