inTank Media Baskets

Sump Design

bernoulli

Hey! I'm planning out my sump for a jbj 30RL. Cabinet will be a little weird so the max space I will have for a sump is about 16x23". In the tank overflow, I will have filter floss and chemipure elite and/or similar/more chemical filtration in the media baskets.

I am planning on using CADlights PLS-100 skimmer and in the refugium: LR, chaeto, and maybe sand.

sump+design.jpg

So my big question, will the far side of the refugium be no flow? Is there a better way to use the space I have, such as more of a linear flow?

Hmm in my head i was having the display drain to the skimmer. So i could from to the far end of the fuge and baffle between the skimmer and the return pump?

better?

sump%2520design2.jpg

any benefit to having the return water go to the skimmer before the fuge?

Gets crap particles out before it gets to the fuge so detritus won't collect in there and become a nitrate issue.

i might just be stretching it at this point or approaching when i need to redesign the overall dimensions of the sump. I would like it to get to the skimmer first.

sump+design3.jpg

Oh sweet. What are the bottom 3 drawings? Do you feel like your fuge is big enough for you? How big is your display?

bottom pic is that of the baffles..the height of the water in the skimmer section is 8.5 inches. You can scale up to a 20 gallon tank sump. I have a 37 gallon display.

Archived