Cutom media basket

BRS GAC

BRS GFO

Purigen

ReefStar Par56 21watt

6 pound Fiji LR

5 pounds Fiji sand

Live Stock:

Zoas lots of zoas (to many to list plus I do a lot of trading and don't keep track of names very well)

Duncan Green and Purple

Scolly Green and Red

Acan Enchinata

Green mushrooms

Chalice Huricane

GSP

Gold Cloves

Babies Breath Favia

Kryptonite Trumpets

Neon Green Leather

Fish:

Pescados Del Fuego (We just call him Del Fuego)

Maintenance:

Kent Salt

RODI water

Red sea A and B amminos

Home made frozen food

Cyclopeze

Back Ground:

I started this tank in July 2013 I fell in love with these at a local fish store that I frequent and wanted some thing to house my Zoas in as they were not doing well in my 75gal sps tank. Moved zoas in and Kind of neglected this tank work life and every thing else this just got put aside. Just recently I sold my sps reef tank in an attempt to simplify my life. Was feeling like I had a hole in my life after selling that tank so I decided to make this the best nano I could much easier to maintain and I have a life time supply of salt for a tank this size. I added the fire fish from my sps tank before I sold it as the one and only fish in here I also replace the stock lights as they just are not very good at all. In fact the only complaints I have about these tanks are the crappy but expensive lights and the stock media baskets are a joke!

Tank sit on my computer desk and brings a little slice of zen to my Hectic life.

Just wondering I still have amminos laying around from my sps tank do you all think that the zoas would benifit from them or am I just taking a risk of polluting my little tank by adding them?

Just wondering I still have amminos laying around from my sps tank do you all think that the zoas would benifit from them or am I just taking a risk of polluting my little tank by adding them?

If it ain't broke don't fix it has been my motto in this hobby. Tank is looking great BTW. Wait until you start seeing some growth, Its going to look stunning.

Sounds good. One less thing to buy and I am trying to keep this tank simple after years of sps and daily dosing I am looking forward to being able to relax and watch things grow =)

Wow, very nice! :) I'm planning to set up something similar, 'cept with corallimorph. :P

Did you get your zoas as frags are on (relatively) large chunks of rocks?

Wow, very nice! :) I'm planning to set up something similar, 'cept with corallimorph. :P Did you get your zoas as frags are on (relatively) large chunks of rocks?

Most all came from members of my local club. Every thing is this tank was grown out from a small frag We do a lot of trading and selling for cheap around these parts. B)

Gonna Bare My Bottom!

So over the next few water changes I am going to start siphoning the sand out of the tank. I have low flow in the tank and lots of stuff sitting on the bottom and don't want it to become a detritus trap. I have always felt BB was not very natural looking but again you can't really see much of the sand bed any way. This way I will be able to use the turkey baster to blast the detritus out and not have to worry about creating a sand storm and pissing off all my corals.

Archived