31261297221_e77f41a67f.jpg

ATI T5 & Reef Brites by Jon Llama, on Flickr

31701286434_a089fe300b.jpg

January 2017 Tank Shot by Jon Llama, on Flickr

..::Parameters::..

Alkalinity 6.5-7.5 :: Calcium 410 :: Magnesium 1300 :: Potassium 400

• Like 10
SouthFlorida_Tron

So it will be a bit more time before this thing gets wet... it holds water! But a few things need to be looked over before running livestock...new design and all, I think I can make it run even better. Chad, I think the $400 light I just bought will suffice! LOL But a second mp10w will be coming within the next few months for sure.

Anyways, on to the quality:

-- So far, the glass is spectacular... The cuts, the seams, the silicone, all done with great finesse... Whats funny is that the back wall of my pico is only acrylic, and warps a touch, that will not happen on this tank as they have the back wall reinforced with a matching wall of glass to hold its place, and again the silicone is clean! One of my favorite aspects is the front corners... I can't express how cool it is to have beautiful Starphire glass bent into this and I wanted to try and share its appearance but not sure if the photo shows its true pleasure!

• Like 7

Looks awesome!That's alot of zeo products! Yeah... !!!!

Wondering if I can hit you up some time about dosing zeo products, I'm currently dosing the nano package as well as coral snow but not as aggressively as you have listed. I was thinking of picking up zeo bak and zeo food7? Need to research what I'm doing a bit more. It would help hearing from someone that knows what they are doing.

Are you planning on running a sump?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks awesome!That's alot of zeo products! Yeah... !!!!

Wondering if I can hit you up some time about dosing zeo products, I'm currently dosing the nano package as well as coral snow but not as aggressively as you have listed. I was thinking of picking up zeo bak and zeo food7? Need to research what I'm doing a bit more. It would help hearing from someone that knows what they are doing.

Are you planning on running a sump?

Hi Drama, I get all of my advice from my NanoReef Zeo Consultant, NanoTopia... Feel free to send her a PM to receive some advice, she is very knowledgeable. You can also see here for more info: ZEOvit

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SouthFlorida_Tron" data-cid="4574813" data-time="1387164239"><p>

Hi Drama, I get all of my advice from my NanoReef Zeo Consultant, NanoTopia... Feel free to send her a PM to receive some advice, she is very knowledgeable. You can also see here for more info: <a href='http://www.zeovit.com/forums/index.php'>ZEOvit</a></p></blockquote>

Thank you.appreciate the info, Ill check it out

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Sweeetttt!

Post a stock list!

:)

So since the tank will be a direct transfer of my current tank, an upgrade so to speak, I will moving over all current rock and coral, and the pistol shrimp, but only one of the clowns will be coming over.... the smaller one. The larger clown has aggressive tendencies and fear for territorial disputes with the wrasse, but none the less, he bullies the smaller clown, and has to go... Once the system settles down these will be added:

2 of these jokers to join the Pistol Shrimp

Hi Fin Gobies

p-70938-hi-fin-red-goby.jpg

&

One of the following:

1) Bluehead Fairy Wrasse

p_90051_blue-head-fairy-wrasse.jpg

2) Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse

p-75670-Multicolor-Lubbock.jpg

3) Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse

p-90162-RedVelvetWrasse.jpg

4) Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse

p-82744-red-head-wrasse.jpg

• Like 2

:)

So since the tank will be a direct transfer of my current tank, an upgrade so to speak, I will moving over all current rock and coral, and the pistol shrimp, but only one of the clowns will be coming over.... the smaller one. The larger clown has aggressive tendencies and fear for territorial disputes with the wrasse, but none the less, he bullies the smaller clown, and has to go... Once the system settles down these will be added:

2 of these jokers to join the Pistol Shrimp

Hi Fin Gobies

p-70938-hi-fin-red-goby.jpg

&

One of the following:

1) Bluehead Fairy Wrasse

p_90051_blue-head-fairy-wrasse.jpg

2) Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse

p-75670-Multicolor-Lubbock.jpg

3) Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse

p-90162-RedVelvetWrasse.jpg

4) Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse

p-82744-red-head-wrasse.jpg

Nice, I'd go with a Lubbocks due to size and color. All the others can get 4.5-5.5 inches.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I think it's generous and spacious, not familiar with the fluval.

The edges are super clean, and the curve / bent glass corners are very attractive, almost tempting to the eye, it's hard to explain, it's nothing like the curved corners on my previous biocube. The chambers have space without being intrusive to the display (as my pico is designed, but that's my custom design error)

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Ps: I just looked up the fluval. Judging by the size of my tank dimensions, the sizing seems elongated on the fluval, being 6" longer yet similar height and width. The pump also seems weak for a tank of that size (700gph) even my pico has a 1400, maybe that's why I t'd the return nozzle lol...

Talk with Cad on here, tell them I sent you, & they can answer more questions for you. It's a beautiful aquarium and think you may enjoy it.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Just ordered a few pieces to help complete the puzzle, still figuring out the final piece...

1 20LB Bag Fiji Pink Live Sand

2 3' Screen Frames from BRS to extend my current top

EDIT

Also picked up some new screen mesh from a fabric store, nice and tight, about 1/8" thin mesh so no gobies are getting out this time!

Filter socks enroute as well to go into the custom acrylic deflector I'm using for the overflow chamber :)

Pics after I drill the sock hole tomorrow!

• Like 3

EDIT

Also picked up some new screen mesh from a fabric store, nice and tight, about 1/8" thin mesh so no gobies are getting out this time!

Hmm thought I read it comes with a glass cover

SouthFlorida_Tron

It does, and lovely acrylic clips, however, glass tops do not allow for proper gas exchange and not to mention loss of PAR from the salt spray...

• Like 2