inTank Media Baskets

Nuvo Mini 38 Up And Running

Pals_id

Hello everyone,

Earlier in the year I purchased a Nuvo 8 gallon model and liked it so much I purchased the 38 gallon and gave my fish a lot more swimming room and am able to keep more neat things to look at, as well as have more room for extra equipment. It's been up for a bit now and everything seems to be doing well. It's a mixed reef with some soft coral, lps, and sps.

I modified the back chamber to better suit my needs. Here is the clearest shot I could get of the back.

20131206_105215_zps33b3f8c9.jpg

To the far left is a Hydor slim skim nano, the next chamber holds a heater. The middle chamber has a Tunze Osmolator nano. The far right chamber only has the sponge in the stock filter to catch any large particles. The chamber next to that has a pump hooked up to a Two Little Fishies media reactor, which hangs on the side and is running gfo and carbon, this returns into the middle chamber with the return pump.

I have a Vortech MP10 circulation pump and an Ecotech Radion Pro light fixture. I also purchased a reverse osmosis system for water changes and top off water...I think that about covers all the equipment.

There is so much livestock with fish, inverts, and corals, I will just let the pictures and video speak for themselves. I was not able to capture the true colors, but it gives a good idea of what it currently looks like.

Night (Royal Blue at 2%)

20131206_022225_zps1f81a5ce.jpg

Taken just now

20131206_103920_zps68d1041f.jpg

20131206_105145_zpse447cb5d.jpg

I was a little concerned about adding sps already, but they seem to be doing great and I have noticed some growth and good polyp extension.

20131206_104414_zps51382735.jpg

A short video from last weekend after cleaning, so the water is still a bit hazy.

I can't wait to see how everything does in the coming year. Thanks for looking :)

keithfullermusic

gorgeous corals in that tank, and plenty of toys in the rear compartments. i'm toy free at the moment, and i think the most advanced thing that i'm going to do is cut some of the rear tape, slap a light on there, and put chaeto in there.

Archived