ReefCleaners.org

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Rolling shutter is a pain in the ass, try shooting at 1/60 @ 30fps and see if it helps. The mkii maxes out at 30fps else I'd suggest trying 60fps. And take off auto iso, set the exposure manually and adjust the iso till it looks right.

Sorry about your losses, that really blows.

• Like 1

sorry to hear about the losses... know how you feel man, but you have a killer tank. don't let it get you too down. sometimes things just happen.

I was a little upset yesterday but feel much better now. Thank you Kauai.

Rolling shutter is a pain in the ass, try shooting at 1/60 @ 30fps and see if it helps. The mkii maxes out at 30fps else I'd suggest trying 60fps. And take off auto iso, set the exposure manually and adjust the iso till it looks right.

Sorry about your losses, that really blows.

I tried all kinds of combination already. None of the setting can eliminate the flicker. I think it's the lights frequency that might be off by 1 or 2Hz probably. Apparently, that's something can't be fixed.

This tank better win TOTM this month,if it doesn't... There's something wrong !!!!

Amazing work,and phenomenal photos !!! Truly inspirational.

Thank you Reefkid88! Haha... my tank is still at it's early stage, probably not TOTM worthy now. :) But I am happy that it's inspirational to you. ;)

• Like 1

Every time I enter this thread I leave in awe :) So clean and simple looking

Thank you! Simple and clean is my goal, hopefully it will be colorful too in the near future. :)

These are my favorite ones. MY GAWD, YOUR TANK IS AMAZING. AND THOSE SHOTS. DROOLZ. :bowdown:

Hahaha... thanks Ben. I like the Raspberry Lemonade and Purple Green Acros too. I am super happy that they are coloring up like this. I didn't expect that at all. :)

• Like 1

I see more and more of these critters crawling on the sand bed. Should I be worried? I suspect it should be beneficial to the tank but what if it gets wayyy too many?

Sorry for the noisy video. I hope you can see them, they are everywhere on the sand bed.

• Like 1

Wait, have you tried turning off the mp10 while filming? Just curious lol.

And I think it should be fine...though I have heard people have slight issues with the overpopulation of those critters/brittle stars in the past. But nothing major.

• Like 1

Wait, have you tried turning off the mp10 while filming? Just curious lol.

And I think it should be fine...though I have heard people have slight issues with the overpopulation of those critters/brittle stars in the past. But nothing major.

Yea. I tried turn off the MP10 to shoot the video as well. You will see the banding even more obvious because there will be no light shimmering to disturb the banding.

• Like 1

I see.....that sucks lol. How are the two fishes doing? Any luck on finding the two sexy shrimps?

I still haven't seen the dottyback since day one and couldn't find other two shrimps either. The one shrimp has been hiding under a small rock since those two were gone.

You should probably take that shrimp out...I'm starting to think that basslet did eat the two shrimps...

And damn, I'm surprised that dottyback didn't make it...do you have a cave hole in the tank somewhere? Have you tried looking for its body?

• Like 1

Hey bro, how many lbs of LR do you figure you have in your system?

10 lbs. :)

You should probably take that shrimp out...I'm starting to think that basslet did eat the two shrimps...

And damn, I'm surprised that dottyback didn't make it...do you have a cave hole in the tank somewhere? Have you tried looking for its body?

Yea. I have many holes/tunnels in my tank. There is a multiple entrances tunnel under the left side rocks. Dottyback might still be inside, I hope.

To find him, I will have to remove the entire left side rocks! Hmmm... maybe I should do that. :unsure:

Update: Dottyback is still alive! I found him under rocks. :) And now he finds another spot to hide.

• Like 1

That's great news! :)

Wow, so it's never been out to get food? How does it eat? lol, did it look good?

He looks fine. Not sure what he ate but he doesn't look skinny at all! He just kicked out basslet and took his cave. Basset found another cave to hide. I can see them both in their own caves now. :)

• Like 1

That's awesome ahha. Dude, maybe the dottyback ate the two shrimps? Lol which one has a bigger mouth? The basslet or the dottyback?

Haha... don't know. Probably about the same. :D

• Like 1

I see more and more of these critters crawling on the sand bed. Should I be worried? I suspect it should be beneficial to the tank but what if it gets wayyy too many?

Sorry for the noisy video. I hope you can see them, they are everywhere on the sand bed.

That's a lot of pods! None of your fish are eating them?

• Like 2

That's a lot of pods! None of your fish are eating them?

I saw clowns eating them before but these two fish I have right now don't eat them. Ever since I got rid of clowns, they just explode! Lots lots of them on the sand bed now.

• Like 1