Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

That's just what I have observed, If you are having success with your timings def keep it up.

I had the nano and the hydra since it came out and whenever you turn the white up corals end up being fried and or looking bad.

you can basically use the red and green to offset the low whites anyway

There is a interesting thread on this topic on reefcentral

• Like 2

That's just what I have observed, If you are having success with your timings def keep it up.

I had the nano and the hydra since it came out and whenever you turn the white up corals end up being fried and or looking bad.

you can basically use the red and green to offset the low whites anyway

There is a interesting thread on this topic on reefcentral

I see. Probably because I have my green and red set pretty low so they recommend raising up my white. I will see how my corals react to the white after a while. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Very pretty!

Thank you!

Yeah, man I wonder what kind of scoly you're getting as centerpiece.....

Haha... I don't even know if I will get scoly yet, they are so pricy!

• Like 1

Thank you!

Haha... I don't even know if I will get scoly yet, they are so pricy!

You'll get one. I know for sure you will, because I will make you. Muahahah, ;)

• Like 1

Took some time to play AI Director's settings. This is what I am going to use for now and see how it works in the long run. What I am trying to achieve is to have cooler (toward blue, green and white) color in the morning and warmer (toward purple and red) in the afternoon. Kind of mimic sky color through out the day. (see line graph below)

Deep Red
11:20am - 8:30pm - 11:30pm
0% - 10% - 0%
Green
09:50am - 12:20pm - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 11:50pm
0% - 27% - 35% - 35% - 0%
Royal Blue
9:40am - 12:20pm - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 9:10pm - 12:00pm
0% - 52% - 72% - 69% - 57% - 0%
Deep Blue
10:00am - 12:20pm - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 9:10pm - 11:40pm
6% - 55% - 75% - 72% - 60% - 6%
Violet
10:00am - 12:20pm - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 9:10pm - 11:40pm
6% - 41% - 60% - 62% - 52% - 6%
UV
11:20am - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 11:30pm
0% - 25% - 25% - 0%
Cool White
09:50am - 12:20pm - 2:40pm - 8:00pm - 11:50pm
0% - 23% - 30% - 30% - 0%

Weather feature is pretty nice but there is a drawback. I live in Seattle, and it's mostly cloudy during winter. Weather will stream live forecast to the light but I don't want too much cloud for my tank. I can choose to stream other location's forecast like Barrier Reef in Australia but then the time zone does not fit my schedule here. If I can use Barrier Reef's weather but able to shift the time to my time schedule, that will be nice. Hope AI will include some kind of time shifting feature in the future.

Overall, I like the Director. Works well and it's very easy to use.

director_2.png

director_1.png

• Like 6

Weather feature is pretty nice but there is a drawback. I live in Seattle, and it's mostly cloudy during winter. Weather will stream live forecast to the light but I don't want too much cloud for my tank. I can choose to stream other location's forecast like Barrier Reef in Australia but then the time zone does not fit my schedule here. If I can use Barrier Reef's weather but able to shift the time to my time schedule, that will be nice. Hope AI will include some kind of time shifting feature in the future.

Overall, I like the Director. Works well and it's very easy to use.

That would be sweet to have the same weather as the great barrier reef. Maybe they could have it delayed by 12hrs to a day depending so it starts at the same time zone you live in?

BTW, your ORA Mint Pavona looks amaizing! I'll have to get one of those sometime

• Like 1

That would be sweet to have the same weather as the great barrier reef. Maybe they could have it delayed by 12hrs to a day depending so it starts at the same time zone you live in?

BTW, your ORA Mint Pavona looks amaizing! I'll have to get one of those sometime

Thanks!

Yea. I hope they include the feature to shift the time manually, however, thats not the case. Once you turn on Weather feature, you can't adjust the graph any more, you can only adjust the brightness of each color, can not do custom ramp or custom time. I already email AI and give my suggestion, hopefully, they will include the time shifting feature! :)

Thanks for the overview of the Director. I know I don't need one but seeing one in action makes it mighty tempting.

This is just one of many things that's not required but its fun to have. Who knows if it will benefit our corals or not? Probably not much. Haha

• Like 2

Nice! For the weather, if it's storming say for 2 hours, will your tank have a two hour storm? I know usually there limited to about 30 minutes or so on the controllers

• Like 1

Nice! For the weather, if it's storming say for 2 hours, will your tank have a two hour storm? I know usually there limited to about 30 minutes or so on the controllers

No. I don't think you will have 2 hours storm. It's in the interval of 15 mins. You can also adjust % of lightning you want.

For example, I have 5% of overall storm percentage and 30% frequency of lighting strikes.

post-82095-0-82782300-1384396977_thumb.png

I'm in love with your acros, especially the purple green! Its great to see how you've built such a gorgeous reef in such a short time after finishing your cycle; very inspirational as I start my first saltwater tank!

• Like 2

I'm in love with your acros, especially the purple green! Its great to see how you've built such a gorgeous reef in such a short time after finishing your cycle; very inspirational as I start my first saltwater tank!

DAT tank!! So nice!! Thanks for the computer wizard help yesterday. :) Your tank is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you guys! :)

No problem Mr. Mustache. I was trying to figuring it out how to do it as well and saw your post so just giving you a quick hand. :)

UPDATES?!?!!

Nothing special going on. Just figuring out how much my tank consume alkalinity and calcium each day. Seems like it's about 2 dKH alkalinity and 10 ppm calcium per day. Does this sound right?

If my test kit is right, each 1ml ALK dose will raise 0.6 dKH alkalinity and 1ml CAL dose will raise 4ppm calcium for my tank. So I will need to dose about 3ml ALK and 2ml CAL per day. I am going to try dosing this amount for a few more days and then test again.

• Like 2

I have no idea... I don't test my water at all.

I don't like to test water either, took so much time. Once I am done figuring out the dosage, I won't test it for a while and see how it goes. The sudden drop of ALK few days ago kinda scared me so I just can't ignore it. :)

• Like 2

Ever since I got into the hobby (2008), I've never tested my water lolol, but I've also never had sps before....I would imagine if I had sps, I'd then test my water. No sps, no need to test water ahahah.

• Like 2