ReefCleaners.org

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Aqua Illumination Sales Director emailed me recently and asked for permission to use couple of images I took especially the one I use for my avatar. Since AI and EcoTech are competitors so I had to remove the Vortech to take another photo and then combined the new tank with the old image. Here is the result. :)

I just released the right of using the photo to them earlier today. Not sure how they will use it but I hope I will be able to see it someday on their website or brochure. :D

photo_for_AI.jpg

• Like 8

I'm rarely jealous of another aquarium but I must say, I'm very jealous of this one. Outstanding job on the tank and photos. I keep thinking about taking some photos with the MP40's off, looking at your photo, I really need to do that. Very clean!

• Like 1
I'm rarely jealous of another aquarium but I must say, I'm very jealous of this one. Outstanding job on the tank and photos. I keep thinking about taking some photos with the MP40's off, looking at your photo, I really need to do that. Very clean!

Thank you! Your tank is truely inspirational to me and to a lot of people. I wish one day I'll own a large tank and be able to do such a great work like yours! :)

Do, commission I'd say is only fair ;)

Haha. The Sales Director seems like a very nice guy. Maybe I should ask for a Hydra 52 upgrade kit when it comes out. Haha

Nice man. Congratulations. Definitely deserved.

Thank you Kauai! I was kinda surprised when they contacted me. Glad they like my photo. Hopefully, they use it though. There is no guarantee as far as I know.

LiquidTension82

Aqua Illumination Sales Director emailed me recently and asked for permission to use couple of images I took especially the one I use for my avatar. Since AI and EcoTech are competitors so I had to remove the Vortech to take another photo and then combined the new tank with the old image. Here is the result. :)

I just released the right of using the photo to them earlier today. Not sure how they will use it but I hope I will be able to see it someday on their website or brochure. :D

photo_for_AI.jpg

I knew this picture was destined for greatness! Congrats man ;)

• Like 1

I have been looking and waiting for a Splatter Yellow Hammer for a long time and finally got it today! Richard from Exotic Reef Creations is very nice, he also sent me an Acan for free. :) However, I broke it in half while trying to remove it from the plug. :angry: Hope it will survive.

Also took photos of other corals I have not taken before.

140114-04.jpg

140114-05.jpg

140114-06.jpg

140110-01.jpg

140110-02.jpg

140110-03.jpg

• Like 5
Miguel Burguete

Great tank again!! And also great photos!

I´m a fan of your tank mate!

Can you post some photos of the right side of the tank (wiring and acrylic support), and if it´s not an abuse the inside of that IKEA stand?

• Like 1

Can you post some photos of the right side of the tank (wiring and acrylic support), and if it´s not an abuse the inside of that IKEA stand?

Thank you Miguel.

Sure. I will take it when I get home later tonight.

Here it is. Really there is nothing special. :)

140114-08.jpg

140114-07.jpg

140114-09.jpg

140114-10.jpg

• Like 3

I give up. I can never be as organized and clean as you.

Haha... it really isn't that organized. I've seem better. :lol:

Love the hammer man. :blink: And that acan is really great - I hope it pulls through. :)

Thanks man. I can't believe how bright that hammer is, my another favorite now. Haha.

I guess I was lucky that it split from the center so hopefully it will recover into two heads. :huh:

Miguel Burguete

Thank you!!

Organization! Clean! No words!

Do you feel like without the skimmer you cant really miss one water change?

I´ve been searching for ideas inspired on your tank but i don't think i could run a tank without a sump to use any kind of filtration or even macro algae. And since you make a whole in an ADA tank it misses that magic, you can see the pipes or hoses. The only think the i like as an alternative is the mame overflow but is difficult to have it in Portugal and is really expensive.

Thanks again for the detailed photos!

• Like 1

Even with everything you have attached to the tank, I can't figure out how it doesn't distract. Even just the mp10 on my set-up is an eye-sore.

I sometimes hope MP10 is smaller. It does distract a little even though I try to minimize the distraction by placing it as close to back corner as possible and put the ATO sensor in font of it to break the round shape. I thought of this way so the whole right side will be black, instead of seeing an obvious black round shape pump. Not sure if this way works, but at lease it looks better to me. Haha :D

Thank you!!

Organization! Clean! No words!

Do you feel like without the skimmer you cant really miss one water change?

I´ve been searching for ideas inspired on your tank but i don't think i could run a tank without a sump to use any kind of filtration or even macro algae. And since you make a whole in an ADA tank it misses that magic, you can see the pipes or hoses. The only think the i like as an alternative is the mame overflow but is difficult to have it in Portugal and is really expensive.

Thanks again for the detailed photos!

Thanks so much for the kind words Miguel.

I think weekly water change is a must for my tank. I notice algae tend to grow on my sand bed after 6th or 7th day. I have to feed my fish daily because I have a mandarin goby (they need to eat constantly). If not, I may be able to extend to 10 days for water change. If I have to do some sort of filtration, I will probably build a sump and try to use ADA's glass pipes to keep the clean look. Not sure how to do it yet, but it may be doable. I don't like MAME Overflow for couple of reasons... it is still very bulky and it is too hard to clean.

Miguel Burguete

Nothing to thank to, it makes us enjoy even more the hobby when people like you share tanks like yours.

The ADA glass pipes and incredibly awesome and clean but the problem is that you can not use them with a sump, only with a external filter such as Eheim 2213 where you could use some Purigen or Chemipure Elite. But in this case you would not be able to use a skimmer.

• Like 1

Nothing to thank to, it makes us enjoy even more the hobby when people like you share tanks like yours.

The ADA glass pipes and incredibly awesome and clean but the problem is that you can not use them with a sump, only with a external filter such as Eheim 2213 where you could use some Purigen or Chemipure Elite. But in this case you would not be able to use a skimmer.

Yea. You are right. Better think of some creative ways to do a sump with ADA pipes, may require some modification to the tank or pipes too. :D