• Cadlights Nano Protein Skimmer
  • Aqua Illuminations Nano
  • VidaRock Bonsai Synthetic Rock
  • CaribSea Reef Grade Sand
  • 50w Eheim Jager Heater

Cadlight.jpg

I unpacked the gear, and realized the Skimmer was a bit too big:

IMG_3138.JPG

So I removed the panels from the tank, and re-positioned them an extra 3/4" out and re-glued, so everything fits nicely. Added new sand, and water from the display tank. I'm not expecting much of a cycle, but it's gonna be zoas for a bit I think. Maybe a pair of clowns, we'll see smile.png

20131019_220206.jpg

Today, my VidaRock showed up, packed nicely in foam, from Aqua-Tecture http://aqua-tecture.com/

20131022_142602.jpg

Top-down shot of the Rock:

20131022_161734.jpg

In the tank:

20131022_173038.jpg

I have some cord management to do tonight.

My Bonzoa tree is about to sprout some ocean-love smile.png

Mr. Microscope

That rock is beautiful! For cycling, Dr. Tim's works well. It's important to build up a good amount of bacteria especially if you're starting with dry rock.

Good luck!

I've got a 20 gallon frag tank overflowing...

20131020_104405.jpg

I'll start with a few frags to ensure things are ok, before I start moving a bunch in.

My plan is to remove the plugs, and attach directly to the rock. In most my other tanks, I've left the frag plugs in for easy removal. I think in this case, I want to keep the tree shape intact as much as possible.

I've got a 20 gallon frag tank overflowing...

20131020_104405.jpg

I'll start with a few frags to ensure things are ok, before I start moving a bunch in.

My plan is to remove the plugs, and attach directly to the rock. In most my other tanks, I've left the frag plugs in for easy removal. I think in this case, I want to keep the tree shape intact as much as possible.

Looks like a party in there! Love your tree. Someone else had that rock, very awesome.

How do you think the vida rock will affect the seeding process?.. meaning how porous it is do you think it will shorten the cycle or just take its normal course. I'm really interested in this rock for all the right reasons of course.. THE SHAPES!!!.. and the scaping possibilities. Just heard the few negatives out there. Want to make sure its worth it.

Still following

Awesome build! Btw

looks like my bonsai ricordea tree =P. battle of the bonsai trees! love vidarock!

Your tree is the first I thought of when I saw it actually. It is really cool, can't wait to see how both tanks keep evolving.

Archived