Coral Vue Hydros

Tickle's Nuvo 24 Reef Creation!

ticklem

Well long story short I am breaking down my custom 120 and looking to get a smaller tank. 1st I looked at the Nuvo 30 then after seeing the Nuvo 24 in the LFS I couldn't resist. Had plenty of room to squeez in all my prized corals. This thing is going to be over kill from the start so don't laugh just be amazed.

Equipment:

Nuvo 24 Aquarium

2 Radion Pro leds

1 Neptune Apex Lite

1 Ebo Jager 75 watt heater

2 Mini Max reactors ( GFO & Carbon )

1 Innovative Marine Skimmer

Livestock:

2 ocellaris clownfish

1 sixline wrasse

1 tailspot blenny

hermit crabs

various snails

defender.TX

Wow that's a full tank! I might suggest raising the lights a little and bridging the gap in the middle - looks like the center of the tank doesn't get lit very well.

Amazing. I'm following this thread. Love your little frag bridge. I shall do something simillar in my nuvo24 too. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

@ DEfender here is a pic with the lights mounted. The pics above I just had the lights resting on top of a heater box that was sitting on the tank lid. This tank is sitting in my kitchen in what is supposed to be a desk area. I will have to get some pics of the whole set up later but have just been so busy which is why I downsized from the 120.

http://s114.photobucket.com/user/ticklem/media/20130611_190336_zps0338b128.jpg.html'>20130611_190336_zps0338b128.jpg

@ Eckozulu thanks man that is one of my favorite corals have to say my Neon tube anemone is by far my favorite though.

Heres a closeup of it before it went into the tank I actually have 2 one small and one large. The Neon Orange tenticles with the Neon Green mouth really pop when the lights turn blue.

http://s114.photobucket.com/user/ticklem/media/3I23Jc3Hc5Kc5H75J8d2o1bd20b1c94e11954_zpsd53a4919.jpg.html'>3I23Jc3Hc5Kc5H75J8d2o1bd20b1c94e11954_zp

Acan Enchinata and Rock Anemone

20130626_182654_zpsba949a1c.jpg

Frog Spawn Green with purple tip

20130626_182700_zps5dd7fc51.jpg

Hammer Coral Green with Purple Tips

20130626_182706_zps3f1f3a14.jpg

Painted War Coral

20130626_183603_zpsc11da7d5.jpg

Black and White Maxima Clam

20130626_183611_zps415a8e30.jpg

Neon Green SPS(???) Not sure what kind

20130626_183657_zpsa27e1952.jpg

Superman Branching Montipora

20130626_183706_zpsd6ed3e40.jpg

Undata Montipora

20130626_183752_zps6f5edbfa.jpg

Sunset Montipora

20130626_183930_zps06a3ee5e.jpg

Purple Bonsi SPS

20130626_183717_zps3224b134.jpg

Cats Eye Pally ( I thank not exactly sure)?

20130626_183943_zpsafbd3c24.jpg

Fire And Ice Zoas

20130626_183736_zps42089c1f.jpg

Neon Orange Zoas

20130626_183805_zps6df9512b.jpg

Neon Green with Pink mouth Plate

http://s114.photobucket.com/user/ticklem/media/20130626_183919_zpsec46ede6.jpg.html'>20130626_183919_zpsec46ede6.jpg

Orange Plate

20130626_183901_zps1aced230.jpg

Duncan

20130626_183720_zpsea02ce82.jpg

iamarchitecture Thanks for the complement

So after 2-3 years of my Maximini being on the same rock one of them decided he wanted to explore yesterday. Well how how that works out. Usually results in the anemone dieng or killing something else in the tank. Hopefully I can coax it back to where he belongs. That is exactly why my tube anemone is my favorite coral and anemone they don't move you burry their tube and thats where they stay.

whysoserious

I really should get a long tank now lol.. Seeing all these long build tanks, I must say they are something special. Beautiful tank you got there!

Yeah the long footprint is really nice I looked at the Nuvo 30 before I saw this tank and I am so happy I went with the 24. Basically same viewing area as a 40 breeder just AIO Tank.

So I tested my phosphates last night and got .07 so I am considering adding a minimax reactor with GFO. Just curious though how is your skimmer doing I wonder if its worth putting a skimmer on this size tank and what the best skimmer would be. Ive seen good things about the Aquaticlife Mini Skimmer 115, Tunze 9002 and 9005, and of course the IM skimmer. Or just Go skimmerless???

defender.TX

I absolutely love how your tank is setup and the lights are mounted from the cabinets. What a perfect viewing area! The corals are amazing as well :D .

I absolutely love how your tank is setup and the lights are mounted from the cabinets. What a perfect viewing area! The corals are amazing as well :D .

Thanks defender I can't wait to see what you stock in yours. Have been colecting corals for years and this is a collection of what caught my eye the most. I like that this tank is going to make me choose my corals wisely. No more just throwing stuff in the tank because I have tons of room. I would probably have to get ride of stuff just to add anything to this tank.

So picked up some Livestock this past weekend. Left the LFS with tailspot blenny and 2 clowns already had a 6 line wrasse in there. Have lots of hermit crabs and snails from the 120 that made the move.

Also ordered 2 mini max desktops reactors for carbon and GFO and the IM skimmer. Just want to make sure this little slice of reef heaven stays nice and clean.

defender.TX

Also ordered 2 mini max desktops reactors for carbon and GFO and the IM skimmer. Just want to make sure this little slice of reef heaven stays nice and clean.

I already mentioned this in Jay's Nuvo 24 thread but I'm really curious to see how the skimmer and reactors work in this tank. My Nitrates run between .5 - 1 ppm depending on where I'm at with my water change cycle and I would like that to be closer to 0. I don't have a Phosphates test kit so I haven't tested yet, but I'm starting to have an algae problem so I'm eager to see how to reduce some nasties in the tank :D .

joel sandoman

Any issues getting into the ch ambers for maintenance with those cabinets there? I have overhead cabinets and ir makes it a pain with my nuvo 30

Any issues getting into the ch ambers for maintenance with those cabinets there? I have overhead cabinets and ir makes it a pain with my nuvo 30

I dont really have to get into the rear chambers at the moment. All I am running in the system is filter floss and it can easly be removed from the top. With the addition of the skimmer and 2 reactors we will see. I plan on changing the reactor media one a month. But to be honest my tank it not very heavy it slides on the granite pretty easy especially after I have pumped 5 gallons of water out of it for a water change. So I dont think it will be a problem.

I already mentioned this in Jay's Nuvo 24 thread but I'm really curious to see how the skimmer and reactors work in this tank. My Nitrates run between .5 - 1 ppm depending on where I'm at with my water change cycle and I would like that to be closer to 0. I don't have a Phosphates test kit so I haven't tested yet, but I'm starting to have an algae problem so I'm eager to see how to reduce some nasties in the tank :D .

defender I did start to have some algea bloom but I think it was just because I pulled all the rock from a tank that was shut down for about a week and probably had lots of phosphates sucked up in them. Things are starting to look better now before the reactors and skimmer but I like to feed my LPS especially Acans alot so I figured the skimmer couldn't hurt. I will update when they arrive and everything is set up.

Well I got the 2 reactors in and skimmer in yesterday. Very happy with the reactors not so much with the skimmer. 1st thing the skimmer did when I put it in and plugged it up was start overflowing. That is a major problem for me. I dont want a skimmer that I am going to worry about when I'm not around. So I just set up the 2 reactors with GFO and carbon. I will be chaning this media out monthly. I will get some pictures up tonight.

defender.TX

Well I got the 2 reactors in and skimmer in yesterday. Very happy with the reactors not so much with the skimmer. 1st thing the skimmer did when I put it in and plugged it up was start overflowing. That is a major problem for me. I dont want a skimmer that I am going to worry about when I'm not around. So I just set up the 2 reactors with GFO and carbon. I will be chaning this media out monthly. I will get some pictures up tonight.

Stop teasing and just post pics already please.

Did you decide to return the skimmer? I'm on day 17 with the IM Desktop and I'm still working out the kinks. It should be noted though that my tank only has a CUC in it, so the bioload is very low and may be causing a longer than normal break-in period.

I will eventually try to figure the skimmer out. I might go with another brand though just havent made my mind up there yet.

So just made order from Vivid Aquaria.

Yasha Shrimp Goby Paired with Red Banded Pistol Shrimp-PAIR

2" Ultra Maxima Clam

Red Planet Acropora

Strawberry Shortcake Acropora

Got to be selective with this aquarium. New ultra Blue MAxima so the Black and white will probably have to go. Cant wat for the goby shrimp pair.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived