Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reprogramming the Typhon

MeepNand

And it doesn't work properly?

no it does not. if its not too much trouble can you get the boost code to compile and then send me your exact code your library files and then we can see if the issue is the code or my laptop.

• Like 1

I'll get to it tomorrow evening. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble; I'll fix it all up.

^^^ You sir are awesome. Once again im not sure if its the code or my laptop but I really appreciate the help. also I can get your code to upload but like i said I cannot get the start time for channel one to change. so If you can get any code to work let me know. thanks again/

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to get to this Saturday morning. Tons of homework and an essay due in two day's time is limiting what little free time I have.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to get to this Saturday morning. Tons of homework and an essay due in two day's time is limiting what little free time I have.

Hey man I am a mechanical engineer fresh out of school so I completely understand. School should come first. just let me know if/when you have anything figured out. also if there is an older version of your code that functions I would be happy with that until you can polish up the final one.

• Like 3

just wanted to see if you had time to look at this yet. hopefully school is going good. you posted above that you were in a robot competition what are you building for that? I build a golfing robot for my senior design class.

• Like 1

just wanted to see if you had time to look at this yet. hopefully school is going good. you posted above that you were in a robot competition what are you building for that? I build a golfing robot for my senior design class.

FRC, First Robotics Competition. I couldn't get to it because we are meeting from 10:00AM to 10:00PM on weekends now to get the robot done. We have until next Tuesday to finish, and then we build a second robot to test driving skills on.

Video of challenge:

• Like 1

That looks awesome I really want to see your bot when your done. Also kinda off topic but on the typhon is there a 5v out regulated? I am thinking of powering my cooler guys fan controller from the typhon it uses 5v. or if there is a power pass through on the typhon that may work. but I am failing at finding a pinout diagram for the typhon.

• Like 1

That looks awesome I really want to see your bot when your done. Also kinda off topic but on the typhon is there a 5v out regulated? I am thinking of powering my cooler guys fan controller from the typhon it uses 5v. or if there is a power pass through on the typhon that may work. but I am failing at finding a pinout diagram for the typhon.

You have to solder a wire to the 5v on the underside of teh board. There should be a big 5v regulator; take the output part (the trace that goes tot eh microcontroller) and wire some stuff to it.

You have to solder a wire to the 5v on the underside of teh board. There should be a big 5v regulator; take the output part (the trace that goes tot eh microcontroller) and wire some stuff to it.

Anyway you can show me which trace that is? maybe use paint or something to make a diagram?

edit: actually looking at my board in the bottom right corner there are two empty holes that say PWR above them with a missing resistor (R12) to the left of it. can I use that? and what value resistor should be there?

• Like 1

Anyway you can show me which trace that is? maybe use paint or something to make a diagram?

edit: actually looking at my board in the bottom right corner there are two empty holes that say PWR above them with a missing resistor (R12) to the left of it. can I use that? and what value resistor should be there?

Maybe you can use it. Get a multimeter and check the voltage at that pin. Black wire to the lighting ground and the red wire to the PWR hole.

here Meep I attached a pic of the board layout. its says to add the 1K resistor I don't know if you need to or not. I have already added my fan controller to this spot and it seems to be working.

post-54935-0-05959000-1392588290_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent! I'll make note of that for later.

Working from 10:00 for two more days, and then I'm pretty much free.

hey did you have the robot comp. yet? how did you do? also have you had a chance to look over the code again?

• Like 1

hey did you have the robot comp. yet? how did you do? also have you had a chance to look over the code again?

Yup. I think I identified the problem, and I'll be running a couple simple tests tomorrow.

I might do a compelte rewrite of the code. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote the EEPROM code and it doesn't look fixable.

I'll probably have it done in one or two days.

• Like 1

Tyhpon code completed. You need the new D1307 library in extra_libraries, as I switched libraries again. I tested the EEPROM and it seems to work fine, but give it a go to make sure.

• Like 1

Tyhpon code completed. You need the new D1307 library in extra_libraries, as I switched libraries again. I tested the EEPROM and it seems to work fine, but give it a go to make sure.

Hey I tried your code and it works fine when I upload it but when I plug it into my tank the clock doesnt tick and I cant set it. But it works fine if I upload and leave the FTDI plugged in the clock ticks and I can program. So I think im going to replace the CR1220 battery on the board and see if that fixes the problem........it may have been the problem all along. any idea where to get one I already tried walmart and they didnt have it.

• Like 1

Hey I tried your code and it works fine when I upload it but when I plug it into my tank the clock doesnt tick and I cant set it. But it works fine if I upload and leave the FTDI plugged in the clock ticks and I can program. So I think im going to replace the CR1220 battery on the board and see if that fixes the problem........it may have been the problem all along. any idea where to get one I already tried walmart and they didnt have it.

Did you try the jewelery counter?

There's always batteries plus. They're abit expensive though.

• Like 1

Did you try the jewelery counter?

There's always batteries plus. They're abit expensive though.

yeah I checked there too. im gonna go to radioshack today and check.

• Like 1

I might do a compelte rewrite of the code. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote the EEPROM code and it doesn't look fixable.

I'll probably have it done in one or two days.

Did your rewrite correct the memory error that occurs when you unplug the typhon from a power source?

• Like 1