Pod Your Reef

[Innovative Marine Nuvo 24] April Giveaway Build Thread

defender.TX

defender.TX

Hopefully the intank ones come out soon. I really like both of mine. Is there going to be a fuge basket for the 24?

It says both the Media Basket and Fuge Basket are "Coming Soon" on the website.

Also, this is happening:

9112611534_ec96fe4e4a_c.jpg

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spartan1391

Very cool! I'm hoping to add one clown maybe next week as my only fish in my 8. Hope the acclimation goes well! Are you using the nuvo drip? How do you like it? If it is it lol

defender.TX

Very cool! I'm hoping to add one clown maybe next week as my only fish in my 8. Hope the acclimation goes well! Are you using the nuvo drip? How do you like it? If it is it lol

Yes it is the Innovative Marine AccuDrip. Honestly, it works great. One pinch starts the siphon and it's really easy to control the drip rate. My biggest complaint is the price - it's really expensive for what it is.

Clowns!

I dripped the clowns for about an hour and got them in the tank. They've been hanging out near the top nipping at particles in my water column ever since.

9110955193_e504705bc9_c.jpg

9110955993_f7b83a09b3_c.jpg

9113179874_ee91e0f865_c.jpg

9113180482_d209fa85dc_c.jpg

You guys can probably see I have a bunch of stuff floating in my water column. I really can't figure out how to get it to go away! I cut the yellow sponge in the filter baskets in half and replaced the upper half with Poly Filter Floss that I ordered from InTank and it hasn't helped as much as I thought it would. I basically just have a ton of little white particles in the water. Any suggestions on how to reduce it would be greatly appreciated as I'm really not enjoying the cloudy look of the tank right now.

spartan1391

I already have the drip from them but haven't used it yet. I heard it was easy and I was worried about doing it myself so I went ahead and bought it. I'm glad you liked using it and I didn't buy a useless piece of junk lol

defender.TX

I already have the drip from them but haven't used it yet. I heard it was easy and I was worried about doing it myself so I went ahead and bought it. I'm glad you liked using it and I didn't buy a useless piece of junk lol

No I definitely think it's useful. You'll be happy with it. This is my first saltwater tank and I've had no problem drip acclimating anything so far with it.

Also, just an update, the Poly Filter Floss from InTank has drastically cleared up the particles in my water column. It just took two or three days to make a difference. It's already starting to turn yellow so I think I'll be changing it out weekly for now.

spartan1391

I'm running my first tank as well so I'm glad its fool proof lol. My water needs to clear up as well but I've had problems with the auto top off and I've run out of filter floss. Hopefully I can get the the store soon. I have quite a bit of particles in the water column but there is no color or tint in the water.

defender.TX

I'm running my first tank as well so I'm glad its fool proof lol. My water needs to clear up as well but I've had problems with the auto top off and I've run out of filter floss. Hopefully I can get the the store soon. I have quite a bit of particles in the water column but there is no color or tint in the water.

Just to be clear the filter floss is turning yellow, not my water :D . It's supposed to change color as it absorbs organics, that's how you know it's ready to be replaced.

This is what it looks like when it's ready to come out:

FF2.jpg

I ordered the value pack from InTank, I highly recommend it. Only $8 for 3 huge rolls of it. You have to cut it to fit your filter basket size but that's easy enough. I would say that one $8 order will be around 100 refills, but don't quote me on that.

defender.TX

Wow. SPonge cake.

Yea, that picture is from InTank's website, not my tank. It's not nearly that gross yet.

defender.TX

How are the clowns doing?

Clowns are doing great, just hosting the corner of the tank and eating everything I give them. Lots of personality! Also, I've had the Poly Filter Floss in the tank since Saturday and it already looks almost as brown as the picture from InTank's website. Time to put new pads in. My Nitrates are around 1ppm since adding the clowns, so I think I'm doing okay there. I plan on getting a quarantine tank setup over the long 4th of July weekend and putting my first coral in there!

Cameron6796

Very cool you guys keep uploading pics please ... I want the 24 so bad as my first tank but i think im going to do a 40 or 55 first

defender.TX

Very cool you guys keep uploading pics please ... I want the 24 so bad as my first tank but i think im going to do a 40 or 55 first

Do a 40 Breeder! It's common and a great size.

Cameron6796

Yeah plus i had some really cool plans because its so deep ( front to back ) i was thinking of a kind of shallow lagoon type tank

post-79083-0-00577500-1372273151_thumb.jpg

kriskristofferzen

Tank is looking good. What are the dimensions of the display LXW? I can only find the total including the false chamber. Thanks :)

defender.TX

Tank is looking good. What are the dimensions of the display LXW? I can only find the total including the false chamber. Thanks :)

This specification sheet shows the display dimensions. Just take the totals and subtract the sump. It's 35.43" wide by 13" tall by 9.45" deep.

kriskristofferzen

This specification sheet shows the display dimensions. Just take the totals and subtract the sump. It's 35.43" wide by 13" tall by 9.45" deep.

Thanks! I am am trying to figure out if i have enough rock room to work with. Keep up the posts!

defender.TX

Thanks! I am am trying to figure out if i have enough rock room to work with. Keep up the posts!

Honestly it depends on how you like your aquascape. If you prefer minimalist aquascapes I think the tank is fine. If you like packed rock in your aquascapes it might be a little tough to do that and have a lot of empty space for just sand.

defender.TX

More pics!

First, an updated full tank shot:

9161600333_bdc1caefa6_b.jpg

My sweet blue legged hermit:

9163821546_89e28932a6_b.jpg

Some more of my clowns:

9163822530_5c47b75af1_b.jpg

9161602217_06eb15d02e_b.jpg

Archived