inTank Media Baskets

Adam T's 8 Gallon (Innovative Marine Nuvo 8)

Adam_T

So...I recently downsized to an Innovative Marine Nuvo 8, so I could focus more on a job opportunity that recently surprised me. Here is the info:

Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 gallon
Filtration: inTank Media Basket w/ Purigen, Chemipure Elite & Filter Floss
Return/Flow: Hydor Pico Evolution Mini 600
Lighting: Nano Box Reef - Mini Tide (full spectrum, 11 LED's)
Heater: 50w Hydor
Coral: Golden Aussie Torch, Frog Spawn, Rock Anenome, Purple Death Palys, Watermelon Zoas, Steel Blue Zoas, Armor of God Zoas, Nuclear Green Fuzzy Mushrooms
Fish: No fish at this time...I want this tank as simple as possible. MAY add a clown goby...but I've never had a tank this small before so I'm not so sure.

The coral in the photos aren't fully extended because they were without light for about 12 hours. I put the new light on and took the pictures pretty soon after.

Photos (unedited):

NBR2_zps56570107.jpg

NBR5_zpsbfe65644.jpg

NBR3_zpsc0bb7719.jpg

NBR4_zps5b019468.jpg

NBR1_zpsd7bf1b6a.jpg

Update: May 2013

Evaporation? What evaporation?

IMG_4448_zpsb7c25679.jpg

IMG_4449_zpsd3a6b068.jpg

Thanks to Pico Aquariums for the custom filter cover.

Anyone have any fish recommendations? I'm thinking a single clown goby....or a wheelers goby. Something small and just 1.

Teal low clown gobies are cool but they tend to be harder to keep alive in captivity. I have tried twice and haven't had any luck. If it were my tank I would do a pair of green striped gobies or something similar. They are awesome fish and would be great for a tank this size. You have done an awesome job with this tank so far and I'm pretty jealous of your light, Dave makes some killer fixtures!

• 2 weeks later...

Evaporation? What evaporation?

IMG_4448_zpsb7c25679.jpg

IMG_4449_zpsd3a6b068.jpg

The cover cost $27 shipped by Pico Aquariums.

Updated FTS & Coral Pics: (pics taken quickly with cellphone, if coral look like they are stretching for light, it is because I am still acclimating them to LED. Don't want to burn them)

IMG_4458_zps9521ad30.jpg

IMG_4467_zps46bb82ad.jpg

IMG_4471_zps653be4e1.jpg

IMG_4472_zps01bc981d.jpg

IMG_4473_zpsda89cd01.jpg

IMG_4474_zps54282bb9.jpg

IMG_4469_zpsc3310dc1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'll take some in the morning. My LPS is growing very quickly, and the Anemone is amazing. I never do good with zoas.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I looked at the pico aquarium website. Couldn't find any filter covers. Where'd you find that??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived