NanoGuy13

My System Information:

Tank: Nuvo 16 gallon AIO

Start Date: March 26, 2013

Live rock: 14 Pounds

Live sand: 1inch sand bed

Lighting: Gen1 radion with upgraded TIR lens

Flow: MP10W (connected to my radion)

Filtration: Chemi-pure elite, Purigen, Stock media baskets.

Reactors: Innovative Marine Mini Max running BRS GFO.

Dosing: 2 part B-ionic (still configuring dosing amounts)

My Reef Information:

Fish: Six Line Wrasse

Invertebrates: Cleaner Shrimp, CUC

LPS Corals:

• Orange fungai plate
  • Purple torch coral
  • ORA neon green torch
  • Bleeding Apple Scoly
  • Watermelon Scoly
  • Orange Scoly
  • Neon green trumpet coral
  • 2 Aussie acans
  • Neon green flower pot Goniopora

SPS Corals:

• Red montipora digitata
  • Red montipora capricornis
  • Neon green Birdsnest
  • ORA birdsnest
  • Neon green Stylo
  • 2 unknown acropora
  • Green Millipora
  • Purple Millipora
  • Sunset Millipora

Zoas/Polyps/Rics

• God of War Zoa
  • Blue Rhino Zoa
  • King Midas Zoa
  • Blue Lightning Zoa
  • Gold Diggers Zoa
  • Eagle Eye Zoa
  • Several random Zoas that I havn't looked up
  • Blue ricordia
  • Orange ricordia
  • Neon green ricordia
  • Purple ricordias
  • Kenya tree (soft coral)

post-79577-0-71705300-1374193112_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after letting the water cycle and going through the hard times of having nothing in your tank. My tank finally got life in it. THE CLEAN UP CREW

CUC

Ill leave off here and update yall some more tomorrow depending on how many comments and views i get. Heres what I added today. If i see enough ppl interested and im not just wasting my time then ill post the pic of them opening up.

The bottom pic of the zoa colony is what was added today not the CUC lol

post-79577-0-05900600-1366148679_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-06527400-1366148699_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-63558400-1366148848_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-37893500-1366148889_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-11483200-1366149134_thumb.jpg

Nice start! Equipment list?all i have added right now is the MP10. Im ordering the minimax reactor to add in one of the chambers in the back. The other side is holding chemipure and my heater.

Looking good so fare buddy. I got my rock to. Looks like some diatoms on your sand bed and rock. Are you using ro/di water?

Looking good so fare buddy. I got my rock to. Looks like some diatoms on your sand bed and rock. Are you using ro/di water?

I started off with tap water but i now use ro/di water. The diatom bloom is now gone. The hermit crabs did a good job taking care of that. I got a few coral it now ill post some pics of the tank of how it looks today. It further improved. I also got a question bc i follow your tank as well. Witch one do you recommend IM protien skimmer or the reactor?

like your rockscape, you stick the rocks together with epoxy?

No, i just placed the rock so they would fit in together. It took awhile to get it to work out but i eventually got it to where i liked it.

yea i heard many bad things about their skimmer tho.

I have it, but I cant tell you if it is bad or not cause I havent been using it yet. I have heard some bad things but I have heard some good to.

So what bad and good things have you heard about the Skimmer? Im considering going to buy one today...Also, Ive had my tank up for like 2 weeks with fish, is it too soon to get the skimmer?

Well, mainly people get micro bubbles. I had mine running for about 2 weeks with out a bio-load in my tank and they are now gone. I cant tell you about how well it skim's cause I still don't have a bio-load in the tank. But here is a video from another guy.

The IM video I watched says that you will have micro bubbles at first due to the "break in period" and that once its broken in they will stop...? I dont know much about skimmers as this is my second tank ever so I have no idea whats what :)

The bad is what slay said, people are having trouble with micro bubbles shooting into the tank after having it in for more then a month. From what i have heard it is just difficult to tune it in, but if you get it running correctly its a great addition for your tank if you dont do frequent water changes. usually its ok to get a skimmer before you get fish just so you can break it in, if anything you might have put fish in to soon, make you sure you cycle your tank fully and don't rush into things.

The bad is what slay said, people are having trouble with micro bubbles shooting into the tank after having it in for more then a month. From what i have heard it is just difficult to tune it in, but if you get it running correctly its a great addition for your tank if you dont do frequent water changes. usually its ok to get a skimmer before you get fish just so you can break it in, if anything you might have put fish in to soon, make you sure you cycle your tank fully and don't rush into things.

Yea, I moved my live rock, fish and CUC from my old tank and used live water so not much cycling was needed. Sounds like its ok to get it and install it now then...

Couple of frags im growing right now

green star polyps

button polyps

couple of zoas

Yea, I moved my live rock, fish and CUC from my old tank and used live water so not much cycling was needed. Sounds like its ok to get it and install it now then...

ohh gotha, yea that always speeds up things. Yea its best to get it now before you get coral. The coral are going to be the ones that are bothered by the micro bubbles mainly. Let me know how it is, im getting the mini max reactor from IM

post-79577-0-02139200-1366397633_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-88181000-1366397713_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-63966300-1366397813_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-13737500-1366397865_thumb.jpg

ohh gotha, yea that always speeds up things. Yea its best to get it now before you get coral. The coral are going to be the ones that are bothered by the micro bubbles mainly. Let me know how it is, im getting the mini max reactor from IM

Oh boy I have two frags of Zoas and one GSP :( so the micro bubbles will hurt my coral? crap lol... Im going to go get the skimmer today...

Oh boy I have two frags of Zoas and one GSP :( so the micro bubbles will hurt my coral? crap lol... Im going to go get the skimmer today...

no, they should be fine. those are some of the hardiest coral. I just would tune it in before you buy any expensive corals and fish

no, they should be fine. those are some of the hardiest coral. I just would tune it in before you buy any expensive corals and fish

Cool, THANK YOU for the info!!! Im not adding anymore fish (just have two clowns) yea I'll deff play with it before I add any more..

Thanks again!

Archived