SaltCritters.com

Zia's *INSANE AIO* Contest

Zia

Poll Closed. AIO WINNER is eddiecorrea  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best concept? Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who deserves it?

• uwwmatt (Team Rally Monkey aka Darkhorse)
    • 6gallon nano reef 101
    • JamesHL88
    • eddiecorrea (Team Lawnman)
    • Evanski9
    • Clownin_around29
    • jbb_00 (Team metroKat)

Where is your proof?

BTW when will the winner be announced? (Next few days, week, weeks?)

I'll post the poll tomorrow @ 3pm mst, and everyone can vote tomorrow, thru Sunday. So will know Sunday and its already getting boxed ready to go.

This contest was done with a fun and positive intent and i know we can finish strong in a positive way.

P1200255_zpse7dcb383.jpg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW when is the other tank gonna get to the guy who bought it? I wanna follow that build.

It's supposed to be there tomorrow, but good ol' UPS now shows Monday at the latest.

The 'LIVE' poll list, as follows:
Begow
6gallon nano reef 101
JamesHL88
eddiecorrea
Evanski9
Clownin_around29
jbb_00

What's to stop someone with nothing better to do all day from making 100 accounts and voting all for himself?

Maybe the mods can tell if there's alot of new account's from the same IP address. I would think they monitor that activity anyway.

I take everything seriously. -_-

Maybe the mods can tell if there's alot of new account's from the same IP address. I would think they monitor that activity anyway.

Just don't count votes for people that registered after you posted this thread.

Begow
6gallon nano reef 101
JamesHL88
eddiecorrea
Evanski9
Clownin_around29
jbb_00
uwwmatt

I take everything seriously. -_-

Just don't count votes for people that registered after you posted this thread.

Thats a great idea. But when there voting via poll, how would i know? On a poll are the voters pubic info?

Thats a great idea. But when there voting via poll, how would i know? On a poll are the voters pubic info?

Have them post who they voted for in a reply. Make them use red font so its easy to pick out of the thread when you tally the votes.

Any of the participants have any sketchs or cad designs, images etc... to promote your design/idea. Feel free

I'll submit this image

dab01113-6c14-4c89-983c-fb512e58e199_zps

I agree. Go with a public poll. I don't think anyone here would be low enough to create accounts just for votes.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

What's to stop someone with nothing better to do all day from making 100 accounts and voting all for himself?

Back in 2004 I entered a 2 gallon pico that took 1st prize! The tank was featured in Europe in a Reefing Magazine! But the win was not as easy as simple honest votes.

A dishonest reefer contacted many of his friends in Mexico and had them make up new accounts and he won by a landslide. The moderators overturned his dishonesty by eliminating new accounts for poll voting.

Just a heads up on making sure we have honesty and sincerity for this contest.

Here is the photo of my 2 gallon pico that took 1st prize in 2004!

34nme6o.jpg

Thank you for reiterating that point. I added this rule to that point.

Potential poll nominees.

* I will only add your name to the poll if you lmk that you want to be added and ONLY if you have the intention of taking this seriously and have the funds, time, and will to set this tank up while documenting the whole process.

I will add the 'Live' poll tomorrow @ 3pm MST, so post here on the thread that you agree w/ terms to be added.

The 'LIVE' poll list as follows:

Begow

Please do NOT add me to the list. Like I said in my OP on this topic, my entry was for fun only, I don't have the energy to setup and maintain another tank at the moment. I also didn't see pictures of the tank when I made my post (I was at work, can't see pics from work, damn work filters!), so I'd have to change my layout some anyways. :lol:

Please do NOT add me to the list. Like I said in my OP on this topic, my entry was for fun only, I don't have the energy to setup and maintain another tank at the moment. I also didn't see pictures of the tank when I made my post (I was at work, can't see pics from work, damn work filters!), so I'd have to change my layout some anyways. :lol:

Noted. Thanks for the idea though. Loved your Island scape concept.

Back in 2004 I entered a 2 gallon pico that took 1st prize! The tank was featured in Europe in a Reefing Magazine! But the win was not as easy as simple honest votes.

A dishonest reefer contacted many of his friends in Mexico and had them make up new accounts and he won by a landslide. The moderators overturned his dishonesty by eliminating new accounts for poll voting.

Just a heads up on making sure we have honesty and sincerity for this contest.

Here is the photo of my 2 gallon pico that took 1st prize in 2004!

34nme6o.jpg

First off, thanks for stopping in. Great feedback and even better Pico. I can clearly see why you won that contest.

New accounts for the sake of voting, especially multiple accounts from the same IP address don't benefit N/R anyhow.

If the mods here could chime in PLEASE. If they could also eliminate new accounts strictly setup for poll voting than we could still do a public poll vote.

Or prehaps is there a better option here?? Fast input welcome, Thanks

First off, thanks for stopping in. Great feedback and even better Pico. I can clearly see why you won that contest.

New accounts for the sake of voting, especially multiple accounts from the same IP address don't benefit N/R anyhow.

If the mods here could chime in PLEASE. If they could also eliminate new accounts strictly setup for poll voting than we could still do a public poll vote.

Or prehaps is there a better option here?? Fast input welcome, Thanks

You could always draw names out of a hat and film it :P Livestream!

Clownin_around29

Yeah I'd rather the names be drawn out of a hat. Everyone basically has the same idea for the tank cause the options are so limited. But it's up to ziareefer

You could always draw names out of a hat and film it :P Livestream!

Because this AIO will be a build thread here on Nano-Reef. I would like everyone's vote to see what the general concessions is on what idea they want to see come to life. I haven't been a member long enough to know which of the nominees would truly develop this AIO and do it on a EPIC scale. So i ask for your votes to determine which of these nominees has the skills to actually pull this build off!

Voting: Will stick with the public poll and i'll ask the Moderators to please look at the voting/poll and erase any and all new account votes. So will go with that, so everyone can have a say in the process.

I remember we had a sales oriented "race" at work and the top three names were later drawn out of a hat. You could do the poll, and the top two get drawn ON LIVE TV!!! :P

I'm just figuring a way to make it a little exciting/unpredictable.

Public Polls are great to get a general consensus, but if someone's in the lead, it just kills the excitement for everyone.

No hat!

Thats not a contest thats a raffle

My idea was completely different than all the others. Dont curve grade us, this isnt public school.

15min and i'll post the poll so the voting can begin. It looks like this might be the final list of people to vote for. Unless someone in the list of 14 nominees chimes in real quick...

uwwmatt
6gallon nano reef 101
JamesHL88
eddiecorrea
Evanski9
Clownin_around29
jbb_00

PLEASE VOTE!!! VOTE for who has the best concept. Based on there idea and ability to build out this AIO, who do you feel deserves it? Voting ends this Sunday 10th @ 6PM

Take the time and read there ideas and JUDGE for the one idea that you would enjoy seeing in a build thread here on Nano-Reef.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The names below are in NO particular order

uwwmatt
6gallon nano reef 101
JamesHL88
eddiecorrea
Evanski9
Clownin_around29
jbb_00

uwwmatt TOTM!

What better way to show off the tank than to have the only person to ever (besides jacobnano) win two tank of the months on nano-reef set it up? I've got all the camera equipment to make sure the build gets documented with quality images too.
I'd stick to the hardy corals focusing on color variety, colorful zoanthids, shrooms, and smaller LPS; lots of interesting inverts, but most likely no fish.
I have an unused MP10 sitting around if the return pump didn't offer enough flow. I also have a reef keeper lite and ATO I'd slap on there. I'm all for making my tanks as automated as possible. I'd most likely do a cutom LED build along with a custom stand. I think I may make this an in-wall tank if I win.
Edited for accuracy

6gallon nano reef 101
Equipment-
Filter- Mini ball of macro in back (Mini fuge 2nd chamber) plus some carbon & a sponge in first chamber
Light- The Sun!
Heater- Theo heater from my old 6g
Flow- Eheim mini pump 3rd chamber
Salt- Pretty sure LFS uses RC
Aquascape- Dual island/Atoll hybrid scape-Goes above land- Philippine Biotope- Tidepool/Shallow reef
Fish- Bryaninops erythrops OR natans
Inverts- ??? I'll search about it later
Goal- To make a natural environment for Bryaninops erythrops OR natans

JamesHL88
Ok real talk heres my entry.
If I get this tank it will be an axolotle tank! Check out the link bellow if u r unfimilliar.
http://www.axolotl.org/
I would keep the tank barebottom with most likly a sideways flower pot cave and potted java ferns. A floor lamp with a par30 or par38 from lowes would provide ambient shimmer. Filtration would be a maxi jet return with floss and carbon in the back chamber. I want a little monster tank and this would be the perfect tank for an axolotle. I would maintain a tio of minnows or feeder fish as an in tank source of live food. I would document the entire build and life of the tank here on nano reef as well as a thread on caudata.org so I could $#!+ all over their standard ten gallon builds. You know ... show em how us reefers do things. I know its not a reef tank but im planning on doing an axolotle tank anyways and this little shallow tank would be steller as an aquatic salamander playground.
Also if I win u can ship the tank dirty and ill clean it myself

eddiecorrea
I would run an MP10 on it. The tank would be controlled by an Apex JR with PH and Temp probes. Also a VDM to control the AI Nano light I would use over this. It would be bare bottom completely covered in zoas and rics. Strictly a softy garden with no space other than softies. I have the heater and pumps. I also have an AI Nano I could run over it now. MP10s are easy to get haha.

jbb_00
couple of small islands
assorted zoas / palys , acans , duncans , few small photo gorgs, red coco worm, asst. macro
rock nem with porcelin crab or nem shrimp (maybe both)
Nice open brain , or plate for the sand
reef cleaners CUC
flaming prawn goby (if available)
yasha goby if above falls through
Lighting : Nano-Box Duo (on hand)
DIY media rack for chamber 1
RKL - SL1 , ALC , PC4, ATO (aqualifter)
25w heater on RKL
FLOW :
option 1 . Maxi-Jet / locline idea
option 2. drill 3rd chamber and run external pump on SCWD for closed loop "wave maker"

Clownin_around29
Is this still going?
This is what I would do with this tank...
Equipment:
AI nano LED light suspended from the ceiling
25 watt heater in the first chamber
Chemi-pure elite in the second chamber
Maxi jet 400 for return in third chamber
I would also cut a piece of acrylic and paint it black to sit on top of the filtration to hide the equipment. ( I have all this equipment on hand from a previous tank shutdown)
Livestock:
Soft corals and some monti caps
Ric garden
Zoa garden
Just recently bought a house( I'm only 22)and have to re finish the basement. Looking for a show piece tank and this would definitely be it.

Evanski9
OK GUYS! You guys are making me laugh....
Think outside the box. Geeze.
I have all the equipment on hand...
Screw mp10's and such... What I would do!
Drill it and run a closed loop hidden by two mini islands.
1 inlet and out let. Insane flow.
I would run to the wholesale and grab California native Nems and starfish and run it as a native tank.
Ok thanks.

No hat!

Thats not a contest thats a raffle

My idea was completely different than all the others. Dont curve grade us, this isnt public school.

JamesHL88 for president!

Archived