Coral Vue Hydros

FOR SALE Joel's IM Nuvo 30 Now RAZOR Nano powered!

joel sandoman

joel sandoman

So I have been out of the hobby for a couple of years now. I tore my old tank down for financial reasons and being sick of battling Halimeda that had taken over my tank. You can see the old thread http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/195030-joels-20-gallons-of-delight/?hl=%2B20+%2Bgallons here. Now I am back with the Innovative Marine Nuvo Micro 30. (can they give a tank longer name?)

FTS

3d762c08-ef1d-44a9-8b4e-484ed0c5a414_zps

Lighting; AI Nano Maxspect Razor Nano 16k

Heater: Cobalt Neo-therm 100w

Flow: IM Spin stream

Skimmer: Hydor Nano slim

Stocking list

Rainbow BTA

Zoas/palys

AOG

Tubbs blues

REd Hornets

Blue Hornets

Darth Mauls melted

Pink Zippers

Nuclear Greens

Sunny D's

Rastas

Blue orgasms

Spongebobs

Captain America (supposedly)

Fire and Ice

Kryptonite

Magician (dissapeared)

LPS

Orange and white acan

Neon green and purple favia

SPS

Ponape birdsnest

Holiday monitipora

Lepto

Softies

Green star polyps

Ricordia

Green mushroom (my wife's doing)

macroalgea

Dragon's breath

chaeto

Fish

Two spot candy hogfish Back to the LFS with the killer

Pearly Jawfish RIP

Tailspot Blenny RIP

Female Lyretail Anthias RIP

Lubbok's Fairy Wrasse RIP

Orange clownfish X2

Red dragonet

green wrasse

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joel sandoman

Battling halimeda?

Looks good so far. The unwrapping is the best part.

I guess that's what it was from the ID I got. It was growing all in the sand, roots everywhere, in my rock. I pulled it out every week by the handfuls.

joel sandoman

Cobalt Neo-ther, 100w. Got a call form Cobalt this morning and they are sending out the bracket replacement today. Wow that's great service! Just called them last night. I am planning on getting the InTank media basket for a filter.

joel sandoman

20130301_184701_zpsd95bd317.jpg20130301_184633_zps9f60c205.jpg

What do you guys think of this scape'? Need to build it up with more rock? It's only about 15 pounds of rock and I have plenty more rock? Should I build the right side up higher for an SPS area?

It's a start. If it were me, I would break out the hammer and chisel/screwdriver and have at her. A little epoxy and/or superglue, and create something! Big balls of rock stacked together kind of look just like that. Be creative! Get some frustrations out on that base rock! :P

joel sandoman

It's a start. If it were me, I would break out the hammer and chisel/screwdriver and have at her. A little epoxy and/or superglue, and create something! Big balls of rock stacked together kind of look just like that. Be creative! Get some frustrations out on that base rock! :P

Haha ok I was thinking that. Also though about trying to locate a larger piece.

Could you maybe make it thicker at the base and a little taller on the left? Give it a bigger contrast? Nice AI Nano man. I ordered an AI today! :D

I feel like you'll run out of places to put corals on, therefore you should have rocks going up at least 75% of the way on one side? What acrylic tubes are you using? I might need to look into that since I ordered more base rock.

joel sandoman

I used fiberglass rods since it is stronger and therefore you can use a smaller diameter. Which means you run less risk of breaking up the rock drilling it.

Looks good so far. I always try and view it from above as I building it so I can see where the corals are going to go as well. Also, some fine sipping tequila helps with creativity. B)

My main goal when aquascaping is to create a seamless structure that naturally flows without drawing ones eye to any one particular space. The key is fitting to rocks in a way that you can't tell where one begins and the other ends, this way you have a structure and not "a pile of rocks" as the forum people say.

joel sandoman

Long day yesterday, but I finally got the tank wet. I am pretty happy with how the scape' came out. Opinions? Brutal or otherwise. 20130305_081226_zps23082f93.jpg20130305_081250_zps29a2b591.jpg20130305_081259_zps58046d5c.jpg20130305_081310_zpsa5153945.jpg20130305_081903_zps1cb32a7f.jpg

Looks great! I love the IM tanks and am thinking of upgrading to one. How do you feel about the Nano light over that tank? Looks pretty brite from the pictures. I have the Nano over a 12g now and wondered if i could use it on a nuvo?

joel sandoman

I really like it. According to AI this light should cover my tanks footprint. I just have to raise it up a bit to get the edges.

Archived