Coral Vue Hydros

RealReefs' Evolve 8

RealReefs

I think it is time to start a thread! I have had an Aqueon Evolve 8 for about 9 months now. This is my first real saltwater reef tank. I went into it with little knowledge on water changes. I tryed to apply my freshwater skills which I now know was a bad idea! The first 6 months were rough losing lots of fish and coral. But, I finally know what I'm doing and my tank has been running wonderfully the past 3 months. Most of the credit goes to my water changes that happen every week and my keen eye for things that are out of place. This tank is my pride and my joy. It is amazing how greatly different and rewarding the saltwater hobby is compared to freshwater! I cant't wait till my tank continues to grow out and turn into a natual masterpiece. Having this tank has been such a pleasure I am upgrading to a standard 29 gallon that will be SPS dominant. I will start another thread on the build once I get all of my equipment. But, for now here are some specs on my 8 gallon! Enjoy and follow please! ?

Tank- Standard Aqueon Evolve 8

Lighting- Stock Lighting with 2 Mini-PC 50/50 Bulbs

Filtration- Carbon Filter Pads

Water Flow- Stock Pump

Salt- Reef Crystals

Stock

-3 Scarlet Hermit Crabs

-2 Nassarius Snails

-2 Astrea Snails

-1 Snowflake Snail

-Over-Population of Copepods and Amphipods!

So for those of you people who think an Aqueon Evolve can't run well without lots of mods, I am here to prove you wrong! Haha. All you have to do is keep up on your waters changes and maintenance. Also, I am going to the LFS today to pick up a Purple Fishfish and a Cleaner Shimp! I have had a regular Firefish before for the lonegest time and he survived all of my bad husbandry in the beginning but, about a month ago Blaze decided to jump. ? I loved that fish. Cant' wait to get a new one though and the Cleaner Shrimp I absolutely adore there personalities and how they keep your tank in check with there clean habits! Thanks for reading this can't wait to here what you guys think and pictures will be uploaded soon after I get my new additions today! ☺

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice, it seams not many people use the evolve, even though its a well designed tank, you should post pics, ive only seen a couple people on here that have the evolve. i have one, its great and i love it

Yeah I love mine too i will get some pics uploaded tonight once I get home from the LFS with my new inhabitants. Yes though it is a great tank and I will keep you guys updated every day! ?

Sad day!!! Both of my LFS were out of purple firefish sixline wrasse and skunk cleaner shrimp ? Oh well I guess I will pick them up some other time! LOL and pictures will be up tomorrow because I am not home so i can't tomorrow though i promise guys! Haha

I will have some older pictures uploaded today but, new pictures will be uploaded either tomorrow or Tuesday because I did a water change last night and moved some corals around so a lot of them are mad right now. I promise they will be up early this week! ?

I'm a newbie too to saltwater and with an Evolve 8 I just started yesterday. And you are correct, not the same awe with a freshwater tank at all. Funny how you can be excited abt a tank that only has rock and sand in it. I'll be watching your tank as it progresses.

It''d be cool to somehow get a list of users that all have the Evolve 8s. Anyone want to comment maybe I can get a list going and we can see each other's tanks. I only have 2.5 lbs of rock in mine and will be getting more next weekend. I'm waiting for a Letric Par 38 light/lamp but during the cycling the stock will be fine.

Haha yeah I agree completely about the rock and sand haha my suggestion to you though is take everything slow and make sure everything is stable and ready for what you are going to introduce to the system. But, thank you for watching and that would be sweet to have a thread going just with the Evolve! Great idea and thanks again!

Archived