inTank Media Baskets

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

That is genius. I don't know why I never thought of doing that for my ATO...

Because my brain thinks better than yours and because I have a crazy sprinkler system at home so the parts were in-stock ;)

I have a really stupid noob question but the foam in the sump, is that media infused or do you have to add media in between it?

It's junk, just throw them in the trash. But to answer your question it is an "infused" sponge.

• Like 1

Stand9.JPG

So Stevie...where can I get a stand that fits as well as this one :P

lol. All tanks in the showroom are on these

http://www.amazon.com/Winsome-Wood-Table-Night-Stand/dp/B000NPTUGM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393612618&sr=8-4&keywords=night+stands

Although I got them for about $40 each, they were cheaper than wholesale on real tank stands. And no, none of the tanks actually have water in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

so I stumbled across the Nuvo tanks a couple days ago and fell in love with the look. Currently I have a 29 gallon bow front reef that's still relatively young but the tank was originally a typical fresh water tank which with the help of my friendly LFS guys I turned into a reef with maxspect razor lights, tunze 9004 skimmer, and a tunze and a koralia pump for flow. However the mess is driving me nuts. I hate the big black box and the heater and everything stuck in the tank. and my skimmer is being a jerk. It's currently back at the two for the second time with problems. I think I just got a dud as everything i read on tunze is pretty positive.

I'd like to switch over to an AIO when I move out of my parent's place cause then I can start the new tank's set up and then just shift everything over nice and easy (mostly). Unfortunately that's a while away but I'm doing tons of research now and I'm thinking of doing the nuvo 38 and I found this thread after reading someone else's who mentioned Intank. I'm following along this thread to see how you're doing this build. Hopefully as this gets going I can get ideas and advice for mine. What are the main things I need to keep in mind with all this?

also I've been reading the redsea max thread and it's so interesting watching the beginning of intank... also kind of makes me want to be your best friend lol

• Like 1

. I'm following along this thread to see how you're doing this build. Hopefully as this gets going I can get ideas and advice for mine.

Thanks but I'll be honest. You're not going to see much more to this build. I run a business in this hobby now so there is little time for that hobby. The tank is set up to care for itself with little need other than feeding the fish and keeping the ATO reservoir full. I fell obligated to have a tank in the showroom just in case I am questioned by the Obama IRS about my true operations.

The RSM thread will be much more "exciting" if you need it.

• Like 2
Nanofreak79

Stand9.JPG

So Stevie...where can I get a stand that fits as well as this one :P

I'd like to see it full of water, make it happen, eh?

Edit: then show end results please!

rock_lobster

Do you know when it will be in stock? I am also looking to purchase the skimmer collection cup and maybe the media racks if I can get them all at once.

Do you know when it will be in stock? I am also looking to purchase the skimmer collection cup and maybe the media racks if I can get them all at once.

Oh after looking closer I guess that divider wouldnt work on my system since the chaeto in the rear chamber gets light directly from my main LED source above the tank.

Oh after looking closer I guess that divider wouldnt work on my system since the chaeto in the rear chamber gets light directly from my main LED source above the tank.

We just completed a few and they are in-stock on the site, the rest will be done next week. You can also light the chaeto from the rear

• 2 weeks later...

We just completed a few and they are in-stock on the site, the rest will be done next week. You can also light the chaeto from the rear

How is the clam doing? I'm setting up a Nuvo 16 this weekend and I have a 5" ultra maxima I REALLY don't want to sell but was afraid 16 gallons wasn't enough to support it. Opinions?

• 3 months later...
awesome tank. just picked up a im nuvo 16 really loved your tank. did you have a skimmer on this?

I added the ghost desktop about 3 weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying out new skimmer Tunze 9001

20140723_162916.jpg

20140723_162832.jpg

20140723_162842.jpg

The magnet needed to be mounted to the rear of the skimmer for this to work best. I would suggest finding a thinner magnet to glue to the rear of the skimmer to put less pressure on the false wall.

20140723_153319.jpg

• Like 1

Skimmate Thursday afternoon until Tuesday morning

20140729_134737.jpg

20 hour collection amount in my application

20140730_105531.jpg

Total collection in the neck

20140730_105600.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like it's doing great. Any complaint?

The lid is hard to remove without removing the cup and using 2 hands. But we can fix that if needed with more inTank genius.

It works very well best skimmer I have ever peraonally used.

The lid is hard to remove without removing the cup and using 2 hands.

I found this to be the same with my Tunze 9004. It definitely became easier with more use but pretty much still need to remove the cup to avoid possibly shifting the allignment/depth of the skimmer.

I found this to be the same with my Tunze 9004. It definitely became easier with more use but pretty much still need to remove the cup to avoid possibly shifting the allignment/depth of the skimmer.

The 9004 and the 9001 are similar in manufacturing and some function design so this makes sense. I'm used to just removing the lid so easily to see how the skimmer is foaming so this tight lid is a new thing to get used to.

Other than that it skims like a true champ ze Germans know how to foam zaltwater

• Like 1