ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Nuvo 16 Experience

StevieT

Friday night move canceled. The water main broke right outside my house and the equipment was blocking the driveway. Plus you need water to move and the unknown of when it would be cut off was always there.

I guess 60,000+ gallons in a quarter on the lawn and flowers is too much for it to handle.

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

Saturday move is on. I'm getting to be a Pro at this. It's the third time I have move this aquarium. Resources are available and it comes in handy to own a supply store. But the stress is still the same. So is the risk....

Prized pieces packaged up. Protected with filter floss and a bath towel

IMG_6159.jpg

Gross

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6161.jpg

Live rock/corals packaged like this. Garbage bag helps keep a tight seal in transport.

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

Empty

IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6166.jpg

Floating fish, shrimp and clam

IMG_6167.jpg

Made it, not one piece broke. Yet it's too wide to fit into the new tank

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

Waste pieces due to lack of width

IMG_6171.jpg

Extra live rock to be dried and unused, kind of sad served 7+ years to me

IMG_6173.jpg

Swapped a light before I can get the radion mounted. This is a super secret prototype before it went to production. Which became the JBJ Unibody. Nice to have things laying around right?

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

more to come!..................

This girl is for hire to do tank cleaning.4cd0176e6581a.jpg

Wow thats a flash from the past. I used to live with that tank. And that girl was beautiful, just never touched a magfloat or a scraper in her life.

Stevie lovin the nuvo! Are you planning on running a skimmer or macro fuge in one of the chambers?

Wow thats a flash from the past. I used to live with that tank. And that girl was beautiful, just never touched a magfloat or a scraper in her life. Stevie lovin the nuvo! Are you planning on running a skimmer or macro fuge in one of the chambers?

I haven't decided yet. I have personally never ran chaeto so maybe it's time to try. If I run their skimmer I will make a black cover to hide the nasty cup. I'll prob make one anyway to hide some of these cords.

The decision right now is to run bare bottom or sand. I'm kind of digging the bare bottom right now and it would go along with my plan for an easy to care for aquarium.

GSP is opening today. I have what is left of ricordia island and a few yumas in an acrylic cylinder with eggcrate on top. Will be mounting these on clam island when I get a chance.

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

• Like 2

It's pretty cool day and especially at night. It's so hard to photograph actinic blue. I'll try and get a pic with just the under light on later today when the office isn't so bright. I have another one of these lights, I didn't like two under the base so I'm thinking of mounting it in the stand. What always pissed me off about the RSM was the lack of light when looking in the stand.

How does it look with the light underneath? Looks like a cool idea, but can't really appreciate from the pics.

Best I can do

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

No not much, seeing if it will grow up the rear wall. The front and side have room to still maintain the aquarium. It's an easy one to break and make more room whenever you need.

You might want to consider becoming a professional tank mover. In addition to InTank, you could have Tank2Tank: Stevie T's moving services. I move the tank 50 feet and have a heart attack, you move it 50 states over and the monti arrives in one piece? WTF.

• Like 1

You might want to consider becoming a professional tank mover. In addition to InTank, you could have Tank2Tank: Stevie T's moving services. I move the tank 50 feet and have a heart attack, you move it 50 states over and the monti arrives in one piece? WTF.

LOL ! Yeah, I've got a bit of experience on this subject I suppose. This was by far the easiest move. Basically it was a transfer into a new aquarium. So I had the luxury of having a new tank already set up. The other two moves sucked as the tank had to be also relocated, set up, then livestock transferred.

Hopefully I can get the rest of the equipment set up this week, including the radion. It will be nice to have this all cleaned up and hide these damn cords. An ATO is mandatory. I have yet to hook that up, this thing evaps a lot every night.

Whoa, what states did you move from/to? Are you actually in WI or was that where you were?

Started with an Eclipse 12 in Channahon, Illinois 2006

Moved that into the RSM, same office 2007

Moved the tank in 2009 from Channahon, IL to Milwaukee, WI. Was forced to move after the store I was working at was closed

Moved the tank in 2011 out of the office in Milwaukee to my house in a suburb of Milwaukee

Moved the livestock/rock/equipment in 2013 to my new office to the IM16

Started with an Eclipse 12 in Channahon, Illinois 2006

Moved that into the RSM, same office 2007

Moved the tank in 2009 from Channahon, IL to Milwaukee, WI. Was forced to move after the store I was working at was closed

Moved the tank in 2011 out of the office in Milwaukee to my house in a suburb of Milwaukee

Moved the livestock/rock/equipment in 2013 to my new office to the IM16

Wow. Ok so the new office is still in WI, though?

Wow. Ok so the new office is still in WI, though?

Yeah, same state, same town actually it was a 10 minute drive.

Been in this office/shop since October, 2012.

The longest move was from IL to WI which was a 5 hr round trip drive and the move took 16 total hrs the first day. Set up took another two nights. I never want to do that again.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/205722-steviets-guide-to-moving-a-tank/?pid=2375343#entry2375343