Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

It's all about priorities. For instance, I have no food in my house, but I have enough fishfood to last months... :lol:

I have no gas in my car to drive to work until I get paid Thursday. ....but I got a inverter and battery that will keep my tank going all night long

Prevent house from flooding > going to work

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I guess I must have my priorities wrong. My priorities are:

1) Lily (man is she spoiled)

2) Me

3) Work

4) Tank

Maybe I should move tank up a few spots.

Reefmaster1996

I would move it just bellow lily and above your self, for me, my tank is part of my self, it is an outward extension of my personality and my love of ceatures that live in the beautiful thing we call the ocean. To be honest this isn't just a hobby, it's the art of caring for and maintaining some of the most beautiful animals on this planet in our own homes. I like to think of myself as a marine biologist and my tank as my laboratory, I can do whatever I want with it, but its my responsibility that I owe to these creatures to make sure they are not only alive but thriving. We basically play the role of god with our tanks being the garden of Eden lol. That's the main reason why I got into this hobby and that's what I believe we should all keep in mind when we set up and maintain our aquariums. Plus if you use this as your excuse for buying new equipment, your wife might buy it. ;) also it doesn't matter what you buy or how much your system cost, the most important thing is how well our systems can maintain these creatures happy, unfortunately that usually comes with a hefty price tag lol

:lol: I guess I must have my priorities wrong. My priorities are:

1) Lily (man is she spoiled)

2) Me

3) Work

4) Tank

Maybe I should move tank up a few spots.

Lol normally hobbies come after necessities.....but then I have the tendency of doing everything all at once...so its done an outta the way. The article I can start enjoying what I spent my money on the more I can validate its purpose for purchase

I would move it just bellow lily and above your self, for me, my tank is part of my self, it is an outward extension of my personality and my love of ceatures that live in the beautiful thing we call the ocean. To be honest this isn't just a hobby, it's the art of caring for and maintaining some of the most beautiful animals on this planet in our own homes. I like to think of myself as a marine biologist and my tank as my laboratory, I can do whatever I want with it, but its my responsibility that I owe to these creatures to make sure they are not only alive but thriving. We basically play the role of god with our tanks being the garden of Eden lol. That's the main reason why I got into this hobby and that's what I believe we should all keep in mind when we set up and maintain our aquariums. Plus if you use this as your excuse for buying new equipment, your wife might buy it. ;) also it doesn't matter what you buy or how much your system cost, the most important thing is how well our systems can maintain these creatures happy, unfortunately that usually comes with a hefty price tag lol

Definitely agree. For me its buy it all at once so I dobt have to introdyce changes later that will effect theor well being...

Ha I have the God Complex a bit as well. You shoudl see the havock I wreak in SimCity! :lol:

But no I feel blessed that I can keep a tank like these and my list is as follows :

1. Furry Pets

2. Tank

3. Husband

4. Orchids

5. Me and what I need including work as it has nothing to do with my home life thankfully

Ha I have the God Complex a bit as well. You shoudl see the havock I wreak in SimCity! :lol:

But no I feel blessed that I can keep a tank like these and my list is as follows :

1. Furry Pets

2. Tank

3. Husband

4. Orchids

5. Me and what I need including work as it has nothing to do with my home life thankfully

Does your husband know he's below the tank? :lol: Glad he at least beats out the orchids! And if I'm honest with myself, the tank is probably above me. Its still below work though unfortunately.

Does your husband know he's below the tank? :lol: Glad he at least beats out the orchids! And if I'm honest with myself, the tank is probably above me. Its still below work though unfortunately.

He does, and gives me grief all the time. This is why I am buying him a new Weed Wacker this weekend and other things. ;)

Haha but felicia arent you like a biologist or something lol thats abimal shit plus money of course work comes first lol

And my 13 dollar special from target haha...

20130312_200909_HDR_zps59e411e1.jpg20130312_200828_HDR_zps4f51c995.jpg

jedimasterben
That and moving from a 460watt system to a 2 to 3 kilowatt system...

You mean total power draw? This system won't use nearly that much.

Haha but felicia arent you like a biologist or something lol thats abimal shit plus money of course work comes first lol And my 13 dollar special from target haha... 20130312_200909_HDR_zps59e411e1.jpg20130312_200828_HDR_zps4f51c995.jpg

I like it! Definitely worth $13. And yeah, I work on biomaterials, so I have cell cultures that I have to take care of and basically research just eats your life. Grad students are basically cheap slave labor <_< Although my boss has a reef tank as well so a lot of the times we have meetings about my research progress that turn into me giving him advice on how to make his tank better because his tank really doesn't look that great. :lol:

You mean total power draw? This system won't use nearly that much.

I dunno just guestimating lol

I like it! Definitely worth $13. And yeah, I work on biomaterials, so I have cell cultures that I have to take care of and basically research just eats your life. Grad students are basically cheap slave labor <_< Although my boss has a reef tank as well so a lot of the times we have meetings about my research progress that turn into me giving him advice on how to make his tank better because his tank really doesn't look that great. :lol:

Haha thats funny

Wow, looks great!

Love the containers.

Thanks j. Im really pleased witg how it turned out....I want to get a larger screen for the right side to the right of the. Ra...get like a 5 inch touch screen for stuff lol

And more randoms

20130312_212126_zpsd33cb203.jpg20130312_212324_HDR_zps6b9da603.jpg

Throw an iPod Touch on their like NanoTopia :P

Just have it open on the web browser as a "controller interface" *drool* Or am I sensing a custom Mini-ITX-type build?

Throw an iPod Touch on their like NanoTopia :P

Just have it open on the web browser as a "controller interface" *drool* Or am I sensing a custom Mini-ITX-type build?

Custom arduino io lol. I use my phone to connect to the ra...but it would be awesome to have a 256kb mega chip on there so I can reprogram the ra from the touch screen lol. Edit memory values...turn on and off ports. Change rise and set times. Initiate blackouts. All of the above lol...possibly hide the ugly RA and just have a big ass 8 inch touchscreen showing....with weather...but ocean weather haha...make the homscreen like the forecasr sceens on the news lol

Total Sick, setting the bar here I think, not fair.

Lol yea....

And nitrates are dropping....I can tell. ...my water is crystal clear lol

20130312_214806_HDR-1_zps0dd59845.jpg20130312_215311_HDR_zps866c8a40.jpg20130312_215311_zps9931ca5e.jpg20130312_215401_HDR_zps2d54bf3d.jpg20130312_215401_zps6754161a.jpg20130312_215347_HDR_zps9940675a.jpg

Lol yea.... And nitrates are dropping....I can tell. ...my water is crystal clear lol 20130312_214806_HDR-1_zps0dd59845.jpg20130312_215311_HDR_zps866c8a40.jpg20130312_215311_zps9931ca5e.jpg20130312_215401_HDR_zps2d54bf3d.jpg20130312_215401_zps6754161a.jpg20130312_215347_HDR_zps9940675a.jpg

Okay you can plan my next tank, Hubby likes the cubes I bet I can get him to let me get one when we move north in a few years. ;)

Archived