Cultivated Reef

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, with that sexy set up you need a custom container for the ATO container.........

I know....an all acrylic container instead of a carbouy....lol

I just cut apart my fluval chi 7 gallon to make some baffles....ugh siliconing baffles in after plumbing soynda like no fun

Cable management

20130224_170309_zps08d4e914.jpg20130224_170320_zps40c0759e.jpg

Temporary or permanent sold holder.....if the skimmer is in the way I wont be getting a precision marine holder

20130224_170334_zpsc4fd5301.jpg

Mmmm sexy

20130224_170426_zps92b901e6.jpg

20130224_171912_zpsbbfde12f.jpg

Two empty probes are the ones I broke last night... orp and salinity

20130224_171935_zps055b4901.jpg

Progress...

8504419669_38d33760a3_z.jpg

Not all yours but just a small part of my last order. Drivers are in as well. The cool part, I can fit everything in the new driver housings I use. :) BOOM!

I will have a slew of updates after Reefstock.

-Dave

Progress...

8504419669_38d33760a3_z.jpg

Not all yours but just a small part of my last order. Drivers are in as well. The cool part, I can fit everything in the new driver housings I use. :) BOOM!

I will have a slew of updates after Reefstock.

-Dave

Dave your the man! So stoked

When you to lazy to silicon in baffles...grab some epdm rubber foam

20130224_184404_zps1f8e410a.jpg

Round your glass or acrylic

20130224_184831_zpsfc90fb74.jpg

Lube up witg your favorite water based lube

20130224_190800_zps59eb6459.jpg

And slide on in....

20130224_191207_zps45cd4ca3.jpg

Congratulations you've just hydro/pressure locked your baffles that are easily removable to clean your sump

Did I ever mention that 75gpd is extremely slow....3 hours in...9.5 gallons later...

Getting wet!!!!!.....Yikes! My water pressure sucks in my condo in the winter time I have the brs 4 stage 75gpd and it takes 2hr 45min to make 5 gal. Summer time 2hr for 5 gal.... Also picking up a reef savvy 28x28x14 soon! Not as huge as your but I'm excited to be done with aio I want a sump!

jedimasterben

Getting wet!!!!!.....Yikes! My water pressure sucks in my condo in the winter time I have the brs 4 stage 75gpd and it takes 2hr 45min to make 5 gal. Summer time 2hr for 5 gal.... Also picking up a reef savvy 28x28x14 soon! Not as huge as your but I'm excited to be done with aio I want a sump!

What kind of pressure you running? It should not take that much time. Next time I would buy Spectrapure membranes.

What kind of pressure you running? It should not take that much time. Next time I would buy Spectrapure membranes.
I'd have to check it again but i think it was like 30-35psi maybe... Seems to low lately
jedimasterben

I'd have to check it again but i think it was like 30-35psi maybe... Seems to low lately

I would definitely look into a booster pump, then. You'll eat through membrane life running such a low pressure, and your waste ratio will go up. (at least that is my understanding of it, AZdesertrat would be able to set you straight)

I would definitely look into a booster pump, then. You'll eat through membrane life running such a low pressure, and your waste ratio will go up. (at least that is my understanding of it, AZdesertrat would be able to set you straight)
yea I've been contemplating a booster, I may try to see if I can use the connection that my washing machine hooks up to next week and see if I get better pressure there and if I do ill add a hose Y with shut off.

I have 65psi....

Yes...getting it wet haha...so ready for it

Thats awesome dude. Lol im like biting nails over here filling it up checking levelness...listening for creaks....lol

If im not mistaken both tanks are on the same joists...lol

I thinking im gonna kill my pistol.....introduce baby blue star leopards in tank basket. One jumps and goes for the sand to burrow before I cover the cintainer. Pistol pops out grabs fish by tail. Bye bye fish

jedimasterben

As long as they stay on the 'flat' anemones, I'm fine with porcelain crabs, and pom pom crabs are awesome. But pretty much any other crabs, not so much.

Oh, and one of my giant penaid shrimp killed my pom pom while it was molting. :angry:

Archived