ReefCleaners.org

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

And yet, the Apogee PAR meter performs surprisingly well compared to most more expensive units. If you can measure your lights separately you can get a pretty decent representation of your PAR numbers. For example, I correct Cree Royal blues by an extra 20%, Rebels by about 30%, 430s by 80%, and 405s ... I'm not so sure about 405s. Maybe 3X correction. If you're running white LEDs as your primary I'd also add about 5-10% to your numbers. Also, subract about 20% from any 660 nm Red measurement as the Apogee meter is highly sensitive to this wavelength of light.

I'm with you for using the T5s for your warm temperatures as long as you have enough LEDs in the 400-440 nm range. I'd probably throw in one blue plus bulb as well. For your four bulbs, I'd recommend 1 Purple Plus, 2 Coral Plus bulbs, and 1 Blue Plus. ATI Blue Plus bulbs are still extremely helpful for rounding out the 390-460nm spectrum. If the lowest wavelength LEDs you are using are Rebel royal blues, you might want to swap a coral plus bulb for another blue plus or a true actinic bulb.

Lowest leds are 415nm. Did you see the bulbs I posted above? Those two have the highest output on a spectrograph out of every bulb out there in the 390-430 range. Thanks for the suggestions. I may end up using a blue..I will decide once thw fixture comes my way...

Due to my scape I had some shadowing with the Radion so I reconfigured the RSM T5's so they would light the front and back of the tank. It actually looked really good. I'm probably the only one that has ever done this with a Raqdion, lol.

Haha thats awesome...

Then the gods said there shall be SAND!

20130214_131137_zps2f04f53b.jpg

20130214_131104_zps1e18dd42.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

And yet, the Apogee PAR meter performs surprisingly well compared to most more expensive units. If you can measure your lights separately you can get a pretty decent representation of your PAR numbers. For example, I correct Cree Royal blues by an extra 20%, Rebels by about 30%, 430s by 80%, and 405s ... I'm not so sure about 405s. Maybe 3X correction. If you're running white LEDs as your primary I'd also add about 5-10% to your numbers. Also, subract about 20% from any 660 nm Red measurement as the Apogee meter is highly sensitive to this wavelength of light.

Exactly, but with T5 bulbs that have a pretty wide spectrum it gets a bit more difficult, especially since some have a nice chunk of red.

Lowest leds are 415nm. Did you see the bulbs I posted above? Those two have the highest output on a spectrograph out of every bulb out there in the 390-430 range. Thanks for the suggestions. I may end up using a blue..I will decide once thw fixture comes my way...

What all LEDs will the fixture have?

And I think the UVL Super Actinic has more output than the Geisemann.

Then the gods said there shall be SAND!

20130214_131137_zps2f04f53b.jpg

20130214_131104_zps1e18dd42.jpg

:bowdown:

Exactly, but with T5 bulbs that have a pretty wide spectrum it gets a bit more difficult, especially since some have a nice chunk of red.

What all LEDs will the fixture have?

And I think the UVL Super Actinic has more output than the Geisemann.

:bowdown:

Phillips 8 clusters. 1 centered every 6"

4x royal

2x Coolwhite

2x Warm White

1 Red

1 Cyan

2 blue

2 violet

Well technically the geisseman and uvl are the same bulb made by Sylvania. The UVL has a 180 degree internal reflector which aids to the PAR Readouts below. So your right I may do UVL and KZ

KZ fiji Purple 320PAR @ 10" output purple

UVL Super Actinic 210PAR @ 10" output blue

Geisseman Pure Actinic 157PAR @ 10" output purple

So, for some reason the long pulse mode on the blue boxes have extremely poor flow. The polyps were barely moving at the highest speed setting. I also started seeing surface film.

Sigh. So now I have one MP10 on yellow which is short pulse, and one on Green which is uniform flow.

I have the flow rate turned down to about medium, which means everything top to bottom gets a gentle wave every now and then. So far so good but I'm not sure why the long pulse mode was so poor in flow strength.

So, for some reason the long pulse mode on the blue boxes have extremely poor flow. The polyps were barely moving at the highest speed setting. I also started seeing surface film.

Sigh. So now I have one MP10 on yellow which is short pulse, and one on Green which is uniform flow.

I have the flow rate turned down to about medium, which means everything top to bottom gets a gentle wave every now and then. So far so good but I'm not sure why the long pulse mode was so poor in flow strength.

You have to set the pulse length and also crank it up really high. So its a long burst of wave. Rsm long pulse my guess rsm is 20 inches wide. So about 0.3 second pulse to get a wave going.

Looking good!. I may have missed it somewhere, but how thick is the glass on that tank? Im looking at getting one and was curious if my mp10's would work on it

• Like 1

Looking good!. I may have missed it somewhere, but how thick is the glass on that tank? Im looking at getting one and was curious if my mp10's would work on it

3/8ths. So yes they will work :)

More awesome angles

fts214_zpsda6ff9f3.jpg

20130214_161926_zps94dc4d23.jpg20130214_162010_zpsc70eda62.jpg

Mmmm pink sandddd

20130214_163001_zps8476c31e.jpg

jedimasterben

1/2" glass, and yes, MP10s are fine.

That's such a sweet tank!! Love the dimensions. I think I need to pick one up when I move in aug... Plus the reef savvy 28x28x14 I'm picking up in 2 weeks will be sweet!

That's such a sweet tank!! Love the dimensions. I think I need to pick one up when I move in aug... Plus the reef savvy 28x28x14 I'm picking up in 2 weeks will be sweet!

Yea man it will be awesome. Ill be looking for your build dude. Be warned...big tanks are no cheap upgrade lol. I got 3000 atleast into this upgrade and thats not inckuding the 2500 in equipment I already had :/

The 2500 is only including 3 vortechs. Reef angel with addons and battery backuos...lol...some things I wish I never knew how much I spent on them lol.

Then again. My rig for skydiving cost just as much as all my reef equipment..crazy the things people spend money on....one for defying death and one for hours of slaving ti make a picture in a box for my pet corals...haha hello polyp

I cant decide between rimless and rim!.

I know the bottom has a rim on it.. Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of it? I wanna make sure its gonna fit in the spot I have open. But its cutting it close.

I cant decide between rimless and rim!.

I know the bottom has a rim on it.. Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of it? I wanna make sure its gonna fit in the spot I have open. But its cutting it close.

It is exactly 48x24 for the glass. 48.25 x 24.25 including rim

awesome should fit just fine then Going to make my own stand.. prolly 49 x 25.

How tall are the stands that deep blue makes? I was thinking making my stand 36" tall.. Make it where I can look top down on the tank

Hey Brad.....WOW!!! Love the scape even more with that top down shot!

Thanks Mark. Driving to Maryland to Hey my sump

• Like 1
So when u find out if your gonna get relocated? Will that depend on the tank getting wet??

Oh im not relocating lol I shot that missle down. But I am in Philadelphia for 2 weeks starting Sunday so dint wanna get it wet and not test the system and leave it ti my wife haha...that and I just did get my hands in the sumo and other equipment I needed...7 hour drive back tomorrow yay lol

Ok so i picked up the sump...and overflow and pumps....but gotta finish plumbing. Also went and picked up Brittneys rings. So I say a successful trip!

20130215_103524-1_zps8338b9fa.jpg

Some good pictures over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

sunsetBayBridge_zpsdb2a1452.jpgUntitled4_zpsd60f60f8.jpg

And the wife an I..haha

IMAG0070_zps2421928d.jpg

20130216_202212_zps31220f33.jpg

Well only two things left to buy before I have all the equipment. A skimmer and filter sock holder

Still gotta hang the dosing pumps and figure out how where the controller and vortechs will go

Oh and I need a baffle...and a 3/4" elbow...and a 1/2mpt x 1/2 nylon barb...ugh lol damn plumbing

jedimasterben

lol, plumbing is a real bitch! Between two trips to Home Depot, orders from Marine Depot and Glass-holes, I STILL don't have everything!

I just switched my pump on my tank from the Mag 7 to a Maxi-jet 4500 - about 600GPH at 4ft. The drain is juuuuuusstt big enough to handle it, it's kinda scary! But after a few minutes of the overflow area fluctuating, it settled on one level and is sticking to it.

lol, plumbing is a real bitch! Between two trips to Home Depot, orders from Marine Depot and Glass-holes, I STILL don't have everything!

I just switched my pump on my tank from the Mag 7 to a Maxi-jet 4500 - about 600GPH at 4ft. The drain is juuuuuusstt big enough to handle it, it's kinda scary! But after a few minutes of the overflow area fluctuating, it settled on one level and is sticking to it.

.....ummm lol the mag 9.5 for my return can push 800gph at 4ft...thankfully I made it so I can adjust the flow lol

Hey jedi what is your water height. And how much flow back from the drain do you have when you turn off the return. Im gonna have about 9 gallons available for power outage. ..hope its enough lol

And ive been to hd several times...and still forget shit. Ive replumbed this like 3 times lol

Archived