Cultivated Reef

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol im still using them....they work. The test kits are fairly accurate when compared to hanna photometers as well. I will always use the entire RSCP program...except the NOP4X ....have yet to try it as I have always been able to maintain low parameters. I did purchase some for the new build though. So currently I live by

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Red Sea Foundation Powder (made into solution)

Red Sea Coral Colors

Red Sea Reef Energy

And ill be trying

Red Sea NO4PX nitrate phosphate reducer in the new tank before I try bioballs.

I need to find a store that sells reef energy in 5L

Just as the colirs guide says you cannot have accelerated growth and colors....so once my tank filled out I cut my foundation elements down to maintain a sliwer growth but more vibrant colors.

jedimasterben

Just as the colirs guide says you cannot have accelerated growth and colors....so once my tank filled out I cut my foundation elements down to maintain a sliwer growth but more vibrant colors.

There are a lot of people that have both great colors and explosive growth.

Lol im still using them....they work. The test kits are fairly accurate when compared to hanna photometers as well. I will always use the entire RSCP program...except the NOP4X ....have yet to try it as I have always been able to maintain low parameters. I did purchase some for the new build though. So currently I live by

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Red Sea Foundation Powder (made into solution)

Red Sea Coral Colors

Red Sea Reef Energy

And ill be trying

Red Sea NO4PX nitrate phosphate reducer in the new tank before I try bioballs.

I need to find a store that sells reef energy in 5L

The green color supplement with Iron, still going to dose that if you're thinking about keeping clams again?

The green color supplement with Iron, still going to dose that if you're thinking about keeping clams again?

Yep lol

Ill see what happens with it. Every one else has been fine with clams and rscp colors so why not me

Yep lolIll see what happens with it. Every one else has been fine with clams and rscp colors so why not me
Okay.

The pink maxima you had succumbed to PM, iron exasperates the problem, hopefully running clam less this long has killed the pathogen and new ones will not have issues.

Okay.The pink maxima you had succumbed to PM, iron exasperates the problem, hopefully running clam less this long has killed the pathogen and new ones will not have issues.

True. The only things I will buy for the new tank will be from systems with clams. And everything is getting QT this time. All clams will be from PEAC Dr.Mac since I trust him. And ill be buying all three clams at once. A Maxima, Crocea and Derasa. I also won't be running gfo this time around as ive been running straight skimmer/fuge for months now. I thought about biopellets but decided to try red sea stuff if I need it which I doubt.

Anyway wife just called and said two boxes from BRS just showed up.... rock scape anyone?

• Like 1
Wife??? Is there something you forgot to tell us????

I love dry rocks! Can't wait to see what ya do with them.

Brittney and I got married back in October lol

• Like 2

Lol thanks. Atleast she loves my fish tank. Shes the one who told me to get this one when we saw it at the store.

Thankfully shes adopted my three hobbies. Cars. Skydiving. Reef keeping. And I've supported hers.....cloths....shoes..jewelry....house decoration projects haha good team :)

jedimasterben

True. The only things I will buy for the new tank will be from systems with clams. And everything is getting QT this time. All clams will be from PEAC Dr.Mac since I trust him. And ill be buying all three clams at once. A Maxima, Crocea and Derasa. I also won't be running gfo this time around as ive been running straight skimmer/fuge for months now. I thought about biopellets but decided to try red sea stuff if I need it which I doubt. Anyway wife just called and said two boxes from BRS just showed up.... rock scape anyone?

The clams coming from PEA their last import were all basically starved to death. A lot of people lost theirs very quickly.

As for the Red Sea NOx stuff, it is basically vodka - it'll be much cheaper just to do vodka or vinegar. At that point you'll also be running a ULNS. I don't like ULNS because corals look much more pastel than normal.

IMG952013020595100031_zpse901adf0.jpg

IMG952013010895125003_zpsa050233f.jpg

:wub:

• Like 1

And just for shits and gigs...Brittney and our love child Syphera haha

20130104_202252_zps73389624.jpg

Who by the way is the cutest cat ever

IMG952013020595100031_zpse901adf0.jpg

IMG952013010895125003_zpsa050233f.jpg

ahh, two beautiful girls in your life!

• Like 1
The clams coming from PEA their last import were all basically starved to death. A lot of people lost theirs very quickly.

As for the Red Sea NOx stuff, it is basically vodka - it'll be much cheaper just to do vodka or vinegar. At that point you'll also be running a ULNS. I don't like ULNS because corals look much more pastel than normal.

:wub:

Damn that sucks...and the red sea stuff is still iffy. From what I gather its a mixture of all three vodka sugar vinegar....pretty potent shit. Like I said ...only if necessary if something gets out of control....same reason no biopellets. We both hate ulns it goes against what I think creates healthy..

ahh, two beautiful girls in your life!

Yea...they are awesome!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Damn that sucks...and the red sea stuff is still iffy. From what I gather its a mixture of all three vodka sugar vinegar....pretty potent shit. Like I said ...only if necessary if something gets out of control....same reason no biopellets. We both hate ulns it goes against what I think creates healthy..

I'm dosing vinegar right now since my algae scrubber is now relegated to a smaller area. I've got a bag of Phosguard in my tank, but it doesn't seem to be helping too much against my dinoflagellate outbreak. I know that the vinegar is also fueling the dinos, but I am hoping that bacteria begin to outpace the dinos in their quest for nutrients.

What is really weird to me is that dinos only exist in my display. I've been dumping in about 100-150mL of hydrogen peroxide almost daily and letting it circulate in the DT only (so as to not affect my algae scrubber) and it doesn't seem to really affect the dinos. :/

agreed :happy:I thought everyone knew you got married? ;) I think Mark needs to get himself on FB so he can be up-to-date :)

Haha gueas not

FB? Never heard of it.......

Lol

20130212_162637_zpsd7cc8574.jpg

Awesomeness is about to comence

Ps this is what 30lbs of pukani looks like

Archived